American Express

2.9

119 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Campaign Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express in August 2013.

I was first contacted via email by a client recruiter specialist from AllegisTalent2 who requested my availability for a phone screening to review my resume and application. Few days after the phone screening, I was contacted by phone to schedule an in-person interview. I had the interview with two marketing senior managers. Their questions were primarily behavioral and they put a lot of emphasis in the stressfulness of the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in July 2013.

First round was a phone screening, followed by a second round a week later with three managers. A week after that, was called in for an interview with the director. Questions were mostly behavioral, with some technical questions here and there. I was called later that day and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you work out a solution when there is a conflict with internal partners?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Express in July 2013.

Wired! They interviewed me for a position they already filled. I was asked by a recruiter to apply for a new business analyst role, after two months they suddenly made an appearance with a phone scree and a show onsite for the job which had been filled previous week. I am surprised at AMEX culture.

Chief of Staff Director Assistant Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express in June 2013.

long, cumbersome and tedious

was contacted by axp's RPO (vendor AllegisTalent2) recruiter for this position. he was incredibly professional, amiable, and courteous (every candidates and employer's skillset dream) but unfortunately with little to no influence on or control of the super annoying interviewing process.

* 1 tele-screen with him some exploratory dialogue and 3 behavioral competency questions
    * about a month later another tele-screen interview (they wanted me to come in, i did not yet have enough stake in the process to agree) with his superior and the account relationship manager (the liaison between the RPO and the amex recruiting function)
    * almost another month later a supposedly scheduled "on site" (i'm out of town m-th or fri for project work) and a total last minute solidified appointment reversal due to administrative scheduling ineptitude. profuse apologies but way too late as far as i was concerned. i was told the snafu would allow instead for a tele-screen the next day once the interviewer could be confirmed
    * that too was fouled up because i was given two times from which to choose 9 am and 4pm (two times i had earlier already conveyed that i was out of pocket). i flex'd to meet their needs, chose 4pm and awaited the confirmation
    * got a call at noon asking if it was still a good time to talk. i said the expectation that was set was 4pm, that no, i was not available because i was in the middle of eating lunch with others, . the caller sounded uber annoyed and said that the call would be rescheduled
    * finally the call ensued with his superior the next week (not sure why he was out of pocket, perhaps better off as far as i was concerned). needless to say i was so put off that i wasn't over focused on the interview content as by that point i was not taking the process (or job for that matter seriously) but i was still polished and professional
    * was told someone would be in touch with me in about 3-4 business days.
    * never heard back a single word, not even an auto-rejection from taleo, despsite at least 2 hours worth of personalized contact and follow up with my first recruiter

VEEEERRRRRYYYYYYY DISAPPOINTED MR FIRST RECRUITER, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when....adaptability, change, decision making, project mgt etc...   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at American Express in June 2013.

Several rounds of phone interviews, the process took a long time but speed up once internal HR was hounded. First caller was late to my call and lasted only 5 min. Second call consisted of a case. Last call, I was invited to HQ for a visit only later to have received a letter to not come.

Interview Questions
    • Business case was dependent on knowing industry jargon.   Answer Question

Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Had to come in for two days of interviews with several people on the IR team. However, they never followed up and I had to ask the recruiter the status of role and found out I was not selected. They need to do a better job following up with candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in May 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a high level phone interview. About a 15 minute conversation on what the role was, my background, salary requirements, etc.

About 10 days later the recruiter reached back out to set up an in-person interview with 2 managers. The first interviewer was 15 minutes late for our meeting and made it clear she was uninterested in speaking with me (looked at her watch, texted as I spoke, etc). Pretty unprofessional but I took it as ways to throw me off during the process.

My 2nd interview went well, very basic questions that were situational/behavioral based.

I waited a week to hear back and had to reach out to discover I wasn't a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, very run of the mill questions--

Tell me about yourself
      Why this role
      What interests you most about marketing
      3 Strengths/weaknesses
      What would your boss tell me about you if I asked

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express in May 2013.

A recruiter contacted me about the position scheduled a phone interview with AmEx manager within two days of conversation. The phone interview consisted of questions about my background and familiarity with American Express. After the phone interview concluded, I was contacted by the recruiter for an in person interview with two other marketing managers. I was questioned about my background, interest in American Express and previous marketing experience.

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in May 2013.

The hiring manager discussed my skill set, education and my transferable experience in the financial services industry, where the work I have done is of a similar nature.

Interview Questions
    • Coming a Retail brokerage background, what makes you think that your skill set and experience could be put to use in a Credit Card services company?   View Answer
    Previously agreed rate.

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Very organized process. The best way to get in is through a connection where they can link to you HR in the hiring group. HR then acts as an internal recruiter if he/she sees you as a fit and places you accordingly.

The process is very streamlined - phone interview with HR, then a few directors, and then with VP and SVP. They ask competency based questions in all rounds and will dig deep into specific examples. There was no presentation or IQ assessment.

AMEX also asks you to do a personality assessment for the role. Don't over think it and go with your gut. If you spend more than 10 seconds on the question, you're over doing it. They also do the usual drug check and will call your references