American Hotel Register

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Hotel Register.

Interview Details – Job fair, online application, phone interview, interview, and offer

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Hotel Register in August 2009.

Interview Details – Nothing I was sent over as a temp and was hired 6 weeks later. No background check or anything

Negotiation Details – No negotiations it was more like take it or leave

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Hotel Register in April 2009.

Interview Details – About a 3-week process. Initial HR screening followed by internal interviews. Long training process before you are able to go work in the field.

Interview Question – How do you handle price objections?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Hotel Register in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was given a quick phone screening consisting of the standard questions. I was then offered an interview with the HR rep and the manager I would be working for a few days later. That went really well and was given an interview with a director of Logistics. Questions were simple, more of a get to know you type conversation. I then had an interview with the VP of Logistics and the manager I would be working for. This was the most difficult, but felt it still went pretty well. These all took place within about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Name a time you suggested something in the workplace and it was accepted   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Hotel Register in July 2010.

Interview Details – i interviewed for this position and was asked to return for a second interview a week later. after the second interview i was told i was the top candidate for the position. i checked weekly to see if the co. had made a hiring decision and was repeatedly told not yet for various reasons,i.e the hiring manager was on vacation or the hr person was on vacation. a month later i was told they were doing another round of interviews and would i come back again. this third interview was the same as the first two. they asked me the same questions. again i called weekly to check on the position and again was told hr was on vacation and it would be a couple of weeks before a decision was made. i was still told i was one of the top candidates. a week later i called hr and was told the position was offered to someone else. i think they strung me along until they found someone better, which i don't think was very professional. i should have realized after being told that i was a top candidate for two months but not getting any kind of offer that i wasn't going to be hired. i also asked to find out the reason why i was not hired so i could use that information in the future but i never got an answer.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Family Accountant Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Hotel Register in February 2010.

Interview Details – I received initial contact from Human Resources explaining the position and asking me if I was interested in pursuing it further. The next phase was a questionnaire that I was required to complete and return to the Human Resources Department. Finally, an interview was arranged. I met with a representative from Human Resources and two members of the accounting department management.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to switch from you current career path to this one?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Hotel Register? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Hotel Register interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Hotel Register employees and interview candidates.