American Express

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Professional Interview

Customer Care Professional
Brighton, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in March 2014.

Interview Details – One Phone interview - A friendly chat to see if you understand the role that has been applied for and then a competencies based interview to see your customer care skills and understanding of putting customer first

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were wrong and how you rectified it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruitment programme. Application process required a cover letter and CV. First round had 2 interview which was mainly behavioural/fit questions. Second round was pretty much the same as the first round expect a lot of questions around motivation.

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I interviewed at American Express in April 2012.

Interview Details – Referral most important, got a call for face to face interview with two Managers. Was asked about AS, Company law, diff between reserve & provison. The interview went well. They interview multiple people at the same time and will call the best candidate. Keep an eye on walk ins

Interview Question – New Company's law   Answer Question

Director, Relationship Management Interview

Director, Relationship Management
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in May 2010.

Interview Details – Three rounds of face to face interviews with human resources and hiring leader, case study presentation

Interview Question – Dealing with an existing personnel issues   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details – Online application form, CV and Cover letter.
Completed online maths and verbal tests - not my strengths at all but very easy.
Didn't hear back for a while but received a call to schedule a telephone interview. Was supposed to be competency based but asked some random questions lasted around 15-20 mins.
Invited to attend assssment centre including competency and behavioural interviews, one hour to read a case study and prepare for a ten minute presentation and 15-20 mins of questions and an in-tray exercise to be discussed as a group.
VERY friendly and well organised, was impressed.

Interview Question – how would i encourage supermarkets to use amex cards   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Brighton, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

Interview Details – Application - three tests (verbal, numerical, SHL personality). Verbal test is a bit different from standard SHL or Kenexa questions. Telephone interview lasted about half an hour. Questions were related to my motivation: why Amex, why this position. No technical questions. Assessment Centre was a great and easy experience overall.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to study your degree? Describe Amex brand?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Graduate Program
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview followed by an assessment Center - 2 Interviews and Presentation Exercise, followed by a group exercise.

Interview Question – Group Exercise - List emails in priority of importance and time.   Answer Question

Analyst, Strategic Planning Group Interview

Analyst, Strategic Planning Group
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Express in November 2013.

Interview Details – Description for London. A very similar process to all other consulting jobs - submit your CV, take an online assessment. If you are successful, you have 2 interviews in the first round, 2 in the second round, and one as the final round. All have two parts - CV part and a case part. Very similar to the consulting top companies - McKinsey and such.

Interview Question – No very ugly questions. Be prepared to answer what other companies you are applying for and why you prefer American Express. I was asked in the second round by both interviewers these questions and they went after me. Know how to solve case studies, the ones given to me were not extremely difficult, but practice, practice, practice makes perfect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - their offer was generous for a starting salary, the graduate programme looked promising.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial application
Numerical, VErbal and personality SHL test
Application screening
Telephone interview
Assessment day
Offer

The assessment day is made up of 2 interview, a case study, group exercise and a presentation

Interview Question – How do you keep up with current affairs
Your degree has nothing to do with Marketing - why do you want to do this
How do you time manage
  Answer Question

Placement Interview

Placement
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

Interview Details – application, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – How have you implemented a change?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.