American General Finance

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American General Finance in June 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were faced with an ethical question and describe how you were able to negotiate that particular event,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some salary negotiation.

Branch Management Trainee Interview

Branch Management Trainee

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American General Finance in April 2010.

Interview Details – submitted my resume through school career site, got a call the next day to set up an interview with the branch manager. The interview was very easy, very straight-forward lasted about 45minutes. The manager took awhile to get the interview started, only 2 people in the office. I feel as if the interview was just conducted and they already had a person in mind, because at the end of the interview he mentioned to call next week if I was still interested, I did, told me has not decided, call back a week later and he replies, we are already hiring someone as we speak, not very professional.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you showed adversity..   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American General Finance in December 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted an app online. I received a call back from HR specialist- scheduled a phone interview- approx 30 min. Then scheduled another phone interview approx 1 hour. After this there is a face to face with the Branch Manager then an interview with the District manager. Must have a clear credit report. All things must be paid. I had a fraudulent charge on my credit report that I was not aware of. Do to this they rescinded their offer. I challenged and sent a letter stating that this was not my account. I was cleared but by this time position was filled.

Interview Question – Same behavioral questions asked in phone interview and face to face- read verbatim   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at American General Finance in May 2008.

Interview Details – First you get a phone interview--typically done with a branch manager trainee or could be the branch manager him/herself. Then, they may contact your current employer or a former employer and/or reference to get a better background on the applicant. After the phone interview, you get called in for a one-on-one interview. Mine was done with the branch manager and the asst. branch manager. Interview was pretty light--outlined most of the questions commonly heard in interviews, nothing too extensive. Asked if you have sales experience, because that is a plus.

Interview Question – Do you have any sales experience or experience handling cash drawer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American General Finance in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with branch manager and then district manager

Interview Question – Start off with regular interview questions (strengths and weaknesses)   View Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American General Finance in January 2009.

Interview Details – First, you must complete a general application along with submitting your resume with it. After the manager reviews the information and has an open position that he/she thinks you may qualify for and be a good asset to the company in the position applied for, then you will receive a phone call. A prescreen will take place at your first interview. This will consist of the discussion of your resume and application. After the prescreen is the first interview with the branch manager. This interview asks questions based on how you reacted to certain situations in your previous employment. The overall objective to the questions are to get a feel of certain key traits needed for the position, for example, Organizational Skills and Sales Skills. This inital interview will take approximately 30 minutes. After this interview and the branch manager thinks you performed well and had excellent qualities for the position, the branch manager will contact the district manager with the results of the first interview and will set up a time for the district manager interview. This interview will be the final, but most important interview. At the district manager interview, he/she will ask similar questions that were on the first interview, but may involve more conversation or explaination on certain concerns or positive aspects. At the end of the final interview, you will be askes to "sell yourself" to the company and tell he/she why you should be hired over all the other applicants. If this interview is completed successfully and the district manager approves of your interview performance and qualifications, you will receive a call within one week with details on how to move forward with pre-employment processes and background checks.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over all the other applicants who have similar qualifications and experiences as yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is non-negotiable to newly introduced employees to the personal financing industry. Prior experience may leave room for negotiation. The district manager is the only authoritative official who can approve negotiations.