American Honda Motor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Program Office Assistant Interview

Student Program Office Assistant
Troy, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at American Honda Motor.

Interview Details – Just one on one interview depending on the job, have group interview but just the basic, also phone interviewing as well, depending on your locations. Job offer is offered or no offer depending on how good you did during the interviewing. Get the one on one interview on site you close to been offer a job.

Negotiation Details – NO

Stock and Material Handler Interview

Stock and Material Handler

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at American Honda Motor.

Interview Details – Apply online. Attach resume and turn in hard copy to hiring manager. Interview within two weeks. Contacted and given day and time. The best way to obtain an interview is to work for the agency contractor, DSS. While employed through DSS, you will learn the processes necessary to the SMH position. Dress conservatively. For women, no skirts or dresses. Dress slacks or suit. Do not wear a lot of jewelry or perfume. Everyone was nice and helpful.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Sales Analyst Interview

Sales Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Honda Motor.

Interview Details – Initial call is from HR and they simply go over your resume with very few questions that are not about your background or experience. Second call was from the Zone Assistant manager who asked basic questions about your resume and experience in the auto industry. The next step is to fly to the Zone which can be tiring if you fly out and back in the same day, so try and fly out the night before. Interviewed with 4 managers who once again asked about my background and experience. Next they asked about computer skills and analytical abilities. The most important thing that they looked for was if you fit in and could be social. The final step is to interview with 2 national managers at HQ in Torrence where you will be asked about your background, why you want to work at Honda and how you think the company is currently doing and what the future may be like.

Interview Question – How do you think Honda is currently doing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Data, Database and Systems Administrator Interview

Data, Database and Systems Administrator
Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Honda Motor.

Interview Details – This was for a contract position. Referred by two colleagues and my interview was setup for the next day. I went in and was interviewed by the manager, project lead and a technical staff. Then I was given a list of contract agencies to select from and I came onboard the following week.

Interview Question – It was a technical question I could not answer based on a platform I had not used in a while. But I know they are interviewing the person and how I will handle scenarios and not necessary a book-smart techie.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My negotiation was strictly with the contract agency and my counteroffer was fair and accepted.

Social Market Analyst Interview

Social Market Analyst
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Honda Motor.

Interview Details – I was interviewed three times. One phone interview, and two in-person interviews - once with the current Social Media Manager ONLY and the second time was with the Social Media Manager and the VP of Marketing.

Interview Questions

• Do you own a Honda? Did you "like" the make of the car you do own on Facebook? Why or Why Not?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time a client/team disagreed with one of your ideas and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Classification Analyst Interview

Senior Classification Analyst
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Honda Motor in June 2012.

Interview Details – The panel (two people) interview process was very professional, however, as I wasn't offered the position, I can't describe the hiring process.

Interview Question – When I was aksed by the National Customs Manager's assistant to name in order all General Rules of Interpretation (GRI) , which includes six written main rules and four additional written rules.   View Answer

Senior Project Lead (Telematics) Interview

Senior Project Lead (Telematics)
Torrance, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Honda Motor in July 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews one with a senior program manager and one with a project manager. The junior HR lady who contacted me didn't remind the senior manager for my first phone interview and resulted a "NO SHOW." They later emailed an apology and rescheduled for next week. The first interview took about 40 minutes but manager had to rush for another meeting so it ended with many unanswered questions. They later scheduled another phone interview with a project manager to drill down more on my budgeting ability. This position requires project manager with experience managing multimillion projects especially in the automotive or telecommunication industry. Obviously I am a little weak in this area. After two phone interviews, it took them about a month and half to generate an email for not being considered for next step. I had a chance to visit Torrance, CA hoping to schedule a face-to-face interview. But again, the junior HR lady took her summer vacation and was not able to meet any of them.

Interview Questions

Database Analyst Interview

Database Analyst
Kirkland, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at American Honda Motor in June 2008.

Interview Details – Human resources and the hiring manager were in the same room. The ask question about my experience in database both traditional (paper) and technical (computer). The tested my skill in how to organize certain projects and my past experience with database organization. After all the questions and discussion about my past and the company the HR rep and hiring manager. The follow up was good and they provided the information need to continue the process.

Interview Question – How is you knowledge of managing paper databases.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Honda Motor in March 2008.

Interview Details – good experince. felt very comfortable it was a very quick process overall. Only had to do one interview face to face with two managers. Interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – please describe a time when you had to overcome a challenging situation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst
Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Honda Motor in January 2008.

Interview Details – Quick and painless. Contractors aren't people.

Interview Question – Can you breath?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Honda Motor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Honda Motor interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Honda Motor employees and interview candidates.