American Fidelity Assurance Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back within 3 days. I spoke with a recruiter who was impressed by my resume and how familiar I was the company products and experience I had already pertaining to the job I applied for. The recruiter went into great detail what they were looking for and was very informational about all aspects of the culture of the company, the job and benefits (pay) etc. I was set up to interview with the hiring manager for the department that I would work for. The interviewer did not ask the basic interview questions. They wanted to know more about my work experience and how that would commiserate with the job I was seeking. I loved how the interview was done, we were both very engaged and it went well. This company is absolutely obsessed with "their culture" and it's for good reason. They have a lot to bring to your life as a perspective employer and they want to know that you are bringing just as much to the table. I was contacted two days after the first interview to come back in for the group interview with my potential teammates. The hiring manager made it very clear that their opinions were valued as much as anyone else's. During this interview, I got a better feel for the job and the company from the folks in the trenches. They were all down to earth and very informative as well. One of them went as far to say that you just want to get your foot in the door because once you're in, there is so much you can do after that point- the sky is the limit! I left that interview with a good feeling and wanting the position that much more because the picture being painted for me was a pretty one. The process for hiring alone made me feel good about the job that I was seeking. I got an email within 2 hours requesting that I submit a background check! That I would have to say was the most tedious part for me. I've never had any issues with a background check ever, and their background company could not find a lot of my info and I felt like I was doing the work for them. Over the next week, I had to dig up all kind of paperwork and send it off. Even though their background check felt a bit intrusive, I am still happy that I applied and got the job. Awesome experience overall and I would recommend that if you see an opening do as I was told, get your foot in the door! All in all the process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about 12 weeks training and how long has your other training been in the past?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

The process was lengthy or thorough. They seemed very concerned about not just hiring anyone. They have a culture that they want to maintain and they want to ensure that the individuals they hire will maintain that culture. Although a lengthy process, it made me feel as if I had already accomplished something by getting the job. It impressed me to know that everyone who I worked with had to go through a similar process of background check and review.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The interview process was definitely more lenthy than I have ever seen. After going through the process I understand why, you're sitting in a school each day around child and the company spends a few hundred thousand to train you in the first two years alone. It was a process that I would go through again to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How to handle the ability to adapt   1 Answer

Education Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Grand Junction, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and put in touch with corporate HR person. Phone interview with HR person which led to phone interview with Regional Manager. Scheduled for in-person interview with another Regional Manager @ a Starbucks coffee house which was re-located to a hotel restaurant day of interview. On line personality test and redundant job application immediately prior to interview. Interviewer was very soft spoken and background noise of restaurant personnel preparing for dinner made it difficult to communicate. A television was on and just beside interviewer's head (in booth) and very distracting. This company gets around the age discrimination problem by requiring your birthdate on application for purpose of background check. My interviewer had approximately 20 years less business experience than I. Three different interviewers gave me three different answers to my question: Why is this position vacant?

Interview Questions

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Jun 16, 2015 – Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process! To clarify our hiring process, our interview process can take up to four weeks for our top candidates. It begins locally with the State Manager ... More

Account Manager - Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Springfield, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

There were plenty of "processes" and interviews involved, along with an interview with the Education head. I was even told at one point I had the job, there were just "a few more people to sign off". After 2 months of driving back and forth (100+ miles one-way), taking vacation days from work and weeks of not hearing anything, I was told they were going with someone else. I'm quite relieved - if that's how they treat a prospective employee (who was going to take a huge pay cut to join their ranks, no less), I have a feeling that some of the reviewers who worked there may have been spot on. Good luck to them, I hope they find success in this ever-changing marketplace.

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

One phone interview and then one on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions for a training specialist position.   Answer Question

Analyst, Group Underwriter II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

I applied online in August or September; got a phone call around Thanksgiving. This is a standard amount of time… be patient! Met with HR first. They told me as much as they could about the details and expectations for the position and the department. They asked what my career goals were and if I thought American Fidelity was a good fit for me. Received a second phone call within 3-4 days to interview with the position supervisor and a couple of co-workers. Received a third and final phone call to interview with the department manager. Received regular phone calls and emails from the HR rep to keep me updated on the status. She went above expectations as far as answering my questions and explaining certain processes and procedures. Ultimately I was hired right before Christmas.

Interview Questions

• I would be switching industries entirely if I were offered this position, so the toughest questions for me were questions directly involving duties and thought processes that would benefit the potential candidate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

American Fidelity reviews salaries on a regular basis (every couple of years… they call it benchmarking). They ask for your expected/desired salary, but ultimately they have a set range to offer. Depending on your level of education or experience, they may offer a higher salary than they would have normally.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Columbus, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy and intense but managers kept it relaxing and even fun. I heard they asked other people on the second interview to come prepared to "sell" something, but I did not have to do that. They are very picky and only hire after a long process but it's well worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• Can you relate to people quickly?   1 Answer

American Fidelity Assurance Co Interview

Interview

The Interviewing process was very lengthily and many of them, I had 5 different interviews all with different people. The yearly Bonuses you receive, that is base on how the company performs. The work environment is getting very different, with from having an office to working on a table with 6 people at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why the users have the controls on what go on here with asking anybody from IT department.   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Champaign, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

3 interviews total- 1 initial; 2nd full sit down; and 3rd ride along They were very upfront about all the expectations of the job, proud of the company they worked for and wanted to make sure they reflect AFA in a good light.

Interview Questions

• standard interview sales questions   1 Answer