American Heart Association

Average Difficulty
66 candidate interviews

Health Strategies Director Interview

Health Strategies Director

I applied online and interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – Was e-mailed about 2 days after I submitted my application to set up an interview. I set up the interview for the following week, and recieved a call from the VP of HR promptly at the time we set up. Answered basic interview questions for about 30 minutes, and was told I would be contacted and what to expect for a second interview.

Interview Question – Where in the organization do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Health Strategies Director Interview

Health Strategies Director

I interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied initially for an Executive Director position, but an offer had already been accepted by another candidate when AHA received my online application. However, the VP of HR called to explore my interest in a different opportunity for a position still under development and new to that market. I was impressed with her operational knowledge of AHA's programs and strategic agenda, as well as her warmth and genuineness. When the Job Description was formalized for the new position (Health Strategies Director), she let me know, and we had an additional phone interview, in which I had the chance to ask most of the questions. She then scheduled a phone interview with the reporting VP, which was also a very positive experience. Next step is another phone interview with additional team members. No offer yet, but a very good first impression of the company and culture has been created.

Interview Question – No "gotchya" type questions. More like a natural conversation, with good give and take.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – This can take a long time and can mean two interviews with management from VP and SVP. The on boarding process has gotten better and friendlier.

Interview Question – Do you have experience in volunteer management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low salary offer.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – Only made it to phone interview (45-60 mins) and in-person interview (50-60 mins)

Interview Question – Something like, "How do you handle a situation where you disagree with a supervisor?"   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

Fundraising Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Question – cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Corporate Marketing Interview

Corporate Marketing

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was very straight forward in regards to both the position, responsibilities, and beneftis. I was required to complete an on-line test and moved forward to two face to face interviews. Both interviews were conducted in a comfortable setting and you were not thrown a great deal of difficult questions. American Heart Association was much more diligent in regards to checking references than any previous employer that I applied with.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were required make an important decision on the spot?   Answer Question

Youth Market Director Interview

Youth Market Director
Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a JOKE. I first interviewed with a panel of three women. As long as they thought I was hot, they hired me. My 1:1 interview was stupid. All the guy did was talk sports with me and he didn't know anything about the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever fundraised? Explain your failure with it or success   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable working with all women (the ratio is about 58:1 girls:guys)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Couldn't negotiate

Youth Market Director Interview

Youth Market Director

Interview Details – Interview process was a joke. I had to track down the local office to ask for HR's number to call them myself. Got a call back from my voicemail / Resume submission I left them then interviewed with three people, then another manager. Then got the offer via phone.

Interview Question – Nothing. Interviews here are a joke. As long as you can talk sports with guy managers, you're fine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nonnegotiable

Fundraising Director Interview

Fundraising Director
Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – Terrible very unprofessional

Interview Question – Are you married how many kids do you have.   View Answer

Regional Faculty Interview

Regional Faculty
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2009.

Interview Details – Paper application reviewed by committee - no interview - no background check

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!