American Furniture Warehouse Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Furniture Warehouse

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in October 2011.

It was a complete mess they kept on telling me to come in for the interveiw and then changing the dates and time and then they would some times not call. then when I got hired they kept on change there minds on when they wanted me to start.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in August 2011.

I was asked 3 questions.

Have you worked in sales before?
    Have you worked in furniture before?
    When can you start?

That's it. They want people with sales experience. They are hesitant to hire people from other furniture companies. You need a flexible schedule too. Be prepared to work long retail hours.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations at all. It's a take it or leave it situation.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in August 2011.

Filled out application. Was contacted by management. Interviewed with the store manager. He asked me about my 2 years of sales experience and he asked if I had ever worked with furniture before. My sales experience was with a no-haggle car dealership and I had never worked with furniture before. Both, he said, were good.

Interview Questions
    The pay is non-negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in April 2010.

My initial interview experience was very straight forward. Within a week or two of submitting an application with my resume, I recieved a call to schedule an interview. This consisted of a 1 on 1 interview with a Sales Manager. I was offered the job on the spot, but I requested 48 hours to consult with my wife before accepting the offer. After accepting the offer I was asked to return to the office to fill out additional paperwork and complete a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have been faced with at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in June 2009.

I submitted an application when the company advertised that they were looking to hire a warehouse person in the local newspaper. 2 days after I submitted the application, I was called in to talk about what the job entailed with the store manager. The interview was very informal. The interviewer didn't ask very many questions, but instead told me what the duties and hours were and how much I would be paid. I received no job offer.