American Express

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Director
New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in November 2010.

Interview Details – Competency based interview

Interview Questions

Marketing Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in July 2009.

Interview Details – General behaviorial interview. Asked some case questions. Met with multiple team members. Very team oriented / matrixed organization. Interviewers left plenty of time for qustions. Amex is a large company can be hard to understand how all the groups work together.People seem down to earth and very smart.

Interview Question – Name a time you took an idea from conception to full implementation?   Answer Question

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details – Amex focuses a lot on the ability to drive results and its culture. Make sure you know its Blue Box Values and know that you'll run into situational questions that you should address in a SAR format (state situation, what was the action taken and what results resulted)

Interview Question – Why American Express?   Answer Question

Director Marketing Interview

Director Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in January 2007.

Interview Details – High level interview with hiring manager on skills and qualifications followed by 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews with different members of the team, including situational interviews reflective of past experiences I'd had that were similar to things I could expect at Amex and how I would handle them. Final interview was with Sr. Leader of the group I was interviewing with.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had to translate high level strategy into actionable goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation considered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express Marketing Director interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.