American Golf Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Golf

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Golf.

Interview

Recruiter called me at 8pm EST and arranged a phone interview the next morning. Made changes in my schedule to accommodate for the appointment but never received the call. Recruiter called again to reschedule the interview. When the interview finally did take place, the questions were so routine and redundant - I felt like the recruiter didn't even have the opportunity to learn anything about my work style or experience, only my ability to come up with bullsh-- questions on a whim. Two weeks of talking to my recruiter's voicemail went by before I took it upon myself to call the club directly and set up an interview myself. Meeting with the club GM went well enough, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Generic "leadership" and "explain a difficult situation" kind of questions, clearly being read from a manual or telepromter.   Answer Question

I was made a much better offer by a highly reputable firm in the city. By the time American Golf's offer came in, it was not only a lowball deal but it was weeks later.

Golf Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Golf (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Pathetic, seemed they just wanted warm bodies.

Interview Questions

• How long do I plan to stay with American Golf   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Told this is what my pay would be and I would keep my lesson fees.

Pro Shop Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Golf (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Very easy. I sat down with the assistant GM for maybe 20 minutes to talk about my experience why I felt I'd be a good fit. Very easy.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Golf in January 2010.

Interview

Apply for the job and pester the RD or Vice President who is hiring. If you have the qualifications you will get a call.
    Be prepared to work 6 days a week and all holidays. I mean all holidays.

Interview Questions

• How you will improve a low quality run down golf course with no money in the budget for marketing or advertising?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary. This is what we will pay, if you don't like it go somewhere else.