American Food & Vending Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

1.5

Cook Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview I went in and filed out another application with my resume and interview with the gm and then a couple days later was asked to take a drug test. When results came back I was hired on.

Route Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Food & Vending in February 2012.

I had seen their hiring in ad continuously in the paper over the years. I e-mailed them my resume. I received a phone call a couple of weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I went in dressed in a suit an tie. I met with two of the supervisors who gave me provided me with information about the position, took me on a tour of the facility, and asked me most of the standard hiring questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was "Why do you want to work here?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation on anything.

Associate General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Food & Vending in June 2013.

Was called almost immediately for an interview, and scheduled it within a week. First interview was very informal and thus I thought I totally bombed it. The interviewer did not care AT ALL about my current job, nor anything else about my skills. I was asked a few uncomfortable personal questions which, while I think they were harmless in intent, still did not sit well with me. I was told it would take 2 weeks for them to finish the first round of interviews and they would call me back. I got a call about a week later to come back for a lunch meeting... with the same guy. Odd - usually you get to meet other people in the company the second time around. Well, they did spring another lunch guest on me at the last minute, which of course was no problem. The whole second interview was a formality because they offered me the job right on the spot. The whole process was unlike any other that I've experience for law jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there were none. The focused alot on practical things like hours, pay, and commute.   Answer Question

I declined because the pay and benefits did not match up with the job, in my opinion. Granted, at the time I was not unemployed or otherwise desperate for a job. I have a job that I tolerate and that has better benefits and pay that I can stand for the amount of work I do and stress I have to tolerate. I also did not feel that the higher ups felt that the position was very important, even though it entails handling ALL of the company's legal matters. Lots of stress for little reward - and you don't even get your own office. I also just felt like the place was shady in general and thought little of employees - lots of talking down about food service workers and truck drivers.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Food & Vending

Worked for American Food & Vending? Contribute to the Community!