American Food & Vending

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cook Interview

Interviewed at American Food & Vending

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for an interview I went in and filed out another application with my resume and interview with the gm and then a couple days later was asked to take a drug test. When results came back I was hired on.

Interview Question – Open ended question past experiences   Answer Question

Route Driver Interview

Liverpool, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Food & Vending in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had seen their hiring in ad continuously in the paper over the years. I e-mailed them my resume. I received a phone call a couple of weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I went in dressed in a suit an tie. I met with two of the supervisors who gave me provided me with information about the position, took me on a tour of the facility, and asked me most of the standard hiring questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was "Why do you want to work here?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on anything.

Very Easy Interview

Associate General Counsel Interview

Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Food & Vending in June 2013.

Interview Details – Was called almost immediately for an interview, and scheduled it within a week. First interview was very informal and thus I thought I totally bombed it. The interviewer did not care AT ALL about my current job, nor anything else about my skills. I was asked a few uncomfortable personal questions which, while I think they were harmless in intent, still did not sit well with me. I was told it would take 2 weeks for them to finish the first round of interviews and they would call me back. I got a call about a week later to come back for a lunch meeting... with the same guy. Odd - usually you get to meet other people in the company the second time around. Well, they did spring another lunch guest on me at the last minute, which of course was no problem. The whole second interview was a formality because they offered me the job right on the spot. The whole process was unlike any other that I've experience for law jobs.

Interview Question – Honestly, there were none. The focused alot on practical things like hours, pay, and commute.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because the pay and benefits did not match up with the job, in my opinion. Granted, at the time I was not unemployed or otherwise desperate for a job. I have a job that I tolerate and that has better benefits and pay that I can stand for the amount of work I do and stress I have to tolerate. I also did not feel that the higher ups felt that the position was very important, even though it entails handling ALL of the company's legal matters. Lots of stress for little reward - and you don't even get your own office. I also just felt like the place was shady in general and thought little of employees - lots of talking down about food service workers and truck drivers.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Food & Vending? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Food & Vending interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Food & Vending employees and interview candidates.