American Express

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in November 2009.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – What are all the drivers for revenue for the charge card?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Express in November 2011.

Interview Details – The bazaar interview question that I was asked was: "What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone?"

Interview Question – Word for word: What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone??   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through the site. After about 2weeks, I was contacted for an interview. I did my research, many alums from my school work at Amex, and I read that they promote heavily from within....which had me wondering why that wasn't the case for this role.
In any case, they took awhile to get back to me after I applied. I had a phone interview/screen with the HR/recruiter. I thought I did ok. I had another offer in my pocket, so I wasn't sweating it. She claimed they had a quick turnaround and will get back to me in a day, max 2. She didn't!
She sent an email saying the position had been filled from within (never would've guessed) but that they would have another similar position open in a few weeks. I'll pass.

Interview Question – Why this group?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in August 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager and a couple of her colleagues. Had a good interview but felt right from the start that I was not being seriously considered. Interviewers were all pretentious and couldn't wait to get out of there because I did not want the job any longer.

Interview Question – What question do you wish I had asked you which I haven't already?   View Answers (2)

Marketing Manager

I applied online and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – 1) Phone interview with internal AMEX recruiter. Simple and basic screening questions.
2) Phone interview with Director based in the US.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. It was conversational for both interviews.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in June 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly standard interview process. Phone screen with HR. Round 1 of in-person interviews consisted of three interviews, one of which was geared to assess cultural fit. Final round was with the hiring manager. All interviews were standard behavioral interviews, no case interviews. The first round happened on a Monday, final round was that Friday. Received an offer by the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

Interview Question – Top 3 strengths and top 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in October 2008.

Interview Details – American Express like asking behavioral questions in their interviews. They like hearing how you handle certain situations (mostly bad) and how you handle them.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were faced with adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.