American Express Publishing

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.3

Senior Production Coordinator Interview

I was just job eliminated from Sport Illustrated For Kids Magazine and had the good luck of my former boss referring me to the American Express position that was about to be open at their Food & Wine and Travel & Leisure magazines.
    The interview or meeting went well the Production Director at Food & Wine gave me the job right there on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The Salary question -- Right off the bat the Production Director ask what was the salary range i was looking for !   View Answer
    I mention a high number ( a little more of what i was earning) and she obviously had a lower number and we kind of haggle towards meeting in the middle , which in reality it was a bit higher then what i was making in my old job , for exactly the same job position in the new company.

Junior Systems Administrator/SEO Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express Publishing in October 2012.

Had a recruiter contact me about this contract position. Did one phone interview with one of the programmers in which only technical questions were asked and I did not feel like I had the skills they were looking for. Received a request for an in-person interview a week or so later. Everyone in the office that walked by me while I was waiting said hello, good morning, etc and was extremely nice. Some people were dressed casually while some were not. Office was ok but after going to two different floors it was obvious they stick the tech department on a slightly less nice floor (old carpet, etc). My in-person was with the same programmer I spoke to on the phone who asked nearly the exact same questions, which again were all technical. There were no standard interview questions. No tell me about yourself questions. It seemed like the interviewer had very little experience conducting interviews. He seemed very awkward asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • "What type of environment do you like to work in?" Thought they were asking about whether or not I liked to work in a solo manner or with a team, that kind of thing, but instead was asking technically which programs and software did I like to use.   Answer Question

Consumer Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Express Publishing in May 2012.

Interviewed for the Online Marketing and Audience Development team. Three interviews on-site in an afternoon, pretty short for each one. Behavioral stuff for the most part, asked about strengths and weaknesses, the extent of my analysis training, what I knew about the brands and other questions along that vein. Last question asked in my last interview what other offers I had, what I was looking for in a job, etc. Got the call two days later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had data but had to convey it to a broader audience.   Answer Question
    Contracts were handled in a week, super straight-forward. Great HR people working to make the process easier.

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at American Express Publishing in May 2010.

Three interviews. Pretty quick process

Web Producer/PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Express Publishing in March 2009.

The process was long and confusing. Lack of clear communication between the recruiter, the hiring manager and the interviewer. They try to bring in someone with top quality skills and experience to do all the work but unwilling to give a fair compensation. The working environment seems to be ok. Just another typical cubical maze of corporate office spread among several floors.

Interview Questions
    • Please demonstrate how you control or manage a project base on the following scenario....please also write that out on the dry erase board.   Answer Question

Insurance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express Publishing in August 2011.

The interview was very simple at my time. My manager had taken my interview and his nature was very good. They ask me simple questions related to my background and my professional life. That was my best interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • about my professional life because i had done fashion designing that's why my manager asked me that why you want to do that commercial job   View Answer
    NO comments

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express Publishing in July 2008.

The first interview was an HR person. She liked my quantitative background. She asked me to describe my experience and what I wanted to do, She talked about the company adnd described the position.

The second interview was a phone interview with two managers, they asked me to give a chronological description of my resume. Then asked me questions about some of the projects I worked in.
    One question was to describe a time when I had a disagreement with a manager and how I handled it.
    Describe two things I have done that I am most proud about. They described the position in detail and asked about my managerial skills.