American Income Life

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Income Life in May 2009.

They contacted me about my resume, claiming I had sent it to them. In fact, they had seen it on Career Builder and pretended I had sent it to them (lie #1). Several people were coming and going for interviews with guys in suits who kept walking around and sizing us up. The guy who interviewed me rushed me back into an office and said he just wanted to see if he was going to "invite" me to the second interview "which is a real treat today because our (insert some big important title here) is here from Texas doing the presentation this morning!"

Of course I was asked to the second interview, as was everyone else waiting around. Plus, more people filed in as we all waited for this "lucky" presentation. The presentation started out like an infomercial for a get rich quick scheme you might find on TV at 3am. We were informed that this was actually our third interview because the lady that had called us (to schedule our interview) was actually applying "proven interview strategies" and "saw something in every one of [us]." By "proven interview strategies" they must mean asking, "we would like to schedule you for an interview - when would be a good time?" I think the "something" she saw in each one of us was the ability to answer the phone.

They asked me to come back. I left there and put the name of their company along with the word "scam" in google, and got about 60,000 responses! Testimony after testimony of the same exact experience. As it turns out, in order for us all to make more money than we had ever imagined (limitless potential), we simply had to pay for the program and software to attend their "state of the art" insurance licensing course and then get "field training" where I would basically be losing money to sell their products.

Interview Questions
  • How competitive are you on a scale of one to ten?   View Answer

Bogus interview. Bogus hiring process. Pyramid scheme. I refused because they would not answer my questions. They continued to tell me, "we'll discuss that when you come back." Basically, they took anyone who would fall for their hook.