American Friends Service Committee

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Peace Intern Interview

Peace Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at American Friends Service Committee in June 2010.

Interview Details – I sent a cover letter and resume by email. They replied and we set up an interview time via email. At the interview, I waited in the chapel area of the church with other applicants, and was given religious materials to read. In the interview, I talked to two people from the organization (president of the chapter and his assistant), who asked questions about my resume and my life philosophies. They did not give any indication whether they liked me or not, but said they would call.

Interview Question – Tell me about your life philosophy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job posting said the position would be traveling to local college campuses, talking about intercultural peace and conflict resolution to political science clubs. However, in the interview, they revealed those discussions would need to showcase their religion as the solution to conflict. I was not comfortable with that.

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at American Friends Service Committee in June 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted program director directly and setup an interview

Interview Question – How do you relate to the organization's mission?   Answer Question

Worked for American Friends Service Committee? Contribute to the Community!