American General Finance

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Walterboro, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American General Finance in January 2012.

Interview Details – I met with the district manager and he basically gave me the job on the spot. I had to drive an hour to the interview. The interview was in another office than the one that I would work in.

Interview Question – None really just be truthful and answer to the best of your ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was not really any negotiating he asked me what I wanted I told him he said no and then told me what I was going to get.

Nixa, MO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at American General Finance in October 2007.

Interview Details – You must first put in an application. From there the branch Manager calls and goes over a short questionaire if he deams your application/resume acceptable for the position. If you answer the questions properly you will be interviewed with the Branch Manager. If the Branch Manager likes you, you have to interview with the District Manager.

Interview Question – This is a sales position. Sell yourself to me.   Answer Question

Financial Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American General Finance in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with branch manager and then district manager

Interview Question – Start off with regular interview questions (strengths and weaknesses)   View Answer

Financial Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American General Finance in January 2009.

Interview Details – First, you must complete a general application along with submitting your resume with it. After the manager reviews the information and has an open position that he/she thinks you may qualify for and be a good asset to the company in the position applied for, then you will receive a phone call. A prescreen will take place at your first interview. This will consist of the discussion of your resume and application. After the prescreen is the first interview with the branch manager. This interview asks questions based on how you reacted to certain situations in your previous employment. The overall objective to the questions are to get a feel of certain key traits needed for the position, for example, Organizational Skills and Sales Skills. This inital interview will take approximately 30 minutes. After this interview and the branch manager thinks you performed well and had excellent qualities for the position, the branch manager will contact the district manager with the results of the first interview and will set up a time for the district manager interview. This interview will be the final, but most important interview. At the district manager interview, he/she will ask similar questions that were on the first interview, but may involve more conversation or explaination on certain concerns or positive aspects. At the end of the final interview, you will be askes to "sell yourself" to the company and tell he/she why you should be hired over all the other applicants. If this interview is completed successfully and the district manager approves of your interview performance and qualifications, you will receive a call within one week with details on how to move forward with pre-employment processes and background checks.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over all the other applicants who have similar qualifications and experiences as yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is non-negotiable to newly introduced employees to the personal financing industry. Prior experience may leave room for negotiation. The district manager is the only authoritative official who can approve negotiations.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American General Finance

Worked for American General Finance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American General Finance Financial Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by American General Finance employees and interview candidates.