American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

3.2

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Found and applied online - I was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins with an HR rep, a very nice person. Questions were typical, and mostly general. She just wanted to know what sort of experience I had from previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • They were the usual - "tell me about yourself", and "why do you want to work here", etc.   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Questions
    • cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association.

This can take a long time and can mean two interviews with management from VP and SVP. The on boarding process has gotten better and friendlier.

Low salary offer.

Project Coordinator Interview

Only made it to phone interview (45-60 mins) and in-person interview (50-60 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Something like, "How do you handle a situation where you disagree with a supervisor?"   Answer Question

Health Strategies Director Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Was e-mailed about 2 days after I submitted my application to set up an interview. I set up the interview for the following week, and recieved a call from the VP of HR promptly at the time we set up. Answered basic interview questions for about 30 minutes, and was told I would be contacted and what to expect for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where in the organization do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Health Strategies Director Interview

interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2013.

I applied initially for an Executive Director position, but an offer had already been accepted by another candidate when AHA received my online application. However, the VP of HR called to explore my interest in a different opportunity for a position still under development and new to that market. I was impressed with her operational knowledge of AHA's programs and strategic agenda, as well as her warmth and genuineness. When the Job Description was formalized for the new position (Health Strategies Director), she let me know, and we had an additional phone interview, in which I had the chance to ask most of the questions. She then scheduled a phone interview with the reporting VP, which was also a very positive experience. Next step is another phone interview with additional team members. No offer yet, but a very good first impression of the company and culture has been created.

Interview Questions
    • No "gotchya" type questions. More like a natural conversation, with good give and take.   Answer Question

Regional Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2009.

Paper application reviewed by committee - no interview - no background check

none

Fundraising Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Terrible very unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • Are you married how many kids do you have.   View Answer

Youth Market Director Interview

Interview process was a joke. I had to track down the local office to ask for HR's number to call them myself. Got a call back from my voicemail / Resume submission I left them then interviewed with three people, then another manager. Then got the offer via phone.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Interviews here are a joke. As long as you can talk sports with guy managers, you're fine.   View Answer
    Nonnegotiable

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in August 2010.

It was a JOKE. I first interviewed with a panel of three women. As long as they thought I was hot, they hired me. My 1:1 interview was stupid. All the guy did was talk sports with me and he didn't know anything about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever fundraised? Explain your failure with it or success   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working with all women (the ratio is about 58:1 girls:guys)   Answer Question
    Couldn't negotiate

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!