American Golf

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Golf in January 2010.

Interview Details – Apply for the job and pester the RD or Vice President who is hiring. If you have the qualifications you will get a call.
Be prepared to work 6 days a week and all holidays. I mean all holidays.

Interview Question – How you will improve a low quality run down golf course with no money in the budget for marketing or advertising?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of salary. This is what we will pay, if you don't like it go somewhere else.

Very Easy Interview

Pro Shop Attendant Interview

Pro Shop Attendant
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Golf in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy. I sat down with the assistant GM for maybe 20 minutes to talk about my experience why I felt I'd be a good fit. Very easy.

Interview Question – I do not remember   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Event Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Golf.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me at 8pm EST and arranged a phone interview the next morning. Made changes in my schedule to accommodate for the appointment but never received the call. Recruiter called again to reschedule the interview. When the interview finally did take place, the questions were so routine and redundant - I felt like the recruiter didn't even have the opportunity to learn anything about my work style or experience, only my ability to come up with bullsh-- questions on a whim. Two weeks of talking to my recruiter's voicemail went by before I took it upon myself to call the club directly and set up an interview myself. Meeting with the club GM went well enough, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Generic "leadership" and "explain a difficult situation" kind of questions, clearly being read from a manual or telepromter.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was made a much better offer by a highly reputable firm in the city. By the time American Golf's offer came in, it was not only a lowball deal but it was weeks later.

Golf Pro Interview

Golf Pro
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Golf.

Interview Details – Pathetic, seemed they just wanted warm bodies.

Interview Question – How long do I plan to stay with American Golf   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Told this is what my pay would be and I would keep my lesson fees.

Worked for American Golf? Contribute to the Community!