American Honda Motor

Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.2

Market Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Honda Motor in October 2014.

Honda HR is either indifferent, overworked of unorganized. Everything took two or three attempts to get a response to. Interviews are followed by long periods of radio silence.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions; more personal opinions than anything else. Toughest question was "What do you think is Honda's biggest challenge?"   View Answer

Student Program Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Honda Motor.

Just one on one interview depending on the job, have group interview but just the basic, also phone interviewing as well, depending on your locations. Job offer is offered or no offer depending on how good you did during the interviewing. Get the one on one interview on site you close to been offer a job.

Stock and Material Handler Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at American Honda Motor.

Apply online. Attach resume and turn in hard copy to hiring manager. Interview within two weeks. Contacted and given day and time. The best way to obtain an interview is to work for the agency contractor, DSS. While employed through DSS, you will learn the processes necessary to the SMH position. Dress conservatively. For women, no skirts or dresses. Dress slacks or suit. Do not wear a lot of jewelry or perfume. Everyone was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Honda Motor in December 2013.

1. Applicants must submit through the Taleo job portal which is one of the worst software applications I have ever had to endure. It truly is the worst part of applying here.

2. Getting your cover letter and resume seen by the actual Hiring Manager can be difficult without some inside help. Network, network, network!

3. Do your homework. Know and be able to demonstrate the skills that the job requires. No, they won't ask you to disassemble an engine on the spot, but they may test your actual computer skills. So be honest on your resume and application. Don't say you are a Power User unless you are!

4. Be patient. The whole process can (and usually does take months). When you get that first phone interview, don't be surprised if it seems easy. It's just the formality. The in-person interview is where you will be put through the paces.

5. Be prepared and professional when you get the in-person interview. It can range from 1 - 8 hours. So be well-rested and on top of your game. Bring examples of your work and practice what you want to say.

6. Follow up. Send emails or letters after every contact or interview.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a specific example in your current position in which you demonstrated [required skill]. It seems basic enough, but lots of applicants aren't prepared with an answer.   View Answer
    There is no salary negotiation. You receive the offer and accept or decline.

Sales Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Honda Motor.

Initial call is from HR and they simply go over your resume with very few questions that are not about your background or experience. Second call was from the Zone Assistant manager who asked basic questions about your resume and experience in the auto industry. The next step is to fly to the Zone which can be tiring if you fly out and back in the same day, so try and fly out the night before. Interviewed with 4 managers who once again asked about my background and experience. Next they asked about computer skills and analytical abilities. The most important thing that they looked for was if you fit in and could be social. The final step is to interview with 2 national managers at HQ in Torrence where you will be asked about your background, why you want to work at Honda and how you think the company is currently doing and what the future may be like.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think Honda is currently doing?   View Answer
    None

Data, Database and Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Honda Motor.

This was for a contract position. Referred by two colleagues and my interview was setup for the next day. I went in and was interviewed by the manager, project lead and a technical staff. Then I was given a list of contract agencies to select from and I came onboard the following week.

Interview Questions
    • It was a technical question I could not answer based on a platform I had not used in a while. But I know they are interviewing the person and how I will handle scenarios and not necessary a book-smart techie.   Answer Question
    My negotiation was strictly with the contract agency and my counteroffer was fair and accepted.

Social Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Honda Motor.

I was interviewed three times. One phone interview, and two in-person interviews - once with the current Social Media Manager ONLY and the second time was with the Social Media Manager and the VP of Marketing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you own a Honda? Did you "like" the make of the car you do own on Facebook? Why or Why Not?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time a client/team disagreed with one of your ideas and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Classification Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Honda Motor in June 2012.

The panel (two people) interview process was very professional, however, as I wasn't offered the position, I can't describe the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • When I was aksed by the National Customs Manager's assistant to name in order all General Rules of Interpretation (GRI) , which includes six written main rules and four additional written rules.   View Answer

Senior Project Lead (Telematics) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Honda Motor in July 2010.

Two phone interviews one with a senior program manager and one with a project manager. The junior HR lady who contacted me didn't remind the senior manager for my first phone interview and resulted a "NO SHOW." They later emailed an apology and rescheduled for next week. The first interview took about 40 minutes but manager had to rush for another meeting so it ended with many unanswered questions. They later scheduled another phone interview with a project manager to drill down more on my budgeting ability. This position requires project manager with experience managing multimillion projects especially in the automotive or telecommunication industry. Obviously I am a little weak in this area. After two phone interviews, it took them about a month and half to generate an email for not being considered for next step. I had a chance to visit Torrance, CA hoping to schedule a face-to-face interview. But again, the junior HR lady took her summer vacation and was not able to meet any of them.

District Parts and Service Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Honda Motor in March 2010.

The process was challenging and thorough. You meet with several managers and answer behavioral and situational questions. There are 2 or 3 rounds of interviews before a decision is reached.

Negotiation was direct. They make an offer, I made a request in response to the offer and they responded.