American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.2

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

The interview process is fairly thorough as you go through a phone screen with the Recruiter, a face to face interview and then a 2.5 to 3 hour final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Besides working here for the mission, why do you really want to work here   Answer Question
    Not much wiggle room.

Teaching Gardens Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in August 2013.

First, was a screening with HR on the phone. Second was an in person 2 hour interview with hiring supervisor and their boss on questions about myself and how I would fit the position. Third was completion of forms they emailed me, including a computer test and a background of previous jobs. Fourth, I came in for another 2 hour interview specifically on my employment background- such as my education and going through each job I have had. Fifth, they asked me for four referrals, which they talked to on the phone for 30 minutes each (I had to set up the appointments). The process takes a long time, about 6-7 weeks in total.

Health Strategies Director Interview

interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2013.

I applied initially for an Executive Director position, but an offer had already been accepted by another candidate when AHA received my online application. However, the VP of HR called to explore my interest in a different opportunity for a position still under development and new to that market. I was impressed with her operational knowledge of AHA's programs and strategic agenda, as well as her warmth and genuineness. When the Job Description was formalized for the new position (Health Strategies Director), she let me know, and we had an additional phone interview, in which I had the chance to ask most of the questions. She then scheduled a phone interview with the reporting VP, which was also a very positive experience. Next step is another phone interview with additional team members. No offer yet, but a very good first impression of the company and culture has been created.

Interview Questions
    • No "gotchya" type questions. More like a natural conversation, with good give and take.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2013.

a phone screen with a very Jr level recruiter. Then a phone screen, with a HR leader.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in March 2011.

After submitting an application online I was contacted by a HR assistant to schedule an interview and to complete an online administrative assessment. I met with a recruiter for an initial interview. The questions were more behavioral in nature. She asked what I knew specifically about the organization. I was scheduled for a second interview a couple days later with both the Vice President and the Director of the department. These questions were related specifically to job function and asked to me draw on previous employment experiences.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate. I did receive one standard raise and one merit increase over my year tenure with AHA.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in October 2011.

Apply online by submitting resume and cover letter, as well as filling out questionairre. Do not call inquiring about position, wait for the AHA to contact you. Initial phone interview followed by in-person interview. Second interview consists of a "Comprehensive In-depth Survey" or CIDS interview which can last 3- hours, going through all of your work and schooling history. Last step is reference checks which can last approximately 30 minutes with each reference.

Interview Questions
    • CIDS interview requires one to list five strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, it is an exhausting interview format that can leave you questioning your work history!   Answer Question

Health Strategies Director Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Was e-mailed about 2 days after I submitted my application to set up an interview. I set up the interview for the following week, and recieved a call from the VP of HR promptly at the time we set up. Answered basic interview questions for about 30 minutes, and was told I would be contacted and what to expect for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where in the organization do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in March 2013.

Very standard interview, lots of brain picking.... interview seems to be more of a consultation to tell them what to do.... Go over work history and explain 1 good and one bad thing about each situation...

Interview Questions

Unrealistic low salary and no benefits at all....

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2013.

CIDS Interview

Interview Questions

Did not like the Salary offered and the attitude of the interviewer.

Event Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

1st interview- phone interview with HR- asked general questions re: my experience in this role- experience with in-kind donations, event management, etc
    2nd interview- in person at their local office with manager and other colleague
    3rd interview- last like 3 hours and they have you answer SO many questions that goes back since high school/first work experience and has you go in detail about why you are where you are, etc.

none, they did not consider salary negotiations. "this is at the top of the