American Hospital Association Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

3.6

Research Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Hospital Association.

I was contacted through email that I was selected for a phone interview. In this email, I given a list of questions that had to answer and email back. My first interview was over the phone with the HR Manager who asked a few general interview questions. I was told that if I was selected for a second interview, I would be contacted in the next two weeks. After a month, I received an email that they would like to invite me for an in-person panel interview. For this interview I had to prepare a 15 minute presentation about myself that covered 8 questions that they provided. In the interview, four people were physically present and one person was on the phone. The interview was informal and everyone made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. After the presentation, the panel asked general questions about things I mentioned in my presentations as well as other questions for about 30 minutes.Then, I had a one-one interview with a Director that was also on the panel interview. These questions were more detailed technical questions related to research.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage working on multiple projects at the same time? Did you implement a new process to any of your previous positions? How do you go about researching a topic in which you have no prior knowledge?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Hospital Association.

The association contacted me both via phone and email, then scheduled for phone interview. Initially, I found that the interviewer's description of this job online were quite different from what he described to me over the phone. The interviewer was also very disorganized. After our initial phone interview, he said that he would follow-up with me in the next week. Instead, he followed-up weeks later only to ask "where we were" in the process. During this conversation, his notes on me were also inaccurate. It was as if he had notes on another candidate. After hearing me rehash our original conversation, his voice was less excited and I knew then that I would probably not get another call back. And, yes, I never heard back from them since. I found the whole process to be unprofessional and frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall the most difficult question, because I felt like the whole process was awkward.   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Hospital Association in March 2014.

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview with HR shortly after and had a 20 minute interview with the HR rep. The manager for the position followed up with another phone interview several days later.

I was then invited to Chicago for an in-person panel presentation and one-on-one interview. I was given a pre-work assignment with four questions to cover in the 10-15 minute presentation. I Traveled to Chicago two weeks later for the interview, gave the presentation and answered questions from a group of approximately 10 people for 45 minutes. This was followed by a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. I was told that I would have a decision by the end of that week. My references were contacted the next day and I was offered and accepted the job two days later.

Overall, it was a very positive experience. The format was very thorough and gave me the opportunity to meet the team I would be working with and get a feeling for the duties and responsibilities required by the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between assigning and delegating tasks? How do you handle mentoring those who report to you?   Answer Question

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at American Hospital Association.

I received the following email today:

"Thank you again for applying for the Sr. Communications Specialist. Given the date you applied we may or may not have reviewed your resume. We wish to inform you that we have currently filled the Sr. Communications Specialist position.

Best wishes with your job search and we hope you will consider future employment with the American Hospital Association. Please feel free to review current Job Opportunities on the aha.org website.

Sincerely,

Human Resources
    American Hospital Association"

I can't believe they would send something out like this. I find it to be really lazy and unprofessional. And the insinuation that "based on when I applied" my resume wasn't even reviewed, as if the fault laid with me in responding to their vacancy announcement. (I applied when they first advertised the position).

Client Satisfaction Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Hospital Association in August 2012.

There was an initial phone interview where they asked about previous experience and how it would help me in this role. A few days later, there was an in-person interview/presentation in front of a group of people (about 5). They asked some questions for clarification and about experience. They seemed nice and very interested.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would rather work in health administration since this is what I received my masters in.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at American Hospital Association in September 2010.

Several Interviews. Review of porfolio. Questions about "how would you..." Just not professional. Could have had only one interview. Did not negoitiate salary. Had a line of people to take the job and told you that - so take it or leave it.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe you negative traits" - really - no bull - they asked this.   View Answer
    Not flexible at all. If you didn't take it they told you they had three other people who would.

Project Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Hospital Association in February 2011.

Had to make a presentation to peers, manager and HR. The questions asked were very relevant, and people seemed nice.

Interview Questions
    • Program management question relating to the implementation of a program at a healthcare facility, such as how do you work with leaders that do not support the program.   Answer Question