American Income Life

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

1.7

Benefits of Enrollment Officer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Income Life.

Called and asked to come in.
    Made to wait and fill out paperwork which (apparently) may not be filled out beforehand.
    Two in-person interviews. Very uninformative about the position, initially.
    Asked to pay out of pocket to licence in order to work/be salesperson.

Was informed in initial phone interview that it was not a sales job... it was a sales job

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

3 step interview process: one short initial interview, one presentation/company Overview, and one final interview. The culture of the company seems very fun and energetic, but the growth trajectory seems a little too good to be true.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my skills nd customer service experience   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Income Life.

Very quick to determine hire. Detailed in job explanation and salary opportunity A Power Point presented to group on the job description. A very up beat organization and leads are generated by the organization so it's easier than trying to cold call. No boiler room atmosphere. You reap what you sow

Interview Questions

Had to make calls at night at private homes.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

Easy process - more of a company overview that an interview. A short 5 minute one on one and then a group session. I was offered a 1099 position the following day.

No negotiation avialable

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Income Life.

Group Orientation, Short interview process but also seemed like a very high turnover rate judging by the amount of needed applicants. The design of the overall pay structure is not clearly laid out until the final steps of the interviewing process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

They were nice and friendly, offered wonderful opportunities for management within the first introduction which was exciting to hear. They told me it would be a great new start for the New Year with the potential of making a lot of money.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give them money for training instead of paid training to get started. I am in debt and in need of money...hence looking for a better paying job that doesn't lay off.   Answer Question

I didn't have the money to start and they only pay you if you get a sale. I have bills!

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Income Life.

Group interview with many others. A personality test was given. Entire group presentation was not a positive or good experience...too much smoke in words about the process and details were glossed over.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Horrible....didn't and won't interview with them. They have a scripted call center trying to set up interviews. They will not stop calling. Poor business practice. It sounds like a high volume call center.

Supervising Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in January 2015.

I was contacted by phone by Jeff, a hiring manager, from the LaFond Agency in Woburn, MA. They had seen my resume on Monster.com. He introduced himself and said that there were two positions they were hiring for: a customer service-type position, and a entry-level management position. He asked me what I thought to be very few questions before he invited me for a first interview.

I went in a couple days later for the initial interview. As I waited, there were more and more applicants that came in. This had me a bit off guard, for they seemed to all be applying for the same position. Competition is expected, but who knows how many other days this has happened. The process continued similarly to how the phone conversation went. I met with a hiring manager for a few minutes, and was then invited to the conference room for a presentation. (Note here that they made it seem like this guy just so happens to be in the office that day and you should check it out, when in reality it was a standard company overview/recruiting presentaion.) This was the second red flag.

The details of the presentation were inticing:
    - Prospect of making a lot of money and your own schedule
    - Not stuck in an office all day
    - Working with young professionals like yourself, building your own career
    - Lead system suggests easier sales

But this was not without some flaws:
    - Needed to pay about $350 for insurance license, school, and exams.
    - ONLY get paid on commission from sales, and this could take time to obtain
    - Staff at this office seemed disinterested and cold, save a few members

They called me the day after this first interview to come in for a second interview. They said to bring questions, as they "move pretty quickly." I accepted the interview, but later canceled after further consideration of the points above. I did not study insurance in college, so it was not a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • I am concerned about the scripted nature of the employees. It seems that they are very keen on marketing and selling their brand to applicants. I respect this, but it makes me question how "tight-knit" their "team" is.   Answer Question

The industry is too far from the field that I studied. I want to utilize my skills while avoiding sales positions.

Entry Level Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Income Life in January 2015.

I applied to a very vague job description for a job that "supports unions". The name of the company was not in the job posting on craigslist so I emailed the person who posted the job to ask the company name and for the job description and never got a reply.

When I went to the interview it was unexpectedly a group interview. Unexpectedly again, the interview lasted 3 hours because they had us watch videos and listen to a few of the managers speak. The person who made the appointment with me on the phone two days earlier did not warn me about any of this, nor did she tell me the company name when I asked, only said it was a finical group that gives support to unions, never did she mention AIL. She made me believe it was a customer service position to union members and I "would be helping people." I found out the company name myself when I googled the address later.

They wanted me to pay $300 for online training and a license, which is odd because in all my years of working, I have never had a job where they made me pay for training for the company or the required materials. I declined final interview because it felt like they were hiring as many people as they could to sell insurance for them. I only stayed the entire 3 hours because I wanted to practice my interviewing skills.

(This interview was in Washington, not Texas - I didn't know how to change the location.)