American Girl Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at American Girl in January 2014.

Not a great experience at all! Received an initial interview on the phone earlier in the week and was told to come into an interview at the end of the week (Saturday) knew they were having a job fair and asked if i could come the first day but was told no. Finally Saturday arrived and i get to my interview, had to fill out another application and do the in person interview only to be told that they had already filled their positions and were no longer looking. Why was I given an interview later then other people when you had the intentions of filling the positions before even seeing me? The lady that interviewed me was very nice but the whole time I was sitting there, I was upset. Don't find that professional at all! Not a good experience at all.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be okay with applying for other positions?   View Answer

Sales Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Girl in September 2014.

I applied for the new Honolulu store through the Mattel website. I got a call back 2 business days later and was asked to come to an open interview session. I showed up at their temporary business office since the physical store isn't ready yet, and there were about 5 other women filling out applications. Even though they had my resume, I still had to fill out a long paper application. The future Honolulu store manager did most of the interviews. Really, she didn't ask me too many questions. She looked at my resume, confirmed my experience, asked about my goals, and then we talked story about the company. She liked my cheerful personality and genuine interest in working with children, and I was hired on the spot an filled out new hire paperwork right away.

I did not negotiate.

Hostess Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Girl.

Interview process was simple, got hired on the spot. All you have to do is appear outgoing and eager and they will like you. And you also have to show that you have a lot of confidence.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Girl.

there was a group interview. i was asked why i wanted to work at a place like american girl and my availability. it was pretty easy i thought it was gonna be much harder to be honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Girl in May 2013.

I started in retail and was bored and got no raise had to wait a long times to advice to other job in bitro to get a rase my girls axed me and I always love dolls. I hope to get good discounts.

Interview Questions
    • to axe cutomers questions and have to call on phone for appointments. I dont like to talk on phone would prather tex   Answer Question
    It took a long time to get to the resturant from retail

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Girl in March 2014.

Needed to apply both online and in the store on paper. Recieved a call for a scheduled interview, had an interview outside of the store but inside the mall. The interview was a one on one with my manager and was asked around 10-15 questions. Next day got a call, was hired and got scheduled in to do paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst part of your last job, why, and how would you deal or change it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Girl in May 2014.

Took about 5 days from me applying online to getting a job offer! I loved that it was so quick. The interview and interviewer were very nice, questions were very easy ex. "How do you deal with difficult customers?" and "Tell me about a time when you excelled at customer service". The interview was maybe 10 minutes, and she offered me the job right after. I stayed for about an hour doing paperwork and touring. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • "What skill have you have had to learn in the workplace, how did you do so?"   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Girl in May 2013.

Interviewed by two people, The LPM and HR Manager. Its very simple and if you don't act crazy and know basic LP knowledge you should be ok. If you have any sort of arrest or something might come up in your background check, now would be the time to talk about it. Say your side of the story first. They also give you a credit check.

Interview Questions
    I needed a flexible schedule because I was a full-time student. They gave it to me no problem.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Girl in September 2013.

The sign out front said that they were hiring, you had to pick a "division" to apply for before knowing exact differences between positions. Before meeting with someone in HR you had to fill out an extremely lengthy and detailed questionaire as well as fill out the application on site in the lobby.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to go through 2 months of training without missing a day?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

It was a quick one on one interview with basic customer service questions and how you have or would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Girl? Contribute to the Community!