American Heart Association Fundraising Director Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was odd, and a little difficult to navigate. The first interview came from the HR rep and was over the phone; really standard phone interview questions. He was super nice and very thoughtful in his questions and, after discussing my experience, he suggested two positions for which I might be a good fit. The second interview was in-person in the office with the person who would have been my supervisor. It was super easy-going and she was very nice. She asked some very general questions while looking through my resume. We talked about the position very openly and she said at the end of the meeting that she definitely wanted to bring me back. That same day, I received an email from HR asking me to take an online personality test (Meyers-Briggs type). When I came in for the second in-person interview, I was brought into a conference room with 3 staff members. They grilled me, round-robin style, for about and hour and a half. The questions were very general but specific, about my work style and how I handle stress. Much more emotional than about the job. They then asked to take a break and sent me back to the lobby to wait for about 10 minutes, then they brought me back in, asked one more question, and offered me the opportunity to ask my own questions. All in all, it was about two hours long. In the end, I didn't receive an offer. It was a good interview experience in that it was good practice, but it made me feel that I wouldn't have been a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workday and how many meetings per week do you schedule or attend?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Heart Association

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Questions

• cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Heart Association (Houston, TX).

Interview

Terrible very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Are you married how many kids do you have.   1 Answer

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Heart Association (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewing with two people at the same time because there were two positions open, which was a little awkward. First, I did an itinial half hour to forty-five minute phone interview where I was asked basic questions about my skills and current employer info. That lead to a one-on-one interview which lasted an hour where I was asked about my curent job and your typical behavior interview questions: "recall a time I failed at something," "give an example of a time I succeeded," "how creative am I, and can I give an example," etc. That lead to my taking an online personality assessement, which took an hour, and then to another face-toface interview with the two people I initially interviewed with and their VP, which took two hours because they went through every job I've ever had. Whew! I haven't heard back yet, and I still have to do through HR stuff, such as a background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your dream job, and how does this position relate to that?   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association in November 2007.

Interview

The interview process took forever and with 5 different people. It is interesting since they end up offering you high 30s to low 40s. The interview process makes it seem like you are applying for a high end positon. Overall the interview was typical interview style questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when someone told you no.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can always ask for more.