1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Manager, Corporate and Scientific Meetings Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

I don't understand. I spoke with HR and she was very nice. I passed the first two interviews with her. Then I interviewed with the Senior Manager and the department team. I studied hard and knew everything there was to know about the AHA including current events and made a presentation. The panel said they were impressed. Even the Senior Manager said he was impressed, and I exceeded or met the requirements. I have close to 20 years experience and really, sincerely thought I would be up for the next step in the process. The next thing I know, I got a roughly written note saying I didn't make the finals. No explanation. No word about what happened, what they were looking for I didn't have...nothing. I don't get it. Maybe they don't know what they want, since this position keeps appearing over and over and over every few months. I wrote a couple of notes to the HR lady, since we were on good terms. No response. The only thing I can figure out is she doesn't know what they want either. What a disappointment!! Oh, and by the by...some of the questions were strange....like, "What are your expectations of this position?" (Huh? Didn't you just describe this in the job description? What is one supposed to answer...oh I expect the AHA to pay for my dream yacht? (ha ha) I mean really people. What gives?? I am so hurt.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What were you responsible for in your last job?   1 Answer