American Express

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruitment center and was notified of an interview request at the specified interview-request date.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in February 2013.

Interview Details – It's a fairly simple interview process. I submitted my resume through the career center and the Amex website and got selected for a first round interview.

The first round interview was 2-45 minute behavioral with some situational questions. I got a call in less than 24 hours for final round where they flew me out to NYC to participate in a Super Day. They only had me do two 2-30 minute behavioral interviews that were a little more situational this time. It was really casual and not intense at all. The interviewers are really nice and make you feel comfortable.

I got a call 48 hours later for an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – We launched a new marketing campaign, and profitability went down even though sales went up. What happened? Is it ever okay for that to happen?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submit resume via on campus recruiting.
Make sure to be involved at on campus recruiting events.
Behavior based interview questions about one's self and general questions about American Express outlook.
Two rounds of behavioral question on campus.
Final round interviews take place at NYC on a big super day. Many interns form across the US come to interview. Similar behavioral questions as in first round.

Interview Question – What is something wrong with American Express?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Assessment centre involved a critical reasoning test and a quantitative reasoning test. This is followed by a group case study (the case depends on which position you are applying for) and then a networking session. If you get through this round, you will be called for a face-to-face interview (1-1)

Interview Question – Propose a digital marketing campaign for young consumers   Answer Question

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details – Online application form, CV and Cover letter.
Completed online maths and verbal tests - not my strengths at all but very easy.
Didn't hear back for a while but received a call to schedule a telephone interview. Was supposed to be competency based but asked some random questions lasted around 15-20 mins.
Invited to attend assssment centre including competency and behavioural interviews, one hour to read a case study and prepare for a ten minute presentation and 15-20 mins of questions and an in-tray exercise to be discussed as a group.
VERY friendly and well organised, was impressed.

Interview Question – how would i encourage supermarkets to use amex cards   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial application
Numerical, VErbal and personality SHL test
Application screening
Telephone interview
Assessment day
Offer

The assessment day is made up of 2 interview, a case study, group exercise and a presentation

Interview Question – How do you keep up with current affairs
Your degree has nothing to do with Marketing - why do you want to do this
How do you time manage
  Answer Question

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!