American Honda Finance

American Honda Finance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.6

Lease End Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Honda Finance.

Interview

The interview was a straight forward behavioral based interview. If you are prepared with examples of your past that follow the basic S-T-A-R answer, then you should do well. Prepare using the job description and make sure your responses highlight situations where your experience relates to what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Multiple Customer Service Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Honda Finance (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Before the interview I was advised I would be interviewing with two interviewers for several different positions in the company. I arrived at the interview and was greeted by a female interviewer. She asked standard questions regarding customer service roles and experiences, what my expectations were within the company, etc. I was also given an opportunity to ask her questions. I asked the interviewer how employees in the company were coached and what kind of development programs they offer, which apparently intimidated her since she advised my recruiter that I would be 'uncoachable'. To be fair, she answered very tellingly that they do not invest in any development programs for employees and described a very hands-off management style. I was told she would conduct the interview in a 'conversational' style, but the interviewer was very disinterested in the questions and in talking to me even before I mentioned coaching. She did not seem passionate about the company or about the positions she was interviewing for although she had been an employee for over ten years. Terrible interview.

Collections Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at American Honda Finance.

Interview

I was asked a few questions by two supervisors then was promptly called by the staffing agency with a start date. When I was there they had a jeans day so it felt pretty laid back and the questions were easy. For the most part they hire people right out of college with little to no professional experience in an office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at American Honda Finance.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency. They were able to prep me for the interview. It took about two days to receive a call back. During the interview you are interviewed with about 3-4 supervisors at different departments so see which department you best fit in.

Interview Questions

• Describes your experiences at xyz company and what were your roles? Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? Describe a moment you were able to adapt to a fast pace working environment?   Answer Question

Customer Acct Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Honda Finance (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 5-6 people from different departments in the company. First I interviewed with who I believe is the hiring manager. Then you do two rounds of interviews with two different pairs of supervisors from various departments. Then the hiring manager returns to summarize. They seemed to be interested in my long-term role in the company in a higher-level position some day. However, in my experience, everyone starts as a temporary employee in a contract-to-hire situation. They put you on the early dialer to weed out the weak then they promote the persistent ones who stick around for more than a year. They ask very general questions and none of the hypothetical scenario questions. The interview is not incredibly formal, and the people interviewing tried to make me feel comfortable. There were no tests. There was only a background check which has to be spotless due to the sensitive nature of the work (having access to banking and personal information).

Interview Questions

• One supervisor wanted to know of a time that I'd had to negotiate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotation. I was working for a temporary staffing agency, so I did not speak directly to the hiring manager at all. My salary was set when I applied to the position.

Early Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at American Honda Finance (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

First you meet with the staffing recruiter who wants you to come in for the interview. Then he prepares you for the interview. Then he sends you to the two employees that interview you. They ask behavioral questions not hard at all. Just impress them. Then you meet with one last person. I got the job right after.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Honda Finance (Irving, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 supervisors. Both were great interviewers, very friendly and personable. It was the standard soft-skill oriented interview. However, I was advised that after holding a temporary position in the company that I would be hired on permanent within 6 months to a year. I was hired on permanent, after going above and beyond the job requirements, after almost 2 years of temporary employment.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Honda Finance (Holyoke, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was referring through a staffing agency so I had no contact with the company prior to showing up at the interview. The interview started promptly on time, interviewer was very nice but blunt in what she was looking for. All in all a very positive experience, left feeling like I'd adequately prepared, no huge curveball questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me what you know about the company". I came from an economics background so I figured start at the beginning, and started by discussing how the business model of American car companies had shifted over the last few decades to where their captive finance companies were the cash makers and whatnot, she clarified she just meant about what the people in the building did on a day-to-day basis. She wasn't at all put off or anything though.   Answer Question

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Honda Finance (Irving, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Always through temp agency, usually asks questions regarding previous work and any information you know about Honda

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Honda Finance in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was behavioral and example based. It's good to look over your old reviews or note several experiences you've had and the outcomes and how you got to the outcome. I appreciate the behavioral based interview process because it gives me the opportunity to talk about several of the different experiences I've had with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the quality you have that would best describe you as a leader?   Answer Question