American General Finance

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Beckley, WV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American General Finance in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was straight forward. They just wanted to see how much you knew about the company, and what your background is in sales. They also ask how you deal with a lot of common situations that apply to the job.

Interview Question – Tell me one strength and one weakness you have   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After the training period you have to move to another branch, that was going to be far away from where I lived at the time.

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American General Finance in August 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, recieved an e-mail to call for a phone interview, recieved another e-mail to have another phone interview

Interview Questions

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American General Finance in December 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted an app online. I received a call back from HR specialist- scheduled a phone interview- approx 30 min. Then scheduled another phone interview approx 1 hour. After this there is a face to face with the Branch Manager then an interview with the District manager. Must have a clear credit report. All things must be paid. I had a fraudulent charge on my credit report that I was not aware of. Do to this they rescinded their offer. I challenged and sent a letter stating that this was not my account. I was cleared but by this time position was filled.

Interview Question – Same behavioral questions asked in phone interview and face to face- read verbatim   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American General Finance

Worked for American General Finance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American General Finance Branch Manager Trainee interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by American General Finance employees and interview candidates.