American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.2

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Only made it to phone interview (45-60 mins) and in-person interview (50-60 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Something like, "How do you handle a situation where you disagree with a supervisor?"   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Questions
    • cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Temporary Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association in February 2014.

I applied for a temporary recruiter on the American Heart Association careers page. A few days later one of their recruiters called me. She conducted an initial phone screen during the phone screen we discussed the position and my previous experience. It was either the next day or the day after they requested a in person interview. I then went to the offices in Dallas to interview. The interview style was a panel of tow managers and myself. Shortly into the interview I realized that even though the job description didn't list a firm understanding of medical terminology, for this position it was going to be key and I was not a good fit for this position. I received a call a week later and was informed the position was cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • I was caught off guard when asked if I had connections within the pediatric project management field?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Heart Association.

This can take a long time and can mean two interviews with management from VP and SVP. The on boarding process has gotten better and friendlier.

Low salary offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

The interview process is fairly thorough as you go through a phone screen with the Recruiter, a face to face interview and then a 2.5 to 3 hour final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Besides working here for the mission, why do you really want to work here   Answer Question
    Not much wiggle room.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

Applied online Contacted by phone Face to face interview-which was not planned. The first communication I had with corporate was a phone call that turned into a 30 minute interview. The face to face interview was an intense battery of questions that included the pros and cons of past jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What are your current supervisor's weaknesses?   View Answer

Technology Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

The first interview was a quick phone screen by a HR rep. I then got a call from the hiring manager a few days later for about an hour interview over the phone along with another employee who was performing the same job function. This was all job specific (related skills/experience). Next was an in person interview a couple weeks later. This was EXHAUSTING! Same two employees who interviewed me over the phone and another manager. Typical CIDS interview. it lasted 3.5 hours! Questions were completely irrelevant to the job. They asked the same 4 questions of EVERY SINGLE job that was on my resume. It's hard to be attentive during this entire process and to stay on track because of the length. I became exhausted and just didn't feel like answering any more of the questions. it was way too long! They were very uptight and almost made it uncomfortable to interview. I didn't feel like I would have fit with this company anyway.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

I applied online and was contacted via email for interview on the Dallas office. The first interview was very basic with HR. Then I was interviewed by the supervisor. He was very professional and the Interview went really well. I was called two days later for a second interview with the supervisor and two other managers. It was a 2 hr. interview focused on my work experience. I was called again for a third interview with another manager who seemed very uninterested talking about the last night party with her friends.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever contested an order from a former supervisor? Why?   Answer Question

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

First I applied online, then I was setup with a recruiter that contacted me by phone and gave me more detail about the job. Next I had to take a personality test of some kind. Then I interviewed with the regional director in the area for about an hour. The interview was extensive and the interviewer asked detailed questions regarding situations and previous employment. Lastly, I met the regional director to go through a Skype interview with someone even further up the chain of command. Once again, the questions were tedious and required a fair amount of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • Give detailed examples of your past fundraising experiences and the goals met.   Answer Question

Health Strategies Director Interview

interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2013.

I applied initially for an Executive Director position, but an offer had already been accepted by another candidate when AHA received my online application. However, the VP of HR called to explore my interest in a different opportunity for a position still under development and new to that market. I was impressed with her operational knowledge of AHA's programs and strategic agenda, as well as her warmth and genuineness. When the Job Description was formalized for the new position (Health Strategies Director), she let me know, and we had an additional phone interview, in which I had the chance to ask most of the questions. She then scheduled a phone interview with the reporting VP, which was also a very positive experience. Next step is another phone interview with additional team members. No offer yet, but a very good first impression of the company and culture has been created.

Interview Questions
    • No "gotchya" type questions. More like a natural conversation, with good give and take.   Answer Question