American Express Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Competency based and very friendly. There is a very high level .of honesty in terms .of next steps and informed all the way. One of the very easy going interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work for Amex   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was very friendly and encouraging. I had to apply online followed by 2 phone interviews including a case study preparation and presentation as well as an interview with senior management.

Unior Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very thorough interview involving usual competency based questions. Questions were very lengthy and not what I would consider plain english. Took a while to recieve any feedback from the recruitment agency and when i phoned to chase they had no record of my interview! This was purely lack of communication by the recruitment agency and not a fault of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion when you persuaded someone to change their way of thinking without making them feel like you were criticising them. How did you approach this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds. Each round had two interviews. First round was on campus in Barcelona with two Senior Managers who evaluated separately and after I cleared this round, the second round was in London at their office with two more senior Director level people along with candidates from other Business schools in Europe.

Interview Questions

• Motivation to join American Express and the reason for switching from IT to Finance.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very disappointing, slow, uninformative. I spoke to a HR women for 20 minutes. Waited a month, kept chasing her. She then said she had more information about the role so I had another 10 minute interview where she asked 2 more very basic questions. Waited another few weeks, chased her. She said "Due to the role being previously placed on a hold process, we have had to reopen for further candidates to apply." She said I should hear in 2 more weeks. I didn't and I got another great job in that time. The whole process was a complete waste of time and the role obvious wasn't a real role. I was very disappointed in American Express for wasting my time.

UAT Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was very easy and casual.Team manager and Testing manager were present and they briefed about the project and the expectations for the role. No Technical Questions were asked.They just judged my confidence level and communication skills.The whole interview lasted for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe about my Previous Projects and how familiar I am with QC.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Painfully slow process, the Sourcing Partner in charge of the initial stages has no inclination to work whatsoever. It took him weeks to set up the first interview, which was a phone interview just with him! The Amex career website did not work for days so I could not access the updated job description. Instead I was sent a word document with highlighted edits all over it. Very unprofessional. When we finally got round to having the first interview, I was told at the end of it that it was refreshing to find a candidate with the right experience like me, as they had been unsuccessfully trying to recruit for months. He said the Hiring Manager was on annual leave for Christmas until early January and that they'd get back to me then. 8 weeks later, I am still waiting. I sent the Sourcing Partner a follow-up email that he ignored. All in all, an incredibly unprofessional and inefficient behaviour that has put me off from working at American Express for good.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions: why this job? Why American Express? What in you previous experience makes you think that you are a suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Have to get past the online testing, submit cover letter etc. They I had a 30 minute telephone interview. The key here is to understand the role and exactly what the company does. When I received my feedback, that is what they say I didn't do very well. Overall, not a bad experience. Learnt a lot from the experience as it was my first telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• The norm, What do we do? Why AMEX? What will your day to day consist of? etc   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I have contacted by recruiting team, then interviewed by 3 Directors by phone. Final interview was face to face with Vice President and Executive Vice President. I had to fly to London, it was offered to me to do it by phone, but adviced to come personally

Interview Questions

• Questions about some real situations   1 Answer

Placement Student: Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial CV, Covering Letter. After screening CV and Covering letter, initial telephone interview. Assessed about knowledge of excel and the company. Few competency based questions. Final assessment centre: Networking lunch (try and get noticed about , expected to prepare a presentation about the Amex business and two competency based interviews).