American Heart Association

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2013.

Interview Details – a phone screen with a very Jr level recruiter. Then a phone screen, with a HR leader.

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in March 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting an application online I was contacted by a HR assistant to schedule an interview and to complete an online administrative assessment. I met with a recruiter for an initial interview. The questions were more behavioral in nature. She asked what I knew specifically about the organization. I was scheduled for a second interview a couple days later with both the Vice President and the Director of the department. These questions were related specifically to job function and asked to me draw on previous employment experiences.

Interview Question – No questions were particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate. I did receive one standard raise and one merit increase over my year tenure with AHA.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Business Development Coordinator
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in October 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online by submitting resume and cover letter, as well as filling out questionairre. Do not call inquiring about position, wait for the AHA to contact you. Initial phone interview followed by in-person interview. Second interview consists of a "Comprehensive In-depth Survey" or CIDS interview which can last 3- hours, going through all of your work and schooling history. Last step is reference checks which can last approximately 30 minutes with each reference.

Interview Question – CIDS interview requires one to list five strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, it is an exhausting interview format that can leave you questioning your work history!   Answer Question

Health Strategies Director Interview

Health Strategies Director

I applied online and interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – Was e-mailed about 2 days after I submitted my application to set up an interview. I set up the interview for the following week, and recieved a call from the VP of HR promptly at the time we set up. Answered basic interview questions for about 30 minutes, and was told I would be contacted and what to expect for a second interview.

Interview Question – Where in the organization do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very standard interview, lots of brain picking.... interview seems to be more of a consultation to tell them what to do.... Go over work history and explain 1 good and one bad thing about each situation...

Interview Question – What's the color of money???....   View Answers (26)

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic low salary and no benefits at all....

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2013.

Interview Details – CIDS Interview

Interview Question – Questions were as expected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the Salary offered and the attitude of the interviewer.

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – 1st interview- phone interview with HR- asked general questions re: my experience in this role- experience with in-kind donations, event management, etc
2nd interview- in person at their local office with manager and other colleague
3rd interview- last like 3 hours and they have you answer SO many questions that goes back since high school/first work experience and has you go in detail about why you are where you are, etc.

Negotiation Details – none, they did not consider salary negotiations. "this is at the top of the

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Director of Corporate Events Interview

Senior Director of Corporate Events

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – It is a long very structured interview. Takes 2-3 hours depending on the interviewee/interviewer. The interview is the same structure for all positions. They are looking for the best of the best. Be well prepared and know your resume.

Interview Question – List 5 weaknesses. They sit and wait and make you come up with 5.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a higher salary

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – I didn't initially have a phone interview. They had me come in a couple days after I submitted my application. I was interviewed by two of the coordinators for that department. They were super nice and easy to talk to. Cracking jokes now and then. They asked me about my background and what I wanted to do in the near future. They wanted to know what I wanted to get out of the internship and what I had to offer. It was pretty standard.

Though I didnt get the internship position for them, they were kind enough to refer me to one of their colleagues that was also interviewing folks to intern for her too. When the interviewer (my boss now) called, we talked about my background and went through standard questions to follow up what I had previously mentioned in the other interview. I started immediately after.

Interview Question – Pretty standard stuff. Just go over your resume thoroughly and know what you want to do.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details – Typical

Negotiation Details – Not willing to negotiate - I reuqested additional PTO time. Not an option