American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

Finance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

online aptitude test- the usual mathematics tests
     telephone interview- really nice recruitment lady, very easy to speak to and she was very helpful throughout the whole process
    At the assessment center we were given a goody bag full of AmEx treats. 2 individual Interviews and a Group interview.

Finance Analyst Interview

1. Online application followed by online testing
    2. Telephone interview - competency based (30 mins)
    3. Assessment Centre - 2 interviews, case study + presentation, group exercise

It might look scary like this, but I have to add the most important - people are extremely positive and outgoing, trying to help you do your best and show your skills. A smile is the word that describes best American Express. Best culture, easy to approach people, extremely open and friendly. Best interview experience, great organisation (breakfast, lunch, chat with current placement year analysts)!

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult client?   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

The recruitment team carry out initial telephone screening and arrange face to face interviews.
    The face to face interview over 4 hours with 6 different people was a farce & all over the place.
    The job was re- advertised before they had communicated to confirm I was unsuccessful, and I had to email them to ask the outcome!!!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express.

I have contacted by recruiting team, then interviewed by 3 Directors by phone. Final interview was face to face with Vice President and Executive Vice President. I had to fly to London, it was offered to me to do it by phone, but adviced to come personally

Finance Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

CV/Cover Letter
    Online Assessments
    Telephone Interview - basic questions, who are AmEx? Why Finance? What do I know about UK involvement? AmEx products?

Assessment Day with a select number of candidates,
    It was a very enjoyable day of interviews and activities; we completed a case study and presented it, took part in a team-based task as well meeting the current interns.
    The interviews themselves were well structured and allowed a lot of questions back, creating a good dialogue between the interviewer and interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me an example of a time you persuaded somebody to your way of thinking   Answer Question

Operations Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Online Assessment (verbal, numerical) followed by telephone interview;
    Standard interview questions - why your degree, why amex, why that role, give a time you were ambitious, five words a previous manager would say about you, give an example of how you organised your time
    Successful candidates progress to an Assessment Centre (I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding this)

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express in December 2014.

Have to get past the online testing, submit cover letter etc. They I had a 30 minute telephone interview. The key here is to understand the role and exactly what the company does. When I received my feedback, that is what they say I didn't do very well. Overall, not a bad experience. Learnt a lot from the experience as it was my first telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The norm, What do we do? Why AMEX? What will your day to day consist of? etc   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express in December 2014.

Painfully slow process, the Sourcing Partner in charge of the initial stages has no inclination to work whatsoever. It took him weeks to set up the first interview, which was a phone interview just with him! The Amex career website did not work for days so I could not access the updated job description. Instead I was sent a word document with highlighted edits all over it. Very unprofessional. When we finally got round to having the first interview, I was told at the end of it that it was refreshing to find a candidate with the right experience like me, as they had been unsuccessfully trying to recruit for months. He said the Hiring Manager was on annual leave for Christmas until early January and that they'd get back to me then. 8 weeks later, I am still waiting. I sent the Sourcing Partner a follow-up email that he ignored. All in all, an incredibly unprofessional and inefficient behaviour that has put me off from working at American Express for good.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions: why this job? Why American Express? What in you previous experience makes you think that you are a suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question

UK Campus_Technology_Graduate_Full Time Programme_2015 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Express in November 2014.

Initiated by an online application, then i got an online test invitation containing Numerical with about 3 minutes to answer one question, Personality test and Verbal reasoning with the same timing.
    After passing the test i got a call for scheduling the next stage of the recruitment process which is a phone interview.

Phone interview was quite simple basically questions about your motivation for Studying Computer Science, and why i am pursuing a career in this field. Why did i chose American Express, and some situational judgement questions like my experience Working in a group project. How was it , what was my role etc. And then my questions for him. Now i am waiting for the feedback on the outcome of my interview,

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express in August 2014.

The interview was quiet relaxed and not realy special. A few questions about my former positions and general questions about the CV, and 2 competency questions which are very common in UK.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you exeeded costumers experience   Answer Question
    no negotiation pre-set salarys