American Funds

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Carmel, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Funds in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very lengthy and in depth process. You will start out with with basic get to know phone interview in which they will tell u more about role, then you'll be called in to on site interview. The on site interview will consists of 2 interviews, a tour, and a demonstration a of how our system works. You are not being evaluated during tour or job demonstration unless you show some very strange behavior. Lastly, you will go through reference checking. They are very in depth on this- so don't try to hide or enhance anything in resume. Finally, you will be offered job.

Interview Question – How do you stay up to date on systems   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Funds.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very involved. Screening interview followed by 3-4 in person interviews with various business leaders. Reference check was very extensive, each reference described their calls as if they were trying to be hired for the role. Background check performed, but no drug test which I found odd with the sensitivity and risk involved in financial services.

Interview Question – The questions were very behavior/scenario based. Preparation with exact examples is important to illustrate thought process and decision making quality.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Funds in May 2009.

Interview Details – Lengthy and in depth...dot your "I's" and cross your "T's"

Negotiation Details – n/a

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Funds.

Interview Details – Received a call 2 days later for a phone interview. Then two weeks later had an interview at the office in Irvine.

Interview Question – Mostly behavior questions. Tell me about a time you received feedback and what did you do?....tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Funds in December 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, and was contacted by HR the next day. On that initial contact, HR did a phone interview right away and then scheduled me for a 1:1 interview.

The 1:1, consisted of a in person interview with a HR employee, then a hiring manager that asked additional questions. The two interviews happen in the same day, and I was there for about 3 hours because there was a group of other people interviewing.

Two questions asked were...

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Name a time that you provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It's a call center

Internal Wholesaler Interview

San Antonio, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Funds in July 2011.

Interview Details – The first point of contact is via phone to discuss your resume and what you are looking for in the position. If you have met their requirement a face to face interview will be granted. On this process they will interview you with a group/panel and go more in depth with your resume and ask you more question. After the second interview, if you met their needs, they will contact you for a phone interview. In this Interview, they will ask you question to determine if you could fit in with their corporation.

Interview Question – What area do you think you have a weakness?   Answer Question

Shareholder Service Representative Interview

Shareholder Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Funds in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview started with a phone screen and then moved to an on-site interview with two managers. The questions were behavior based questions and fairly in-depth. It is a good idea to have researched the company and have some understanding of their "core values". The people who are chosen to interview candidates are very protective of the company. They are looking for candidates with the ability to believe what is good for the company is good for them.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to go beyond what was expected of you. How did you respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is not really a position that you feel you can negotiate on salary. The salary range is pretty set.

Shareholder Account Representative Interview

Shareholder Account Representative
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Funds in April 2008.

Interview Details – This is about a 3 month process...The interview process consist of an intensive phone interview followed by an in office interview. You may be first interviewed by the HR personnel. This interview is very intensive. A half day process. You may also be interviewed by one of the team managers on the floor. You will be given a math test, typing skills test, and grammar test among a few. You are may be required to disclose former job performance ratings, previous pay, credit and back ground information, tax statements and references. The recruiter is in constant contact to be sure all requirements are met. There is a finger printing process. The job offer is a pleasant experience it includes salary, benefits..be advised the salary quote does include any bonus money and benefits.

Interview Question – All of the question were general interview questions.   Answer Question

Shareholder Services Support Associate Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Funds in October 2007.

Interview Details – I had an unusual interview process. I was called for a phone interview that lasted roughly half an hour. I was then called back to come in and interview with HR. I took the morning off work to come in for the interview. I ended up being there for about 6 hours and interviewing with 4 different people.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Shareholder Account Representative Interview

Shareholder Account Representative

Interviewed at American Funds

Interview Details – First I sent in a resume in response to an ad, I had a telephone interview that lasted about 30 minutes, this was about 4 years ago, so the details are fuzzy. Then I was invited in for an interview, completed an application and did some testing. I met with someone from HR for the 1st interview, then had 2 department interviews.

Interview Question – Time I made a mistake but it gave me a good learning experience.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Funds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Funds interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Funds employees and interview candidates.