American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Phone Interview was first as usual, Next was tested for MS Office skills, Interviewed with hiring managers 2 times and had to submit work sample. They are a very friendly office and staff. They asked situational questions and had to give examples, appropriate responses.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when something went wrong and how did you react/resolve issue.   1 Answer

Corporate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job out of state and was contacted the next day to take the online assessment and to schedule the first phone interview. The assessment took about 30 minutes to complete.The recruiter I spoke with was really friendly and sounded enthusiastic about my consideration for the position. A week and a half went by and I was contacted for a second phone interview with a team member in the department I was interviewing to join. We had a great conversation and she told me that she was going to move me along to a third interview that would be conducted over Skype (because I am out of state). A week later I sent the recruiter an email to see where they were with their decision with the position as I am interviewing elsewhere and moving along quickly. She responded and said they would likely extend an offer to a local candidate.

I was a little disappointed that I wasn't contacted to let me know that I wasn't going to be moved along in the interview process whenever that decision was made. My experience with interviewing with large organizations (with their level of infrastructure) has been more communicative in terms of not telling candidates they are moving forward.

Overall, I would apply for positions with other opportunities in this organization.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Heart Association (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

One person interviewing me was checking their emails while I was answering questions. Never before had I seen such unacceptable behavior during an interview. How rude?? Most people will tell you they're waiting for an important call or email. No such warning with this character.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything you wanted to, what would it be?   Answer Question

Marketing and Event Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Heart Association (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

It was short. I applied online, and corresponded over email with the HR Coordinator discussing some things before setting up an interview. We scheduled an interview, and I showed up in red. We spoke about the position, the organization, and my experience. It was all very positive, and I enjoyed the discussion.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AHA?
      Why are you interested in working for AHA?
      What skills will you utilize in this position?
      What are you expecting to gain from this position?

Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Very in-depth interviews, only hire top employees. Expect at least 3 interviews, nearly 5 hours total, before you get an offer or decision. Make sure to talk about all experience as even things you might think are irrelevant add up to the total sum of your experience and make you a total package here. The end result is a very strong team and top employees and it really makes for a great place to work. Know your resume and have specific examples to back up your "generic statements." Have a copy of your resume with you when you do the in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you think this position is.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association in November 2014.

Interview

Very quick process. First and second interview happened within a week of each other. The Third interview was over a month later. Took a while for them to get back with me with the results of my final interview. The interview was straight forward. Questions about my background, resume and why I wanted to work with them. It is important to know your resume with success sample stories for each one.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide a detailed history of my work experience and education starting with high school.   1 Answer

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The initial interview was with an HR rep. Usual questions, strengths, weaknesses... 2 weeks later an interview with the hiring manager, who misrepresented the position. Follow up interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on anything, at least with my hiring mgr.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was 5-7 weeks. The first interview was about an hour long phone screening interview with the HR department. The 2nd was a one hour Skype interview with the direct manager. The 3rd phase was a 100 question personality test and Microsoft applications test which took about 1.5-2 hours to complete. I was flown to the 4th part of the interview was in-person with the direct supervisor for the position and the supervisor's boss for a 4 hour CIDS style interview. For the 5th part, i was asked to arrange 45 minute 'interviews' with each of my references as wells as participate in an extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a CIDS style interview i.e. Chronological In-Depth Structured interview. This requires you to answer the same series of questions for everything listed on your resume and application. I was asked questions starting from high school to my current position (spanning the last 15 years of my life). The CIDS style also requires you to rate your previous supervisors by describing their strengths and weaknesses. You will also be asked to list and explain your own strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and accepted my proposed salary.

Corporate Events Director Interview

Application

Interview

It was very rigorous...like I was applying for a job with the govt. Nine years ago, I had three phone interviews and three in person interviews prior to be offered the position. You go through the phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manger, then his/her manager.

Interview Questions

• typical job related questions about my previous career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no opportunity to negotiate...believe me I tried.

Fundraising Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was odd, and a little difficult to navigate. The first interview came from the HR rep and was over the phone; really standard phone interview questions. He was super nice and very thoughtful in his questions and, after discussing my experience, he suggested two positions for which I might be a good fit. The second interview was in-person in the office with the person who would have been my supervisor. It was super easy-going and she was very nice. She asked some very general questions while looking through my resume. We talked about the position very openly and she said at the end of the meeting that she definitely wanted to bring me back. That same day, I received an email from HR asking me to take an online personality test (Meyers-Briggs type). When I came in for the second in-person interview, I was brought into a conference room with 3 staff members. They grilled me, round-robin style, for about and hour and a half. The questions were very general but specific, about my work style and how I handle stress. Much more emotional than about the job. They then asked to take a break and sent me back to the lobby to wait for about 10 minutes, then they brought me back in, asked one more question, and offered me the opportunity to ask my own questions. All in all, it was about two hours long. In the end, I didn't receive an offer. It was a good interview experience in that it was good practice, but it made me feel that I wouldn't have been a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workday and how many meetings per week do you schedule or attend?   Answer Question