American Express Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Director - Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I skipped through the initial phone screen because my resume was forwarded internally to the Hiring Manager (I had applied previously to another AMEX position). The first on-site was with the Hiring Manager and two other Marketing leaders. It was fairly laid back with not too many technical questions.

After that I was told that they'd like me to speak with two of the guys that I'd be managing (my direct reports for this role are remote). They mostly asked me about my experiences in the areas in which I'd be managing them.

Finally, they asked me to come in a final time to speak with the EVP.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing to keep up your skills in the industry?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen + 3 rounds of in-person interviews. The questions are not highly technical. As a marketing analyst, you do not necessarily need to know the intricacies of each channel. The most important qualities they are looking for are TEAM work, being able to work cross-functionally, ability to receive and give feedback, and communication. Cultural fit is the more likely determinant of whether you get an offer than actual job related experience.

Prepare for questions like, "tell me about a time you received poor feedback from your manager" or "tell me about a time you optimized a process", "why xyz department", "why xyz marketing", make sure you have a story and opinion crafted for standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to chat with the HR person on the phone. He asked a few typical interview questions as pre-screen. Then came in to the office and met with 4 different people on the team I would join.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had convince/influence a group of people, of which some were your superiors.   2 Answers

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was average. General questions we're asked. Questions related to previous job experience. As I was referred by an internal employee , thus was directly caled for personal interview and skipped initial levels like phone interview.

Unfortunatly, the position was cancelled thus no offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why should we hire you??   1 Answer

SummerProgram Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I apply through campus, first round is on campus interview, and second round is on-sit interview in Now York. The process is very friendly. More behavior questions. Technical questions is not that hard.

Campaign Execution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with three different people and each one was very kind and cared to have a real discussion. They each explained the role to me individually and I fully understood exactly what I would be doing. It's in my opinion that they hire social people with skills to match. It's definitely helpful to be friendly during the interview.

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter explained the job role and took me through the company culture and priorities. Asked me to take them through my work and my long term career goals.Also checked with me about my Visa status in the country

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three rounds of interview for this position: one with HR, one with hiring manager and one with a director from partner groups. Overall I felt the interview went well, but there was just no any response to my inquiry for 3 weeks. They should treat application better than that :(.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your self;
      2. Your most relevant experience;
      3. Tell me how we make money;

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1: Phone call with recruiter
    Discussed the position. Questioned if the job was suitable for my skill-set, especially with not having some requirements. I checked and was told I only needed familiarity with Java, not experience.

Step 2: Interview with your web cam (you talk to your computer with nobody on the other side).
    Answered text questions verbally. Nothing out of the ordinary. Some multiple choice and 'type your answer' questions.

Step 3: Assessment with person via web cam
    Was informed this step was not an interview, but a basic 60 question assessment in 45 minutes. No questions surrounding my experience was mentioned. Basic web questions with a shared coding screen.

Step 4: I didn't get to this point. No feedback was returned. I have been completely ignored by HR and would rate this as one of the worst interview experiences through my 10 years in a professional setting.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between adaptive and responsive?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I sent in online application. After 2 weeks I was sent an email for Web Cam interview. This was a bit uncomfortable for me but quickly got used to it. After interview was done and sent in I waited another 3 weeks. I finally saw email to say I was not chosen for job. They take a very long time to get back to you.