American Income Life

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

Got a call stating I had applied for a benefits coordinator posting with their company. Told to dress in business professional. Arrived and was given a very general question sheet about how to influence behavior. Met with a representative for 5 minutes. He asked me why I was back on job market. Told him I currently had position at which point he cut me off and said that they had an information meeting in 10 minutes that they wanted me to attend. Went into meeting and was told "hours are nights and weekends so if you need to cook dinner for your husband this job isn't for you." After listening and being told that if you sell two policies a week you can make $985 a week in money I knew that this was a total BS sales job. I specifically have never applied to a sales job. The posting that I applied for was a misrepresentation. After the sexist statement and the commission statement I got up and left the room, which I realized as I walked out that 5 other people had done the same.

Interview Questions
  • What concerns do you or your spouse have about this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in January 2008.

It was a PR push to get incoming applicants amped up about the "career opportunity." They rarely mentioned sales.

Interview Questions