American Express

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Applied online and was contacted within 3 days. The interviewer was very professional and suggested a position that matched my experience and qualifications. I applied for the new position and a new interview was set up. Let's see how that goes.

Interview Questions
  • How many direct reports I had in a previous job and what were my responsibilities   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in June 2014.

Was given 6 comptency questions to anwer. Was told that if this position was not right for me, the director-who was interviewing me-would work with me to find a position that was suitable. This was a lie. I asked to take her up on her offer-no response.

Interview Questions
    • None-however-they asked two different questions regarding how do you develop your staff.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Express.

Very long interview process, it took 4 months. Found out later that there was no communication about candidates between interviews so I did not need to spend as much time coming up with new situations to share. 5 interiews, all over the phone. Very little communication as to where the status was in the hiring process. Was told that the position would be filled by June and still hadn't heard back by the beginning of June but got an offer that latter part of the month for the position to start in July.

Interview Questions
    • Virtual role training is not set up for external people very well within the Consumer Travel network. Very little support.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Very little information was given about the way that bonus structure would work and that is the same in role, no one really can communicate what the bonus structure looks like. Also, I was told during the interview process that the position was M-F and the hours were self-directed based on business needs. Once in role I had to work ngihts/weekends and had a set shift I was not allowed to deviate from, had to work additional hours before to make it a 10 hour day. Very little flexibility.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express in August 2010.

The hiring process was very detailed and very lengthy, First I interviewed over the phone, then I was went into the city and went thru a process of interviewing with a manager. Once that was completed I flew to another city and interviewed with a director. I was then called with an offer by another person. Very difficult process

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate an employee who has applied for the Team Leader position 2 times and has been declined? This employee will report to you?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

The whole interview process took one month. Went thru total 5 rounds of interview which included recuriter,HR, leader, trainer & Manager, HOD before i secured the position. Interviewer involved can be solo or in team.

Surprised that the process is fast even though it went thru many tiers of interview. Different from most of the companies which will only have 2-3 rounds of interview for a Team Leader position. However, i think the process is great as it help to identify the right candidate to be present to the final decision maker which is a norm for AMEX. Even the most junior position in the business unit needs to go thru 3 rounds before offered.

Interview Questions
    • This job required techinical skill and experience but i have most questions asked in personality and peoples managing. Real focus on leadership and only one listening skill test.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

1st stage Questions, 2nd stage presentation and competence based questions, 3rd stage interview with director, 4th stage personality and logical-mathematical test

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Express.

Two interviews. Both of them focused more on the people leadership traits. They presented different situations in front of me and asked me how would I react to those. Also some questions on Accounting.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. The only difficult part was a bit of counter questioning.   Answer Question