American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

3.2

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Found and applied online - I was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins with an HR rep, a very nice person. Questions were typical, and mostly general. She just wanted to know what sort of experience I had from previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • They were the usual - "tell me about yourself", and "why do you want to work here", etc.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing and Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Was contacted by email to complete an online personality assessment and schedule a phone interview. The online assessment took about 45 minutes. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered an overview of my work history, strengths and weaknesses. We also discussed the requirements of the position and my expectations regarding salary. They let me know the next steps in the interview/hiring process. I am scheduled for a second interview with the local hiring manager in the next ten days. Expect a decision very soon.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Heart Association.

Applied online and was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. Had a thirty+ minute interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very straightforward and conversational. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational questions, for example - Give an example of how you handled an ethical conflict in the past and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    This internship was unpaid; it was a requirement of my graduate program.

Development Director Interview

The interview process was relative to the VP in charge. My VP at the time was rather straight forward, however, he's since left. I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Interview Questions
    • Given my interviewer, the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Technical Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

met 2 people to get interviewed. No telephonic interview. direct face to face interview. too much technical questions. discussed about the past 5 years experience. More technical questions on subject. In depth technical knowledge about the points in the resume.

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

I recently interviewed at AHA. The interviews were pleasant and timely with direction questioning. I walked away feeling like I had great understanding of what the position would entail on a day to day bases. I also got a sense that they have strong teamwork and management support. All of the people I came in contact with via phone or in person had a great attitude and general interest in me as a potential candidate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Heart Association in June 2014.

I applied online and they sent a request for a phone screen interview about 2 hours after I applied. I had the phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, the head of department wanted to speak with me, and that happened 2 days later. She seemed nice and interested in me. The same day, HR emailed saying that the head of department wanted to meet with me in-person and go through the in-person interview, which would be the final round. He explained that it would take about 3 hours and that I would need to meet with approximately 10 people. However, due to the head being in a different state, the interview would need to be scheduled a month later, giving me a week's range of when it would happen. The week before the scheduled week, I sent a few emails asking when this would be scheduled. They ended up telling me on Friday that they were no longer considering my application.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike most about your current supervisor?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Only made it to phone interview (45-60 mins) and in-person interview (50-60 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Something like, "How do you handle a situation where you disagree with a supervisor?"   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Questions
    • cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Temporary Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association in February 2014.

I applied for a temporary recruiter on the American Heart Association careers page. A few days later one of their recruiters called me. She conducted an initial phone screen during the phone screen we discussed the position and my previous experience. It was either the next day or the day after they requested a in person interview. I then went to the offices in Dallas to interview. The interview style was a panel of tow managers and myself. Shortly into the interview I realized that even though the job description didn't list a firm understanding of medical terminology, for this position it was going to be key and I was not a good fit for this position. I received a call a week later and was informed the position was cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • I was caught off guard when asked if I had connections within the pediatric project management field?   Answer Question