American Express Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very disappointing, slow, uninformative. I spoke to a HR women for 20 minutes. Waited a month, kept chasing her. She then said she had more information about the role so I had another 10 minute interview where she asked 2 more very basic questions. Waited another few weeks, chased her. She said "Due to the role being previously placed on a hold process, we have had to reopen for further candidates to apply." She said I should hear in 2 more weeks. I didn't and I got another great job in that time. The whole process was a complete waste of time and the role obvious wasn't a real role. I was very disappointed in American Express for wasting my time.

UAT Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was very easy and casual.Team manager and Testing manager were present and they briefed about the project and the expectations for the role. No Technical Questions were asked.They just judged my confidence level and communication skills.The whole interview lasted for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe about my Previous Projects and how familiar I am with QC.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Painfully slow process, the Sourcing Partner in charge of the initial stages has no inclination to work whatsoever. It took him weeks to set up the first interview, which was a phone interview just with him! The Amex career website did not work for days so I could not access the updated job description. Instead I was sent a word document with highlighted edits all over it. Very unprofessional. When we finally got round to having the first interview, I was told at the end of it that it was refreshing to find a candidate with the right experience like me, as they had been unsuccessfully trying to recruit for months. He said the Hiring Manager was on annual leave for Christmas until early January and that they'd get back to me then. 8 weeks later, I am still waiting. I sent the Sourcing Partner a follow-up email that he ignored. All in all, an incredibly unprofessional and inefficient behaviour that has put me off from working at American Express for good.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions: why this job? Why American Express? What in you previous experience makes you think that you are a suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Have to get past the online testing, submit cover letter etc. They I had a 30 minute telephone interview. The key here is to understand the role and exactly what the company does. When I received my feedback, that is what they say I didn't do very well. Overall, not a bad experience. Learnt a lot from the experience as it was my first telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• The norm, What do we do? Why AMEX? What will your day to day consist of? etc   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I have contacted by recruiting team, then interviewed by 3 Directors by phone. Final interview was face to face with Vice President and Executive Vice President. I had to fly to London, it was offered to me to do it by phone, but adviced to come personally

Interview Questions

• Questions about some real situations   1 Answer

Placement Student: Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial CV, Covering Letter. After screening CV and Covering letter, initial telephone interview. Assessed about knowledge of excel and the company. Few competency based questions.
    Final assessment centre: Networking lunch (try and get noticed about , expected to prepare a presentation about the Amex business and two competency based interviews).

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews. Group and individual. It was a tough environment, almost a bit pack fight mentality to seperate the weak from the chaff. But, a great sense of achievment lies if you are up to the challenge and good enough to come through the other end.

Interview Questions

• How does the history of AMEX effect its aquisition strategy going forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy enough, limited negotiation experience meant I was happy to accept what they offered me-which seemed (and still does) to be reasonable.

Senior Manager - Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two phone interviews with Senior Managers - Both had a fit and a case component. The focus was more on the case. Then face to face interviews with VP of Strategic planning and 2 Directors

Interview Questions

• One case was particularly difficult.. involved Venn diagrams and stuff but most 4 other cases were simple. All cases were about Amex and evaluating an opportunity eg: should we pursue opportunity X? type of questions   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through university recruitment programme. Application process required a cover letter and CV. First round had 2 interview which was mainly behavioural/fit questions. Second round was pretty much the same as the first round expect a lot of questions around motivation.

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Director, Relationship Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Three rounds of face to face interviews with human resources and hiring leader, case study presentation