American Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager of Business Development Interview

Manager of Business Development
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 face to face interview - specific questions about your previous history in selling.

Interview Question – What are your previous budgets you were made to meet. Did you meet them? If so how?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer wasn't negotiable. It was salary + commission.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Manager of Business Development Interview

Manager of Business Development
Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express in July 2011.

Interview Details – Process consistent of a phone interview with a HR rep. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then the final process was a group interview with the hiring manager and a regional VP of sales. For the interview you are told to prepare a sales brag book and be prepared to discuss it. In addition, you were instructed to prepare to present to them on your current product or service. The interviewers were pleasant and made the experience a conversational one. I was quite pleased with that. I was told that they would make their final decision by the next day. I was never notified and i had to make several attempts to finally have someone reveal to me their decision. For such a reputable company as AMEX with the brand image of class. I was greatly disappointed in not even receiving the professional courtesy of being notified of their results. I would have fully expected the hiring manager to have given me that courtesy and respect.

Interview Question – What 3 words would best describe you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express Manager of Business Development interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.