American Furniture Warehouse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Westminster, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked 3 questions.

Have you worked in sales before?
Have you worked in furniture before?
When can you start?

That's it. They want people with sales experience. They are hesitant to hire people from other furniture companies. You need a flexible schedule too. Be prepared to work long retail hours.

Interview Question – None it was a brain dead interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all. It's a take it or leave it situation.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a complete mess they kept on telling me to come in for the interveiw and then changing the dates and time and then they would some times not call. then when I got hired they kept on change there minds on when they wanted me to start.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Westminster, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in August 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out application. Was contacted by management. Interviewed with the store manager. He asked me about my 2 years of sales experience and he asked if I had ever worked with furniture before. My sales experience was with a no-haggle car dealership and I had never worked with furniture before. Both, he said, were good.

Interview Question – Resume counts more than anything they may ask you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is non-negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Thornton, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in April 2010.

Interview Details – My initial interview experience was very straight forward. Within a week or two of submitting an application with my resume, I recieved a call to schedule an interview. This consisted of a 1 on 1 interview with a Sales Manager. I was offered the job on the spot, but I requested 48 hours to consult with my wife before accepting the offer. After accepting the offer I was asked to return to the office to fill out additional paperwork and complete a drug test.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you have been faced with at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Pueblo, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in June 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted an application when the company advertised that they were looking to hire a warehouse person in the local newspaper. 2 days after I submitted the application, I was called in to talk about what the job entailed with the store manager. The interview was very informal. The interviewer didn't ask very many questions, but instead told me what the duties and hours were and how much I would be paid. I received no job offer.

Interview Question – How much experience do you have operating a forklift?   Answer Question

Worked for American Furniture Warehouse? Contribute to the Community!