American Heart Association

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

I submitted an application online and received a call from the HR recruiter at my local office about two weeks later. She asked me some basic questions and then got in touch with me a week later to request an in-person interview with the regional director. I came in for the interview and had a great chat with the regional director; she was impressed with my background/credentials, and even talked about how similar I was to her. I thought the interview went very well, and I left the office convinced that I had received the job. Before I left the office, the HR recruiter told me that she would give me a follow-up phone call the next day. About a week and a half later, I heard from the HR recruiter, and she told me that the regional director was so "impressed" with the way I handled myself and the interview. The HR recruiter assured me that the regional director would make a decision by the next week and she would call me. Well, a week and a half went by, and I hadn't heard from the recruiter, so I decided to send her an email. I quickly got a reply that she was out of the office for a week on vacation! I was livid! After another week of waiting (which was about 6 weeks since I applied for the job), the recruiter finally called me and told me they had gone with an internal candidate. Obviously, I was very upset and felt led-on by the company. I wish they had told me soon after my second round that I had not gotten the job instead of waiting for weeks. The recruiter encouraged me to apply for other AHA jobs, but after this terrible experience, I definitely don't want to work for their company. I feel like they handled the situation very unprofessionally, which makes me think less of the organization as a whole.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Heart Association

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association in November 2008.

Emphasize your ability to be proactive.

Interview Questions