American Express Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

Recruitment Consultant phone discussion Conference call interview with two Project Management Directors Face to face interview with two VP's

Interview Questions

• Discuss professional/skill weakness and explain how you manage around it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward. Asked for expectation. Offered lower. Could have pushed as I knew company having worked for them before, but I was happy with returning to the company.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews. Group and individual. It was a tough environment, almost a bit pack fight mentality to seperate the weak from the chaff. But, a great sense of achievment lies if you are up to the challenge and good enough to come through the other end.

Interview Questions

• How does the history of AMEX effect its aquisition strategy going forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy enough, limited negotiation experience meant I was happy to accept what they offered me-which seemed (and still does) to be reasonable.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial application Numerical, VErbal and personality SHL test Application screening Telephone interview Assessment day Offer The assessment day is made up of 2 interview, a case study, group exercise and a presentation

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current affairs Your degree has nothing to do with Marketing - why do you want to do this How do you time manage   Answer Question

Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

application, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

Analyst, Strategic Planning Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Description for London. A very similar process to all other consulting jobs - submit your CV, take an online assessment. If you are successful, you have 2 interviews in the first round, 2 in the second round, and one as the final round. All have two parts - CV part and a case part. Very similar to the consulting top companies - McKinsey and such.

Interview Questions

• No very ugly questions. Be prepared to answer what other companies you are applying for and why you prefer American Express. I was asked in the second round by both interviewers these questions and they went after me. Know how to solve case studies, the ones given to me were not extremely difficult, but practice, practice, practice makes perfect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - their offer was generous for a starting salary, the graduate programme looked promising.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was very friendly and encouraging. I had to apply online followed by 2 phone interviews including a case study preparation and presentation as well as an interview with senior management.

Placement Student: Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial CV, Covering Letter. After screening CV and Covering letter, initial telephone interview. Assessed about knowledge of excel and the company. Few competency based questions. Final assessment centre: Networking lunch (try and get noticed about , expected to prepare a presentation about the Amex business and two competency based interviews).

Unior Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very thorough interview involving usual competency based questions. Questions were very lengthy and not what I would consider plain english. Took a while to recieve any feedback from the recruitment agency and when i phoned to chase they had no record of my interview! This was purely lack of communication by the recruitment agency and not a fault of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion when you persuaded someone to change their way of thinking without making them feel like you were criticising them. How did you approach this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Have to get past the online testing, submit cover letter etc. They I had a 30 minute telephone interview. The key here is to understand the role and exactly what the company does. When I received my feedback, that is what they say I didn't do very well. Overall, not a bad experience. Learnt a lot from the experience as it was my first telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• The norm, What do we do? Why AMEX? What will your day to day consist of? etc   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds. Each round had two interviews. First round was on campus in Barcelona with two Senior Managers who evaluated separately and after I cleared this round, the second round was in London at their office with two more senior Director level people along with candidates from other Business schools in Europe.

Interview Questions

• Motivation to join American Express and the reason for switching from IT to Finance.   Answer Question