American Income Life

www.ailife.com
  www.ailife.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Entry Level Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in December 2010.

Received a phone call from the "HR Department" at AIL, later turned out to be one of their managers. Over the phone I was asked a series of questions regarding my leadership abilities and sales experience, after about ten minutes I was told that I had completed the screening process and could come in for a one-on-one interview.

Started my one-on-one interview with one of their managers, she asked me the typical background info and my interests in my future career, pretty basic, then I went on to the second session which was a presentation on the company background and compensation plan. This is where it got interesting; everyone starts off as an agent and after 4 months has the option of advancing to become a sales leader, manager, regional manager, etc. After this point, you are paid on the earnings of the agents that you bring into the business (pyramid scheme?!?). After all this you are told that to become an agent you need a license (about $475) and need to pay and admin fee / insurance services fee of $312. Needless to say I was quite disappointed at this point and decided that I was probably wasting my time.

I was invited back for a second interview the next day and decided to go simply to keep my interview skills sharp. During this round I was interviewed by an area manager who explained the compensation structure in more detail, including the fact that between the agents, supervisors, managers, regional managers, etc. AIL pays up to 110% commission on their policies, this makes me wonder not only how they make any money at all, but how do they pay for their offices, overhead, marketing etc. not to mention their claims?!!

Interview Questions

Cost too much money, appeared to be a pyramid scheme.