American Express Travel Research Apprentice Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Travel Research Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

I interviewed for an entry level Travel Research Apprentice positions with American Express. After successfully completing two phone screens with five people (which took over 3 months), I was invited to meet with a manager and a team leader at the New York headquarters. My excitement at the prospect of launching my career at AmEx quickly faded as the experience was awful. The man who interviewed me was clearly unprepared and his comments were contradictory. As I am a recent college graduate, he kept mentioning my lack of experience (for this entry level position) and at the same time he said the position had previously been filled by an intern. After the interview this manager said I would hear something within two weeks, but many more weeks passed without any follow-up with a hiring decision. It was only after I placed a call to the office that I received a decline e-mail. There was nothing constructive or respectful about this process and based on my experience I can’t believe their treatment of employees is any better.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was very poorly organized, and I was asked the same questions over and over again in the three interviews.   Answer Question