American Express Senior Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in October 2013.

Four step process. (1) An initial phone interview with the hiring leader, very informal, wanted to know my background, expertise, future endeavors, etc. (2) A two-part, in person interview at the office. I met with the hiring leader and another Sr. Manager. I was asked to discuss my education and work experience followed by a series of scenario based questions. The format was very relaxing and enjoyable. (3) I was contacted shortly after for a second, in person interview with the VP of the group. This included another set of scenario based questions and was much more formal. (4) After my interview with the VP, I was asked to complete a case study. Very heavy on data analysis and had to present my power point via phone to the hiring leader. Was contacted the next day offering me the position. A great, efficient experience. The company is renovating their offices to a new, more collaborative environment. Both of my interviews were held on these renovated floors.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were mostly scenario based. Questions required examples of what steps you completed in order to work through an analytical process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in June 2012.

4 Round.

a. HR - 2 rounds face to face & telephonic.

Will check your basic attitude, some basic questions regarding your personal, social and professional life. Will catch your over all personality & communication skills.

b. Supervisor / SME & hiring manager

situation based test to check your decisions making skills, proper test applied maths, excel, critical thinking, prioritization of issues, team skills and handling, understanding client metrics, SLAs, KROs and what not..but related with domain.

c.
    OPS Head with HR ..
    Will check your know how skills, attitude, past experience, expectations, will give you a brief.

d .
    Not an interview but more a welcome and salary expectations though door is there for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • HR 1st round.

You have a BPO back ground and this role is different as its not only about English or customer satisfaction but core knowledge about a domain.
      ***************************
      SME 2nd round

This lady supervisor said "impress me"
      *****************************
      OPS Manager 3rd round

1. How will you make that first impression with your colleague and supervisor that you are an asset.

2. What is your understanding about the top priority in this domain.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Express in May 2011.

It was good and on time. though 6 rounds of interview made it tough. Let me tell you one thing, if you get selected for a job you will find all rounds were very easy and its very easy to get selected in this company. But after you are hired, you will see for the same position they take interviews and reject many people even in last round and then you will realize that it wasn't that easy to be here.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on your behavioral expertise. You can never decide whats correct and whats wrong.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than I expected. I was very happy. Its been more than 2 years in this company and I am still happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at American Express in October 2012.

5 rounds of interview, it will take 5 hours or so

Interview Questions
    They do not entertain negotiation. This is what the HR told me when I asked her

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!