American Fidelity Assurance Company

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.6

Account Manager - Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Springfield, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

There were plenty of "processes" and interviews involved, along with an interview with the Education head. I was even told at one point I had the job, there were just "a few more people to sign off". After 2 months of driving back and forth (100+ miles one-way), taking vacation days from work and weeks of not hearing anything, I was told they were going with someone else.

I'm quite relieved - if that's how they treat a prospective employee (who was going to take a huge pay cut to join their ranks, no less), I have a feeling that some of the reviewers who worked there may have been spot on. Good luck to them, I hope they find success in this ever-changing marketplace.

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

One phone interview and then one on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions for a training specialist position.   Answer Question

Analyst, Group Underwriter II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

I applied online in August or September; got a phone call around Thanksgiving. This is a standard amount of time… be patient! Met with HR first. They told me as much as they could about the details and expectations for the position and the department. They asked what my career goals were and if I thought American Fidelity was a good fit for me. Received a second phone call within 3-4 days to interview with the position supervisor and a couple of co-workers. Received a third and final phone call to interview with the department manager. Received regular phone calls and emails from the HR rep to keep me updated on the status. She went above expectations as far as answering my questions and explaining certain processes and procedures. Ultimately I was hired right before Christmas.

Interview Questions

• I would be switching industries entirely if I were offered this position, so the toughest questions for me were questions directly involving duties and thought processes that would benefit the potential candidate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

American Fidelity reviews salaries on a regular basis (every couple of years… they call it benchmarking). They ask for your expected/desired salary, but ultimately they have a set range to offer. Depending on your level of education or experience, they may offer a higher salary than they would have normally.

American Fidelity Assurance Co Interview

Interview

The Interviewing process was very lengthily and many of them, I had 5 different interviews all with different people.
    The yearly Bonuses you receive, that is base on how the company performs. The work environment is getting very different, with from having an office to working on a table with 6 people at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why the users have the controls on what go on here with asking anybody from IT department.   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Cleveland, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit lengthy because they do some extensive research on their potential employees. We only work in schools, so they want to make sure they're bringing in high character people to represent the company. It started with a couple phone conversations with the state manager, followed by a face to face meeting. After that, there was some paperwork to fill out and a final interview with a regional manager, who offered the job. The whole process took about a month and a half.

PC Support, Field Automation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the VP of the IS department. I walked in to the office, being told I was going to interview with the VP of the IS department, I was a little nervous. As I walked in, I found that he was in jeans and a polo shirt. My first thought....I'm in the right place. I was told that my resume showed that I was a "perfect fit". Received a tour of the facility, showing where "you will work" and people "you will work with". Was given a dollar amount of starting salary on the first interview. The VP handed me his personal cell phone number and office contact info. Only to be ignored for the next 3 weeks until I finally received a thanks but no thanks email.....

Surely you could imagine my frustration?

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with MS SCCM?   1 Answer
    • What are your experiences with troubleshooting Windows hardware and software?   1 Answer

Acct Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Hartford, CT) in August 2010.

Interview

ridiculously long and complicated.

Interview Questions

• most difficult sale and how i handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

long and unnecessar

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Sales skills will be evaluated but any signs of aggressiveness will be frowned upon. You are interviewing for a consultative sales position, not a used car sales position. You need to sell while delivering the perception that it was the customer’s decision to buy 100%. Also, don’t be scared off by the initial salary. Your base plus initial (practically guaranteed) bonuses will be around $40k but you will be earning commission from the start and can reach $75k base plus minimum $75k bonuses (at quota which is not hard to hit) by just hitting your numbers. $150-$200k+ career salary is not an unreasonable expectation.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set base to start.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Aug 11, 2014Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to the American Fidelity family!

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2009.

Interview

I was finishing my undergraduate degree and they called me to fill an internship position. It wasn't a typical hiring process, but I did get a great impression of the way the company "does it". I interviewed with the HR department then with the Hiring Manager then with the entire team. They were all nice to me, and answered all of my questions. I was notified within two weeks by a card and box of cookies mailed to my house. That was pretty awesome!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There weren't any negotiations. They laid a sheet out in front of me and said "this is what you get." I said "okay". This is part of the company's culture as I've heard of other employees subjected to the "no haggle" approach to compensation.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company in June 2009.

Interview

Met at a hotel for 5 min. interview?? Not very impressive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A