Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express
- Financial Analyst (29)
- Customer Care Professional (29)
- Senior Manager (19)
- Marketing Analyst (18)
- Analyst (17)
- Software Engineer (16)
- HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional (16)
- Director (15)
- Business Analyst (14)
- Customer Service Representative (13)
- Marketing (12)
- Travel Counselor (12)
- Intern (11)
- Project Manager (10)
- Customer Care Representative (10)
- Manager (8)
- Finance Manager (8)
- Team Leader (8)
- Marketing Manager (7)
- Senior Marketing Manager (7)
- Marketing Intern (6)
- Senior Analyst (5)
- Credit Analyst (4)
- Risk Manager (4)
- Human Resources Manager (4)
- Programmer Analyst (4)
- Systems Analyst (4)
- Finance (4)
- Business Development (4)
- Senior Project Manager (4)
Lead Project Manager Interview
Interviews are initially screened by HR, then hiring leader will review top candidates. Usually HL will invite a LPM to join in the initial phone interview. Top few candidates will be selected for an additional interview with peer or VP. Most are conducted by phone since LPM roles are globally focused.
- When they ask…"tell me about a difficult situation when a Business Partner was unsatisfied, and what did you do to resolve the conflict?"…. Be truthful and honest, as it is easy to tell when a story is made up on the fly. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for American Express
Lead Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at American Express (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2013.
I was hire after one phone interview. Of course my recruiter did most of the work prior to the interview. You must be prepared to relate your experience and give clear examples at the same time you develop rapport with the hiring manager. Your answers should clearly demonstrate your abilities to successfully manage the project and its related work. Real life case scenarios work best. Also, clearly demonstrate that you will be an added value / asset to the work or project and that you can be an integral part of the team.
- There were no mysterious or key questions. The interview consisted of a friendly open, honest conversation about my past accomplishments and experience. The hiring manager and I talked for about 35 minutes as he conveyed the position details and explained what was expected. One of the standard questions is to give an example of how you manged a particularly difficult situation with a given project, resource or vendor. 1 Answer
Salary is discussed and accepted prior to interview by the contracting agency. This is standard when being hired through a staffing agency.
Lead Project Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at American Express (Weston, FL) in December 2011.
The first interview is a compentecy interview where they ask different situations and how have you handled those from the past.