American Honda Finance

American Honda Finance Interview Questions

3.2

Customer Acct Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Honda Finance in August 2013.

I interviewed with 5-6 people from different departments in the company. First I interviewed with who I believe is the hiring manager. Then you do two rounds of interviews with two different pairs of supervisors from various departments. Then the hiring manager returns to summarize. They seemed to be interested in my long-term role in the company in a higher-level position some day. However, in my experience, everyone starts as a temporary employee in a contract-to-hire situation. They put you on the early dialer to weed out the weak then they promote the persistent ones who stick around for more than a year. They ask very general questions and none of the hypothetical scenario questions. The interview is not incredibly formal, and the people interviewing tried to make me feel comfortable.

There were no tests. There was only a background check which has to be spotless due to the sensitive nature of the work (having access to banking and personal information).

Interview Questions
    • One supervisor wanted to know of a time that I'd had to negotiate.   Answer Question
    There was no negotation. I was working for a temporary staffing agency, so I did not speak directly to the hiring manager at all. My salary was set when I applied to the position.

Early Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source – interviewed at American Honda Finance.

First you meet with the staffing recruiter who wants you to come in for the interview. Then he prepares you for the interview. Then he sends you to the two employees that interview you. They ask behavioral questions not hard at all. Just impress them. Then you meet with one last person. I got the job right after.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Honda Finance in July 2011.

I was referring through a staffing agency so I had no contact with the company prior to showing up at the interview. The interview started promptly on time, interviewer was very nice but blunt in what she was looking for. All in all a very positive experience, left feeling like I'd adequately prepared, no huge curveball questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me what you know about the company". I came from an economics background so I figured start at the beginning, and started by discussing how the business model of American car companies had shifted over the last few decades to where their captive finance companies were the cash makers and whatnot, she clarified she just meant about what the people in the building did on a day-to-day basis. She wasn't at all put off or anything though.   Answer Question

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Honda Finance in September 2009.

Always through temp agency, usually asks questions regarding previous work and any information you know about Honda

Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Honda Finance in May 2012.

The interview was behavioral and example based. It's good to look over your old reviews or note several experiences you've had and the outcomes and how you got to the outcome. I appreciate the behavioral based interview process because it gives me the opportunity to talk about several of the different experiences I've had with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the quality you have that would best describe you as a leader?   Answer Question

Lead Customer Accounts Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Honda Finance in February 2012.

You get pulled into a room with the management team, they each ask you one or two questions, make sure you have specific examples and take your time.
    The process takes maybe 10 minutes, but if you are waiting to hear whether you got the position or not, be prepared to wait atleast 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have gone above and beyond your job role.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel you have shown leadership aside from your basic job duties in your current function?   Answer Question
    No negotiations