American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

3.2

Development Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was relative to the VP in charge. My VP at the time was rather straight forward, however, he's since left. I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Interview Questions

• Given my interviewer, the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Technical Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

met 2 people to get interviewed. No telephonic interview. direct face to face interview. too much technical questions. discussed about the past 5 years experience. More technical questions on subject. In depth technical knowledge about the points in the resume.

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I recently interviewed at AHA. The interviews were pleasant and timely with direction questioning. I walked away feeling like I had great understanding of what the position would entail on a day to day bases. I also got a sense that they have strong teamwork and management support. All of the people I came in contact with via phone or in person had a great attitude and general interest in me as a potential candidate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they sent a request for a phone screen interview about 2 hours after I applied. I had the phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, the head of department wanted to speak with me, and that happened 2 days later. She seemed nice and interested in me. The same day, HR emailed saying that the head of department wanted to meet with me in-person and go through the in-person interview, which would be the final round. He explained that it would take about 3 hours and that I would need to meet with approximately 10 people. However, due to the head being in a different state, the interview would need to be scheduled a month later, giving me a week's range of when it would happen. The week before the scheduled week, I sent a few emails asking when this would be scheduled. They ended up telling me on Friday that they were no longer considering my application.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current supervisor?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Only made it to phone interview (45-60 mins) and in-person interview (50-60 mins)

Interview Questions

• Something like, "How do you handle a situation where you disagree with a supervisor?"   Answer Question

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Questions

• cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Heart Association (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

One person interviewing me was checking their emails while I was answering questions. Never before had I seen such unacceptable behavior during an interview. How rude?? Most people will tell you they're waiting for an important call or email. No such warning with this character.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything you wanted to, what would it be?   Answer Question

Temporary Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for a temporary recruiter on the American Heart Association careers page. A few days later one of their recruiters called me. She conducted an initial phone screen during the phone screen we discussed the position and my previous experience. It was either the next day or the day after they requested a in person interview. I then went to the offices in Dallas to interview. The interview style was a panel of tow managers and myself. Shortly into the interview I realized that even though the job description didn't list a firm understanding of medical terminology, for this position it was going to be key and I was not a good fit for this position. I received a call a week later and was informed the position was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• I was caught off guard when asked if I had connections within the pediatric project management field?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

This can take a long time and can mean two interviews with management from VP and SVP. The on boarding process has gotten better and friendlier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Low salary offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process is fairly thorough as you go through a phone screen with the Recruiter, a face to face interview and then a 2.5 to 3 hour final interview.

Interview Questions

• Besides working here for the mission, why do you really want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much wiggle room.