American Furniture Warehouse Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Furniture Warehouse

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in July 2015.

Interview

Students do not apply, not welcomed there *Do NOT apply if you have anything else going on* I received a call to come in for an interview the following day at the given time, and that was that. I went in for my interview and the person I had spoken too was late, she was an extremely nice individual though. I went to meet with a manager and after a few minutes we began the interview. I had to wait longer for the interview than it lasted. I am taking college classes twice a week early in the morning, which I told them. I am available every other hour besides that, including weekends, evenings, holidays, all the busy times. The manager did not even let me finish by the time she started lecturing about how her store is open 7 days a week from 10 to 10 and only closes 3 days a year and that they do not have time to have someone pick their schedule. She snapped at the other girl for not asking me about my availability. Again, let me remind I only have classes a couple hours a week, and I'm working in retail as a store manager in a mall, and am well aware of work hours.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Englewood, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I saw a posting on their Facebook page that they were hiring with a link back to their careers page. I applied using their online application system, which was very easy to use. Spoke with Shannon in HR on the phone and came in for an in person interview with 3 people. HR Staff is very helpful in completing the process and provides timely communications.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite social media channel for business?   Answer Question

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Process was long and once I was hired they could not agree on a date for starting. Drove a lot to train and a lot of wasted time. The process seemed very disorganized and sloppy.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation everyone gets paid the same.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Tell you to be on time but make you wait 45 min. Manager glares the entire interview. Un professional when it comes to getting back to you afterwards. Boldly tells you that you are competing with hundreds of other applicants.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Managers sit you down for a quick interview, if you seem nice, it will be a brief interview. You will meet with at least two different managers. Key to getting this job is passing the drug test. Zero tolerance for a positive drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you lazy? Can you work until 10? Are you ok working weekends?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Grand Junction, Mesa, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a complete mess they kept on telling me to come in for the interveiw and then changing the dates and time and then they would some times not call. then when I got hired they kept on change there minds on when they wanted me to start.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Westminster, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

Filled out application. Was contacted by management. Interviewed with the store manager. He asked me about my 2 years of sales experience and he asked if I had ever worked with furniture before. My sales experience was with a no-haggle car dealership and I had never worked with furniture before. Both, he said, were good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is non-negotiable.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Westminster, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

I was asked 3 questions. Have you worked in sales before? Have you worked in furniture before? When can you start? That's it. They want people with sales experience. They are hesitant to hire people from other furniture companies. You need a flexible schedule too. Be prepared to work long retail hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. It's a take it or leave it situation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Thornton, CO) in April 2010.

Interview

My initial interview experience was very straight forward. Within a week or two of submitting an application with my resume, I recieved a call to schedule an interview. This consisted of a 1 on 1 interview with a Sales Manager. I was offered the job on the spot, but I requested 48 hours to consult with my wife before accepting the offer. After accepting the offer I was asked to return to the office to fill out additional paperwork and complete a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have been faced with at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Pueblo, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

I submitted an application when the company advertised that they were looking to hire a warehouse person in the local newspaper. 2 days after I submitted the application, I was called in to talk about what the job entailed with the store manager. The interview was very informal. The interviewer didn't ask very many questions, but instead told me what the duties and hours were and how much I would be paid. I received no job offer.