American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I was called by an recruitment agency and was given a date for a phone screening with one of their recruiters. Was not invited for a face to face interview. Very rude recruiter though.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about my CV. Straight forward quetions, however, seemed to be very bored by doing that and was rude when she had to repeat questions.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

online aptitude test- the usual mathematics tests
     telephone interview- really nice recruitment lady, very easy to speak to and she was very helpful throughout the whole process
    At the assessment center we were given a goody bag full of AmEx treats. 2 individual Interviews and a Group interview.

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Online application followed by online testing
    2. Telephone interview - competency based (30 mins)
    3. Assessment Centre - 2 interviews, case study + presentation, group exercise

It might look scary like this, but I have to add the most important - people are extremely positive and outgoing, trying to help you do your best and show your skills. A smile is the word that describes best American Express. Best culture, easy to approach people, extremely open and friendly. Best interview experience, great organisation (breakfast, lunch, chat with current placement year analysts)!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very disappointing, slow, uninformative. I spoke to a HR women for 20 minutes. Waited a month, kept chasing her. She then said she had more information about the role so I had another 10 minute interview where she asked 2 more very basic questions. Waited another few weeks, chased her. She said "Due to the role being previously placed on a hold process, we have had to reopen for further candidates to apply." She said I should hear in 2 more weeks. I didn't and I got another great job in that time. The whole process was a complete waste of time and the role obvious wasn't a real role. I was very disappointed in American Express for wasting my time.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

The recruitment team carry out initial telephone screening and arrange face to face interviews.
    The face to face interview over 4 hours with 6 different people was a farce & all over the place.
    The job was re- advertised before they had communicated to confirm I was unsuccessful, and I had to email them to ask the outcome!!!

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I have contacted by recruiting team, then interviewed by 3 Directors by phone. Final interview was face to face with Vice President and Executive Vice President. I had to fly to London, it was offered to me to do it by phone, but adviced to come personally

Interview Questions

• Questions about some real situations   1 Answer

Finance Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

CV/Cover Letter
    Online Assessments
    Telephone Interview - basic questions, who are AmEx? Why Finance? What do I know about UK involvement? AmEx products?

Assessment Day with a select number of candidates,
    It was a very enjoyable day of interviews and activities; we completed a case study and presented it, took part in a team-based task as well meeting the current interns.
    The interviews themselves were well structured and allowed a lot of questions back, creating a good dialogue between the interviewer and interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of a time you persuaded somebody to your way of thinking   Answer Question

Operations Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

Online Assessment (verbal, numerical) followed by telephone interview;
    Standard interview questions - why your degree, why amex, why that role, give a time you were ambitious, five words a previous manager would say about you, give an example of how you organised your time
    Successful candidates progress to an Assessment Centre (I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding this)

Interview Questions

• five words a previous manager would say about you   2 Answers

Finance Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Have to get past the online testing, submit cover letter etc. They I had a 30 minute telephone interview. The key here is to understand the role and exactly what the company does. When I received my feedback, that is what they say I didn't do very well. Overall, not a bad experience. Learnt a lot from the experience as it was my first telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• The norm, What do we do? Why AMEX? What will your day to day consist of? etc   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Painfully slow process, the Sourcing Partner in charge of the initial stages has no inclination to work whatsoever. It took him weeks to set up the first interview, which was a phone interview just with him! The Amex career website did not work for days so I could not access the updated job description. Instead I was sent a word document with highlighted edits all over it. Very unprofessional. When we finally got round to having the first interview, I was told at the end of it that it was refreshing to find a candidate with the right experience like me, as they had been unsuccessfully trying to recruit for months. He said the Hiring Manager was on annual leave for Christmas until early January and that they'd get back to me then. 8 weeks later, I am still waiting. I sent the Sourcing Partner a follow-up email that he ignored. All in all, an incredibly unprofessional and inefficient behaviour that has put me off from working at American Express for good.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions: why this job? Why American Express? What in you previous experience makes you think that you are a suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question