American Heart Association
www.heart.org Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

American Heart Association Interview Questions & Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Temporary Recruiter Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a temporary recruiter on the American Heart Association careers page. A few days later one of their recruiters called me. She conducted an initial phone screen during the phone screen we discussed the position and my previous experience. It was either the next day or the day after they requested a in person interview. I then went to the offices in Dallas to interview. The interview style was a panel of tow managers and myself. Shortly into the interview I realized that even though the job description didn't list a firm understanding of medical terminology, for this position it was going to be key and I was not a good fit for this position. I received a call a week later and was informed the position was cancelled.

Interview Question – I was caught off guard when asked if I had connections within the pediatric project management field?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initial conversation was with HR to weed out prospects. They will tell you salary cap, however this can be negotiated later in the interview process when you get to an actual decision-maker.
After HR phone screen, the Manager or Director you will work for schedules a phone interview and then you are brought into the office for an interview with multiple people

Interview Question – They mainly asked to describe scenarios where you participated in projects or experiences similar to the responsibilities of the role you were applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask what the salary cap is and then ask for a little more since cap is not set in stone

Director Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly thorough as you go through a phone screen with the Recruiter, a face to face interview and then a 2.5 to 3 hour final interview.

Interview Question – Besides working here for the mission, why do you really want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room.

Director Interview

Director
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2013.

Interview Details – a phone screen with a very Jr level recruiter. Then a phone screen, with a HR leader.

Project Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very standard interview, lots of brain picking.... interview seems to be more of a consultation to tell them what to do.... Go over work history and explain 1 good and one bad thing about each situation...

Interview Question – What's the color of money???....   View Answers (26)

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic low salary and no benefits at all....

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2013.

Interview Details – CIDS Interview

Interview Question – Questions were as expected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the Salary offered and the attitude of the interviewer.

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – Typical

Negotiation Details – Not willing to negotiate - I reuqested additional PTO time. Not an option

Managing Editor Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2009.

Interview Details – Panel interview with no moderator, while lunch is being served. Nothing but a series of awkward silences, as there was no direction to the process, and people had their mouths full most of the time. This was followed by a 2:1 interview. Each question was taken verbatim from an interview manual, and the same questions were asked for each prior position I had held. There was little or no attempt by the interviewers to stray from this script. Although the position was to be largely a matter of personnel management, the interview process was as dehumanizing as possible, and seemed to be designed to remove any room for personal responses or insight. Halfway though I realized that I wasting my time since I likely would not last long in such an environment. I was shocked when my recruiter said they had loved me, and an offer would be forthcoming. I was asked to provide an additional reference. Three days later I was informed they had offered someone else the position. None of my references had been contacted.

Interview Question – Name a college professor who had a profound impact on you?   View Answer

Manager, Corporate and Scientific Meetings Interview

Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in March 2011.

Interview Details – I don't understand. I spoke with HR and she was very nice. I passed the first two interviews with her. Then I interviewed with the Senior Manager and the department team. I studied hard and knew everything there was to know about the AHA including current events and made a presentation. The panel said they were impressed. Even the Senior Manager said he was impressed, and I exceeded or met the requirements. I have close to 20 years experience and really, sincerely thought I would be up for the next step in the process. The next thing I know, I got a roughly written note saying I didn't make the finals. No explanation. No word about what happened, what they were looking for I didn't have...nothing. I don't get it. Maybe they don't know what they want, since this position keeps appearing over and over and over every few months. I wrote a couple of notes to the HR lady, since we were on good terms. No response. The only thing I can figure out is she doesn't know what they want either. What a disappointment!! Oh, and by the by...some of the questions were strange....like, "What are your expectations of this position?" (Huh? Didn't you just describe this in the job description? What is one supposed to answer...oh I expect the AHA to pay for my dream yacht? (ha ha) I mean really people. What gives?? I am so hurt.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself. What were you responsible for in your last job?   View Answer

Purchasing Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was not used to panel interviews. Many questions asked.

Interview Question – What was my last supervisors weakness.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees and interview candidates.