American Income Life

Average Difficulty
263 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at American Income Life

Interview Details – Do not worrying about not getting a job here, they will literally hire anyone. They do this so you can sell to your friends and family then fire you after you realize that you can't sell to any of your leads because they all have been called already.

Interview Question – Will ask basic questions, pretty much questions you can find on the internet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation all commission base.

Hiring Manager Interview

Hiring Manager
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – Consisted of an initial phone interview, followed by an invitation to a personal interview later that week. Upon arrival, you are asked to fill out a sheet pertaining to your experience, salary requirements, and general information. The personal interview was standard interview fare: Get asked questions about your accomplishments, qualifications, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing was really out of the ordinary. The usual questions you hear in interviews.   Answer Question

Supervising Agent Interview

Supervising Agent
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very informative and professional. They were happy and excited to have us there. It is a very good company to work for and they are very accepting of all people from numerous backgrounds.

Negotiation Details – It was on me to succeed or fail to get started. They gave me everything I needed to succeed but you have to achieve it for yourself.

Manager Interview

Manager
Tacoma, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in January 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in with my wife who had received an offer for an interview. We did the first initial interview and were invited back for the second. The second interview was more of a group interview with two other people there for other positions, and instead of testing us or asking us questions, they simply expounded on the wonders and benefits of selling life insurance for this company. Immediately after this, they pulled both my wife and I aside into the Branch Manager's office for a third interview. This consisted primarily of general chitchat and stories about Montana. I was offered the job, and told to come in for the fourth and final interview, where we determined that the extreme workload would not be fitting.

Reason for Declining – 80-hours + per week with no immediate benefit.

North Royalton, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Income Life in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview? More like, everyone meet here and listen to how awesome we make our company out to be and anyone and everyone who is willing to work for free over the next 2 months is hired! But they act like they are very selective with hiring. It's hiding the truth after lie. If you don't kiss the manager's behind, you will not work there. Inexperienced and young managers who have zero managing experience besides what they think they have learned there at AIL.

Interview Question – How soon can you come up with $300?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate

Agent Interview

Agent
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call about a resume I had posted online. The caller wanted to know if I would be interested in interviewing for the agent position. She explained that it was full time with benefits starting after the first 90 days. When I asked if this was a sales position the caller said I would need to discuss this question during my interview. RED FLAG. The interview would be with the district manager. When I asked for the name of the district manager, she again deferred to the interview. RED FLAG. When I asked if the training period was paid for, she did not answer but responded with the same deferment. RED FLAG. After we set a date and time for the interview, I began researching online and found validation of my concerns. I called back and cancelled the interview stating I was no longer interested in the position.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Entry Level Sales
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in April 2014.

Interview Details – It is a very intense process! There are five steps to this interview and unfortunately the details about hours and type of work week expected of you is not revealed until the 4th interview!

Interview Question – I didn't know I would need to pay to take tests and get licensed for an entry level position!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I could not commit to the hours and physicality of the job.

Life Insurance Producer Interview

Life Insurance Producer
Cordova, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Income Life in April 2014.

Interview Details – As "ad hoc" and random a possible for show. Everyone is hired once they get their license. They lie in order to get individuals into the office while preying specifically on the desperate.

Interview Question – "You're here for the management position, correct?"   View Answer

Insurance Sales Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter saying they had seen my resume posted on a job board and would like me to come in for an interview. I set up an interview and came into the office to speak with a manager. When I got there someone else came out to interview me. We spoke for about 20 minutes about basic qualifications and work motivators before moving onto the next step for a group presentation. The group interview was a presentation where management gave a sales pitch to get you to join what felt like a pyramid scheme. They tried to get you through the door as soon as possible to start training, which you have to pay for yourself. If you have to pay to work somewhere, you are a CUSTOMER, not an employee. Don't be fooled by this scheme into working long hours so that the top dogs can collect commission off of your sales.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They basically ask all interviewees to come in for training to join the team.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The business plan looked and felt like a pyramid scheme.

Master General Agent Interview

Master General Agent
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in January 2011.

Interview Details – Cattle Call, group interview. They will hire anyone who can pass a background check and fog a mirror. Senior managers get up and do an hour long pitch on how great the company is, how much they care about their people and clients, and how much money you will make. Great honeymoon phase until after training and you become their slave horse.

Interview Question – Can you pay $365 for an insurance license   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I initially declined but needed a better opportunity and what was being offered sounded good - too good to be true, as it were - so I took it. Regretted it. Waste of 3 years of my life/young professional career.