American Express

Updated Sep 19, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express in March 2012.

Interviewed with 4 different people, directors, VP and also rode with current employees. The process seemed to take forever, in all about 3 months. If you believe you'll get the job, and you want it bad enough you will succeed.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to complete about 10 math problems. Not difficult though   Answer Question
I pretty much accepted all I was offered. Amex offers so much, I love my job so much!

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in July 2011.

Process consistent of a phone interview with a HR rep. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then the final process was a group interview with the hiring manager and a regional VP of sales. For the interview you are told to prepare a sales brag book and be prepared to discuss it. In addition, you were instructed to prepare to present to them on your current product or service. The interviewers were pleasant and made the experience a conversational one. I was quite pleased with that. I was told that they would make their final decision by the next day. I was never notified and i had to make several attempts to finally have someone reveal to me their decision. For such a reputable company as AMEX with the brand image of class. I was greatly disappointed in not even receiving the professional courtesy of being notified of their results. I would have fully expected the hiring manager to have given me that courtesy and respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in February 2011.

1 phone interview, 1 face to face interview - specific questions about your previous history in selling.

Interview Questions
    • What are your previous budgets you were made to meet. Did you meet them? If so how?   Answer Question
    The offer wasn't negotiable. It was salary + commission.