American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.2

Senior Director of Corporate Events Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

It is a long very structured interview. Takes 2-3 hours depending on the interviewee/interviewer. The interview is the same structure for all positions. They are looking for the best of the best. Be well prepared and know your resume.

Interview Questions
    • List 5 weaknesses. They sit and wait and make you come up with 5.   Answer Question
    I negotiated a higher salary

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

I didn't initially have a phone interview. They had me come in a couple days after I submitted my application. I was interviewed by two of the coordinators for that department. They were super nice and easy to talk to. Cracking jokes now and then. They asked me about my background and what I wanted to do in the near future. They wanted to know what I wanted to get out of the internship and what I had to offer. It was pretty standard.

Though I didnt get the internship position for them, they were kind enough to refer me to one of their colleagues that was also interviewing folks to intern for her too. When the interviewer (my boss now) called, we talked about my background and went through standard questions to follow up what I had previously mentioned in the other interview. I started immediately after.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff. Just go over your resume thoroughly and know what you want to do.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Typical

Not willing to negotiate - I reuqested additional PTO time. Not an option

Regional Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2009.

Paper application reviewed by committee - no interview - no background check

none

Fundraising Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Terrible very unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • Are you married how many kids do you have.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2013.

I was interviewed by a recruiter over the phone and then invited to an in person interview a week later with the hiring manager. I thought it went well; questions were not too difficult at all but their are several stages in the interview process. I wasn't called back after the first in person interview despite having all the qualifications and it seeemingly going well. I would be curious to know what they're looking for.

Government Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association.

The hiring process is extremely detailed and in some ways overly complicated. When going in for the lengthy interview, be sure to have fully studied your resume and to also dig back into your career to recall projects, tasks, etc. Finally, be sure to go back to your college and high school experiences... anyone remember what they got on their ACT / SAT?

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your study habits when you were in high school.   Answer Question

Regional Development Director (Fundraising) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in May 2012.

First communication was a phone call screening. It was pretty brief, the woman asked basic questions about past jobs and why I wanted to work for AHA.
    I was then scheduled for an in person interview. I came very prepared and felt very qualified for the job. The woman interviewing me was the region Vice President, the position's direct report. She was very candid about the position and said it was a very tough job and that I would either love it or hate it. She said previous women leave the position within a year, or are in for several years. She didn't make the position seem appealing at all, rather scared me away. Afterwards, I contacted a former fundraising director and she told me to run, so I did. I was called back for a second interview and declined. HR will submit a background check.

Interview Questions
    • The first one on one interview was more or less conversation in which I was asked about my previous positions and why I wanted to leave my current job. I felt I asked more questions since I had no experience in fundraising. I assume the 3rd step group interview is when the more difficult questions come in.   Answer Question

Corporate Events Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association.

The American Heart Association has an extensive interview process. All applications must be made through their website online. They begin by a telephone interview which is then followed by the applicant taking an online personality review. After those two steps are completed, the applicant is scheduled for a face to face interview. The interview is very comprehensive! they use the Chronological In Depth Survey (CIDS) questionaire. After that the applicant may be asked to come back for a more informal second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not any one question is specifically difficult. I recommend that the applicant be well prepared to walk through their resume chronologically and in great detail.   Answer Question

Grassroots Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2012.

I was contacted the same day I applied and scheduled a screening interview over the phone. The interviewer called late and informed me that her computer was down and that she would not be able to access her planned questions but we should get started anyway. She seemed to be making up questions on the fly and the conversation was stilted. At the end of the interview she giggled, before hanging up. By far one of the strangest interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty routine, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question