American Income Life Entry Level Manager Interview Questions

1.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountlake Terrace, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in September 2013.

I sent my resume by email. Within 10 minutes I had a phone call from HR. I was asked a few questions about past management experience. I was then given a choice of appointments for the next day that were 20 minutes apart with a man named Mr. Ng. (I have never had a 20 minute interview before. I did set up an interview for the next day. In the mean time I tried to do an internet search for the Toshner group and could find nothing. When I arrived at my interview the next day there was approximately 15 other people there for interviews. I was given a sheet to fill out that asked me some questions. One question was what 5 traits do I think a god manager should have. One was what I am looking for in a career. What am I looking for in a company. What do I not want in a company. I was then taken in for an interview with a man who was not Mr. Ng. When I said my interview was with Mr. Ng I was told he was interviewing other people. I was then asked to tell him about myself. Then I was asked about my management experience. This interview lasted all of 5 minutes. ( and started 10 minutes late). I was then told I had made it to the 3rd round of interviews and that it would start at 10:30. (it also started late). I was told the 3rd interview would be a presentation that would tell us about the job and the company. It would be led by Mr. Ng. I was told that it was actually an interview and that during the presentation Mr. Ng would be watching us to see who took notes, who paid attention and who asked questions. Was also told to be very personable during the presentation. I was told the 3rd interview/presentation would take 1 hour but could take longer. I told them I had to leave by 11:30. The entire presentation that I saw was about selling life insurance. When I left I was followed out by the person who interviewed me. I was told that prior to the presentation Mr Ng. said if i was chosen for the 4th round of interviews he would give I sign that I was chosen and that sign had been given so i was chosen for the next round. I don’t know what this was based on since I had not spoken during the presentation. I was then asked if I had a few minutes to talk. I was told the job was for a sales associate . I said that I was told I was interviewing for a entry-level management position. I was told that everyone starts as a sales associate. I said I thought this was misleading. I was told the position was commission only, that I would be an independent contractor with no benefits and would have to provide me own phone lap top and would not be reimbursed for gas

Interview Questions
  • None. Only question that had to do with the position was if I had any management experience. Later found out the job was for a salea associate position   Answer Question

I was asked to come back the following day for the next round of interviews. After finding out the real name of the company - American Income Life not Toshner Group- and doing some research on the company I knew it was not a company I would want to work for. I felt I had been misled about the position I had applied for and flat out lied to about the company name. I let them know I would not be coming back for the next round of interviews

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worthington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at American Income Life.

I received a call from an AIL employee who said they were interested in me based on my resume posted on Monster.com. I told him that I was interested in a management position. He gave little to no information about the job and stated that he was just setting up interview appointments. I arrived at my appointment and was handed a "candidate form" to fill out while I waited 15 minutes for the interviewer. Meanwhile at least a dozen other people walked in for interviews. All were given the standard candidate form to fill out and asked to wait.

The interview occurred with someone other than who I was scheduled with and held in a public space (the lobby), which I was told was more relaxing.

The interviewer briefly and vaguely described the company, using one sentence. He asked two questions. 1.) How would you describe character? 2.) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate your competitiveness?

I asked him two questions. 1.) What they're looking for in a manager and 2.) If the position was salary or commission.

The answers were that everyone starts as a Benefits [something] (sales position not manager) and commission; that I would learn more about it at the next interview and he started to walk me back to the office.

I told him that I was not interested in either a sales or commission only position and that I would have appreciated full disclosure up front regarding the job so as not to have wasted my time.

Here's the deal: If you're looking for an insurance sales position and you want to work as a contractor on commission, you'll be able to score "the opportunity", no sweat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at American Income Life in August 2010.

I applied on-line and within two days I had an interview scheduled with them. The first interview was a face to face with the hiring manager, she was very friendly. She complimented me on my interviewing skills. I have the second interviewe/meeting scheduled, which is a group orientation. I will attend on Tuesday and I am anticipating an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most outstanding quality?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2010.

I was called and interviewed on the phone, and asked about 3 questions. Then when I went in for my 1 on 1, I was asked the same exact questions and he acted like he had never heard these answers before. After about 10 minutes in the interview he invited me to come back in an hour for a "group interview" with the regional director. When I came back, there was about 15-20 people in a room waiting for a presentation to begin. This lasted about 2 hours and showed videos on the most successful people in the company.. and how much $ they make. It was ridiculous. Then the last 15 minutes of the presentation was the compensation portion, which finally made clear that this is 100% commission based. After the presentation was over, I went into a different office with the same guy, who then told me how much it would cost to start working there. It was over $700, and I was totally side-swiped.
    I was called about 2 hours after I left the series of interviews, and was invited back for the 3rd interview. After reading more reviews about this company and realizing what I had gotten myself into, I definitely did NOT go back to the last interview. Any company who is legitimate will PAY for you to get trained and certified, this is a bunch of bologna!!

Interview Questions

I didn't feel confident about the credibility of the business. I don't feel comfortable having to sell my friends and family products for the company I work for..

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!