American Express Marketing Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in November 2009.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
  • What are all the drivers for revenue for the charge card?   View Answer
None.

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Express in November 2011.

The bazaar interview question that I was asked was: "What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone?"

Interview Questions
    • Word for word: What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone??   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in December 2010.

I applied online through the site. After about 2weeks, I was contacted for an interview. I did my research, many alums from my school work at Amex, and I read that they promote heavily from within....which had me wondering why that wasn't the case for this role.
    In any case, they took awhile to get back to me after I applied. I had a phone interview/screen with the HR/recruiter. I thought I did ok. I had another offer in my pocket, so I wasn't sweating it. She claimed they had a quick turnaround and will get back to me in a day, max 2. She didn't!
    She sent an email saying the position had been filled from within (never would've guessed) but that they would have another similar position open in a few weeks. I'll pass.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Express in August 2008.

Met with the hiring manager and a couple of her colleagues. Had a good interview but felt right from the start that I was not being seriously considered. Interviewers were all pretentious and couldn't wait to get out of there because I did not want the job any longer.

Interview Questions
    • What question do you wish I had asked you which I haven't already?   View Answers (2)

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Express.

1) Phone interview with internal AMEX recruiter. Simple and basic screening questions.
    2) Phone interview with Director based in the US.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. It was conversational for both interviews.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in June 2010.

Fairly standard interview process. Phone screen with HR. Round 1 of in-person interviews consisted of three interviews, one of which was geared to assess cultural fit. Final round was with the hiring manager. All interviews were standard behavioral interviews, no case interviews. The first round happened on a Monday, final round was that Friday. Received an offer by the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in October 2008.

American Express like asking behavioral questions in their interviews. They like hearing how you handle certain situations (mostly bad) and how you handle them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were faced with adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!