American Heart Association

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and they sent a request for a phone screen interview about 2 hours after I applied. I had the phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, the head of department wanted to speak with me, and that happened 2 days later. She seemed nice and interested in me. The same day, HR emailed saying that the head of department wanted to meet with me in-person and go through the in-person interview, which would be the final round. He explained that it would take about 3 hours and that I would need to meet with approximately 10 people. However, due to the head being in a different state, the interview would need to be scheduled a month later, giving me a week's range of when it would happen. The week before the scheduled week, I sent a few emails asking when this would be scheduled. They ended up telling me on Friday that they were no longer considering my application.

Interview Question – What do you dislike most about your current supervisor?   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

Development Director

Interviewed at American Heart Association

Interview Details – The interview process was relative to the VP in charge. My VP at the time was rather straight forward, however, he's since left. I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Interview Question – Given my interviewer, the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Payroll Interview

Payroll
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed at AHA. The interviews were pleasant and timely with direction questioning. I walked away feeling like I had great understanding of what the position would entail on a day to day bases. I also got a sense that they have strong teamwork and management support. All of the people I came in contact with via phone or in person had a great attitude and general interest in me as a potential candidate.

Interview Question – Details states local taxes   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Developer Interview

Technical Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

Interview Details – met 2 people to get interviewed. No telephonic interview. direct face to face interview. too much technical questions. discussed about the past 5 years experience. More technical questions on subject. In depth technical knowledge about the points in the resume.

Interview Question – complete architecture in the previous organization   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2010.

Interview Details – First Stage
I received a call from an HR representative who interviewed me over the phone. The representative asked me many questions about work ethic, situations, etc.

Second Stage
I was then called in for an interview in person and answered questions from a group of people that included the department for whom I would be working. Questions were based on how I would organize myself when working for more than one Director among other items.

I received a call from another person in the department after this interview to answer their questions. Questions centered on how I would get things done in a 7.5 hour day.

Third Stage
I was then given a two-part computer skills test to complete. This included grammar and Microsoft Office skills.

Fourth Stage
They did a background check.

Fifth Stage
I was offered the job and given information on salary, benefits and start date.

Interview Question – Questions were basic questions. I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary and benefits are presented as a package deal.

Youth Market Director Interview

Youth Market Director
Augusta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied online, then I was setup with a recruiter that contacted me by phone and gave me more detail about the job. Next I had to take a personality test of some kind. Then I interviewed with the regional director in the area for about an hour. The interview was extensive and the interviewer asked detailed questions regarding situations and previous employment. Lastly, I met the regional director to go through a Skype interview with someone even further up the chain of command. Once again, the questions were tedious and required a fair amount of preparation.

Interview Question – Give detailed examples of your past fundraising experiences and the goals met.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email for interview on the Dallas office. The first interview was very basic with HR. Then I was interviewed by the supervisor. He was very professional and the Interview went really well. I was called two days later for a second interview with the supervisor and two other managers. It was a 2 hr. interview focused on my work experience. I was called again for a third interview with another manager who seemed very uninterested talking about the last night party with her friends.

Interview Question – Have you ever contested an order from a former supervisor? Why?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Director Interview

Director
Northeast, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2013.

Interview Details – I found the job on a job posting board, and applied directly through their website. HR contacted me about a week later wanting to set up a phone interview with one of the supervisors. I had a phone interview with the manager's boss which was fairly standard, and not too long after that I was asked to come in for a face-to-face. I met with the manager and her boss, and it was about 1 hour long and fairly standard. Not too long after that, I was asked to come in for another interview. I was given an assignment to work on and present at the interview as well, and they also wanted me to complete a 400+ personality assessment beforehand. This third and final interview was in person and was with the manager, the manager's boss, and the boss's boss. This interview was the incredibly long one where I was asked every question under the sun, as they use the CIDS (Chronological In-Depth Structured) interview method. I've never been asked more questions in an interview than during this 3rd interview with the AHA. I also had to make a presentation regarding the assignment they had given me. Afterward, they requested a writing sample, so I sent them a paper I wrote in grad school. Not too long after that, they requested another writing sample, so I sent them something else. All in all, it took about 2 months from applying to actually receiving a job offer, as they are extremely thorough. They do call all of your references, and actually interview your references! After a verbal job offer, the manager actually called me to discuss my references feedback and grilled me on the few weaknesses my references mentioned. It was like a 4th interview, event though they already offered me the job and my references were overall very good!

Interview Question – Fairly standard, just expect every question under the sun (yes, even going back to high school!). The most unexpected question I got was "what was the last book you read?" They also wanted me to list at least 5 weaknesses and strengths, and go into detail about each of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a bit more in salary than the job posting suggested, which was nice, but it was still quite low considering the insane workload and title. They told me it was non-negotiable.

Temporary Recruiter Interview

Temporary Recruiter
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a temporary recruiter on the American Heart Association careers page. A few days later one of their recruiters called me. She conducted an initial phone screen during the phone screen we discussed the position and my previous experience. It was either the next day or the day after they requested a in person interview. I then went to the offices in Dallas to interview. The interview style was a panel of tow managers and myself. Shortly into the interview I realized that even though the job description didn't list a firm understanding of medical terminology, for this position it was going to be key and I was not a good fit for this position. I received a call a week later and was informed the position was cancelled.

Interview Question – I was caught off guard when asked if I had connections within the pediatric project management field?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2012.

Interview Details – Depending the person that will give you the internship, they ask you different questions. For example, if the Events Specialist is interviewing you he/she may be focused your personality, and match ways you can contribute to the AHA. It really depends on the person that is interviewing you. There may be the driver personality type that is only focused on results and there are certainly those that exist in the AHA.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced in your previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy. The person that worked there was just very focused and knew what they were doing.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!