Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Heart Association
- Fundraising Director (7)
- Director (7)
- Administrative Associate (4)
- Youth Market Director (3)
- Executive Director (3)
- Manager (3)
- Corporate Events Director (3)
- Development Director (3)
- Development Specialist (2)
- Director of Development (2)
- Health Strategies Director (2)
- Project Coordinator (2)
- Internship (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Lobbyist (1)
- Managing Editor (1)
- Technical Developer (1)
- Technology Coordinator (1)
- Senior Director (1)
- Senior Director of Corporate Events (1)
- Anonymous (1)
- Intern (1)
- Contract Administrator (1)
- Corporate Marketing (1)
- Associate Marketing Manager (1)
- Business Development (1)
- Business Development Coordinator (1)
- Business Development Director (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Marketing and Event Planning (1)
Corporate Events Director Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at American Heart Association.
It was very rigorous...like I was applying for a job with the govt. Nine years ago, I had three phone interviews and three in person interviews prior to be offered the position. You go through the phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manger, then his/her manager.
- typical job related questions about my previous career. Answer Question
there was no opportunity to negotiate...believe me I tried.
Other Interview Reviews for American Heart Association
Corporate Events Director InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at American Heart Association (Buffalo, NY).
The American Heart Association has an extensive interview process. All applications must be made through their website online. They begin by a telephone interview which is then followed by the applicant taking an online personality review. After those two steps are completed, the applicant is scheduled for a face to face interview. The interview is very comprehensive! they use the Chronological In Depth Survey (CIDS) questionaire. After that the applicant may be asked to come back for a more informal second interview.
- Not any one question is specifically difficult. I recommend that the applicant be well prepared to walk through their resume chronologically and in great detail. Answer Question
Corporate Events Director InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day – interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2012.
I was interviewing for a job in the same organization but a different affiliate. It was very very weird. I have over 6 years with a proven track record and was interviewed like I was someone off the street that had never worked for the organization. Terrible interview.