American Express Marketing Director Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in November 2010.

Competency based interview

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in July 2009.

General behaviorial interview. Asked some case questions. Met with multiple team members. Very team oriented / matrixed organization. Interviewers left plenty of time for qustions. Amex is a large company can be hard to understand how all the groups work together.People seem down to earth and very smart.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you took an idea from conception to full implementation?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Amex focuses a lot on the ability to drive results and its culture. Make sure you know its Blue Box Values and know that you'll run into situational questions that you should address in a SAR format (state situation, what was the action taken and what results resulted)

Director Marketing Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in January 2007.

High level interview with hiring manager on skills and qualifications followed by 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews with different members of the team, including situational interviews reflective of past experiences I'd had that were similar to things I could expect at Amex and how I would handle them. Final interview was with Sr. Leader of the group I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to translate high level strategy into actionable goals.   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation considered.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!