American Income Life Interview Questions

1.7

Administrative/Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

I did not apply for a position with this company. They called me saying they had found my resume online, and thought I would be a good fit with their company. I asked them the company name and was told Panzer Group. I asked what they did, because this company name was not familiar to me, and they told me they worked with schools/teachers to offer them insurance. I asked what role I would be interviewing for and was told they had a few positions open that were receptionist/administrative assistant type positions. I agreed to interview, and set up a date 2 days after their call.

Later that day, I had some free time so decided to do some research and gather information for my interview. Upon doing so, I found that this is a common practice for this company. They call or e-mail saying they found you here or there, and then offer you some random job (in my case the resume they found was one I loaded to a website for an administrative assistant position). Then you go in and find this position is not available and you'll be doing door to door cold insurance sales. They also want for you to recruit as I found this is a pyramid deal as well. Since they are selling a real product, it is a legal pyramid 'scheme'. I called to cancel, but could not reach anyone, so I 'missed' my interview. They called the day of my interview and asked to reschedule. I'm sorry but a real opportunity is not likely to allow you to reschedule an interview unless you were hospitalized or your next of kin was dead or dying. More red flags to me, and I'm so glad I did my research and didn't walk into this uncomfortable situation.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask that if I had a spouse that I bring him a packet. I thought this was very odd. Why should my spouse be part of my interview process?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

It's a waste of time. They try to make it seem like you are applying for a general management position but really when it comes down to it, it is just a sales position. I had to sit through a 3-hour interview to find out later that it was not even for the job I thought it was. They used the interview to try to sell their company. I had to call them later and ask in-depth questions to get to the point that it was really just a sales position that I was applying for (they try very hard to not say that).

Interview Questions

I believe this company is misleading and manipulative. I wouldn't want to work for that kind of company.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

I have been on three different insurance interviews. This is the first one where the prospects were put in a conference room where we learned the history, basics, learning potential and overview of the vested company. I really like that process. I was called back for a one on one the next business day. Be prepared to spend two hours.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a 4point scale survey. Its a great way to get an in depth look at the candidate.   Answer Question
    Not yet!

Only One They Have, Call Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

I kept getting emails and phone calls from a resume posted on Monster. We connected the day before mass interviews were being scheduled and I specifically asked if this was a sales position as I was not interested in sales and my vague answer was yes but they were interviewing for managers. What I didn't know then was that EVERYONE comes in as a Call Agent regardless of your experience. Everyone. And if you sell enough stuff long enough, you'll get an opportunity to move into a supervisor role and up from there. I go to the meeting and my interview was 3 minutes long. It was apparent to me the person interviewing me just needed to meet me to push me into a 45 minute group session which detailed the position and pay scale. I was in a room with 7 other people filling out a personality questionnaire and then had a presentation on the product which, on its own merit seems to be a great product. This company offers some free benefits to union members (the bait) if they send back the post card to register and uses these returned forms as a way to contact union members to upsell additional insurance ($1052/yr). "no cold calls" they said even though these people are responding to free benefits and not asking about additional benefits. Again, the product seems to be a good product for $65/mos. You're thinking, okay, I can do this. The manager doing the presentation says that her office closes 6-8 out of every 12 inquires yet the presentation says 3 of every 12. Then we get into pay. You have to close $1500/week in sales. That's only 1-2 policies a week and if they're spoken model is right, you're sure to meet this right? So they'd pay you 65% of your commission for the week holding the rest back in case people change their minds. This is how they avoid "charge backs" which is when a sales rep is paid commission and then owes it back if what they sold is returned or not closed. They talked about weekly bonuses of $500 but not sure how that comes into play it was very vague. This is a commission only position. If you need to count on steady income, forget this company. After reading employee reviews, forget about having a life too as your appointments are at the customers home and most likely in the evening when they're home from work. You spend all day setting up appts and then have to GO to the appts. Seems like a great fit for someone who doesn't need steady income or want a personal life. At the end of the presentation, you're given another form to fill out that asks why they should hire you, what your most concerned with and whether you'll see yourself in a career with AIL and the manager left the room saying we would know by the end of the day if we were called back for a final interview. I circled no to the career question but I strongly suspect that anyone who said Yes got a call that they "made the cut." If the company couldn't be upfront and honest about what they were offering the first time we talked (sales versus manager position being a very clearly specified inquiry) I would be a fool to believe anything else they said after finding this out. This lends more credence to the reviews that hiring managers are paid based on who comes to the interview not on finding the most qualified appropriate candidates. Seems to me this company is a sales pitch from start to finish and if you don't mind being lied to, by all means, go in for an interview for a job you're sure to get, but don't waste your time posting employee reviews for something you willingly walked in to.

Interview Questions
    • None. During 3 minute interview "tell me about yourself" and "what did you enjoy most about your last job" and during the 45-min presentation "what are your career goals" which is spoken out loud in front of those whom you are sitting with. HINT: they wanted everyone to say $ and opportunity as that's what comes up on their slides but everyone said "To help people."   Answer Question

read my notes. They lied from the first moment I spoke to them. Sales, commission, and apparently your personal life will take a dive for a long time if you don't stand up for yourself.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

I was called by a young man named Oliver and was praised on my resume and when I stated that I was looking for management positions I was told there were management positions available. I was invited to an interview with Charmaine (who I never met). When I arrived I was asked to complete a form and wait to be seen. I was then placed in a room with 10 other candidates to be delivered a 45 minute sales pitch by a very competent speaker about becoming an insurance agent. You will be told that there is no cold calling and that you work with Union members to provide them insurance. What you are not told is that customers expect you to be giving them free child safety kits when you arrive at the appointment, as part of a union benefit. It will then be your job to coerce the customers into buying insurance (after you have gained referrals for a 'free child safety kit'). This is know as bait and switch. I am sure that some individuals in this organisation earn $100k+, that is because the turnover rate is extremely high and those that stay to become 'managers' continue to earn the residual income from the sales of those that have left. As you are paid only commission and have to pay for your own licenses, gas money etc. then this is a no lose for the company for you to join, make sales and then leave within a year. If this sounds like a job you would like then I wish you the best of luck for your bank account and your soul.

Interview Questions
    • It was a sales pitch. "Can you breath and speak English".   Answer Question

Very unethical business approach.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

Actual first interview is less than 5 minutes, afterwards you are asked to sit in the conference room and wait for a presentation by a higher up who promises you thousands of dollars per week.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

The interview process began in a classroom setting with the manager speaking to the group for 2 hours. She came very extensive information about the sales position, salary and products. It seems that AIL will train for a 2 week period and also give hands on training. The interview process was 2 interviews which were relaxed and organized. AIL looks to be an up and coming company that would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • AIS has an incredible salary compensation. Would you like to earn unlimited amounts of income?   View Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

Read any review, its all a scam to get you to come in, as long as you come in through the doors, and if 1 percent of you get hired, they win. they could care less if you get fired, care less if you bleed out financially. Its cattle call hiring, they will tell you its not, again and again, but the doors continue to revolve year round. Please, consider this, Do you really know what the job is ?

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals, what separates you from other people? Why do you think you'd make a great fit? What kind of experience do you have in management.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

It is a group interview for the initial which was a little off putting at first but then I got to meet with the hiring manager one on one and I will say it was nice to get all the info right up front.

Interview Questions
    • knowing that we all have things that we could improve about ourselves what are a couple things you was like to improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume on monster or careerbuilder -- i can't remember which one -- and she gave me an overview of what the company did and asked if i could come in for a group interview a few days later. I went in and the manager had a presentation that explained everything that they did and how they did it.