American Heart Association Managing Editor Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2009.

Panel interview with no moderator, while lunch is being served. Nothing but a series of awkward silences, as there was no direction to the process, and people had their mouths full most of the time. This was followed by a 2:1 interview. Each question was taken verbatim from an interview manual, and the same questions were asked for each prior position I had held. There was little or no attempt by the interviewers to stray from this script. Although the position was to be largely a matter of personnel management, the interview process was as dehumanizing as possible, and seemed to be designed to remove any room for personal responses or insight. Halfway though I realized that I wasting my time since I likely would not last long in such an environment. I was shocked when my recruiter said they had loved me, and an offer would be forthcoming. I was asked to provide an additional reference. Three days later I was informed they had offered someone else the position. None of my references had been contacted.

Interview Questions
  • Name a college professor who had a profound impact on you?   View Answer

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!