American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

3.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Took 4 hours of tests to have a phone interview that lasted less than 3 mins. It was disappointing to hear how "annoyed" she sounded. I seemed to be an inconvenience to her day. I could tell when she didn't like an answer as she would "sigh" and interrupt with next question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. They did not request I explain my work history in chronological order but instead asked of experience I had as it related to the job. They wanted to know what I knew about the company. Also, desired salary. I was invited to an in person interview. During this interview I was questioned by three individuals. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate. I advised them the minimum and they accepted.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very smooth Multiple people Had to do online test When they had 3 people in the room at the same time to interview they seemed to stumble a bit not knowing who would ask the next question. Questions seemed random and disjointed. Enjoyed meeting the senior leadership of the local office

Interview Questions

• Example of overcoming a difficult relationship to win business   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Gulfport, MS) in January 2011.

Interview

AHA only accepts on-line application. Phone interview + 3-4 series interviews with different levels of management that took about 6 weeks. Work "personality" profile questionnaire which they go over during the interview. Each phase took about an hour. They have a list of required questions that they have to submit the answers to AHA. Most of the questions are open ended "Tell me about a time" type questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult assignment...   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with different people asking questions about your background, education, and specific job experiences. Questions were positioned where you had to provide a STAR response... Strategy Tactics Action Result

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle to achieve your goal.   Answer Question

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, Phone Screen, two in person interviews. The interviews weren't that difficult and they don't ask any tricky or unexpected questions. The second in person interview was with both an immediate supervisor and the director of the market. They asked me what experience I had fundraising and how I could help the market. They asked if I had any connections to the area.

Interview Questions

• Share how you've set and accomplished a big picture vision.   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. I had 2 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. Be prepared to give several examples and give details on work experience and fundraising/sales initiatives. Very difficult interview process but I found it helpful in understanding expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 ways that you know this job is a good fit for you.   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Phone Interview was first as usual, Next was tested for MS Office skills, Interviewed with hiring managers 2 times and had to submit work sample. They are a very friendly office and staff. They asked situational questions and had to give examples, appropriate responses.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when something went wrong and how did you react/resolve issue.   1 Answer

Corporate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job out of state and was contacted the next day to take the online assessment and to schedule the first phone interview. The assessment took about 30 minutes to complete.The recruiter I spoke with was really friendly and sounded enthusiastic about my consideration for the position. A week and a half went by and I was contacted for a second phone interview with a team member in the department I was interviewing to join. We had a great conversation and she told me that she was going to move me along to a third interview that would be conducted over Skype (because I am out of state). A week later I sent the recruiter an email to see where they were with their decision with the position as I am interviewing elsewhere and moving along quickly. She responded and said they would likely extend an offer to a local candidate. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't contacted to let me know that I wasn't going to be moved along in the interview process whenever that decision was made. My experience with interviewing with large organizations (with their level of infrastructure) has been more communicative in terms of not telling candidates they are moving forward. Overall, I would apply for positions with other opportunities in this organization.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

One person interviewing me was checking their emails while I was answering questions. Never before had I seen such unacceptable behavior during an interview. How rude?? Most people will tell you they're waiting for an important call or email. No such warning with this character.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything you wanted to, what would it be?   Answer Question