American Income Life

Relevance Date Difficulty

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in June 2014.

Interview Details – They call you in from your resume posted online, does not matter what your qualifications are they will hire anyone. Have a regular interview then ask you if you can stay for a presentation, very convincing almost as if they are trying to sell you the job, tell you that they will call you back and they do set up a future interview, hire you make the pay sound amazing make you pay for fingerprinting, insurance class, and test. Do not tell you how long it will take to get you license and you are an independent contractor that does not get any form of guaranteed pay.

Negotiation Details – none.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent
Long Beach, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy. There were not too many questions asked by the interviewer. The interview mostly consisted of the interviewer informing me of the company and the job description. After each description he would simply ask if that was something I could do, or if that was something I was okay with.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with entering people's homes and explaining/handling insurance policies?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was not comfortable with the aspect of going to people's homes. I was under the assumption that I would be working out of an office.

Insurance Producer Interview

Insurance Producer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – They will probably call you and tell you they found your resume on Monster.com or if someone else referred you, they will bring you and about 20 other people in at once (most of the time) and have a group interview. They will have you come in on a meeting day so they can WOW you with the money people make and everyone puts on there smiling faces. It seems happy and fun. It's just the opposite, during the interview they will make you stand up and tell them why you want to work there and why you would be a good fit. Then they say they will let you know if they want you to come back for a final interview. They will probably call you since the turnover is so high and bring you back, make you pay for your training and licensing. When you start-your first 90 days you will work M-F 9-9 Saturday 8-2 and mostly every Sunday even though they tell you, you will have off. They don't really ask a ton of questions they do most of the talking.

Interview Question – Pretty much just why you want to work for them is the only question they ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They ask if you want the opportunity, and you say yes or no. It's 100% commission. No negotiating

Benfits Coordinator Interview

Benfits Coordinator
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was called one afternoon to schedule an interview the next morning for a Benefit Coordinator position. I was told this Charlotte office was new to the area, only 2 months, and they had found themselves in need of someone to fill this position. I was told I would be interviewed by the owners of the company and was given the address and phone number. I immediately tried to look the company up online to find out more about the business but found nothing. I checked the phone number that set up the interview and found it was a Myrtle Beach phone number associated with a company willing to pay $9 an hour to set up appointments...even though the caller said she would see me at the interview (hmmmmm...). I called the office number given to me by the interview-setter and asked the receptionist if the company had a website I could review...she gave me the AIL site and told me the new company name was under the umbrella of AIL.

When I arrived there were 10 other people already in the waiting room completing paperwork...and more coming in behind me. I was handed a one page sheet to complete about my likes and dislikes about my current or previous job. There were "managers" coming out about every 2 minutes to take back anyone who had completed their sheets. The manager I got barely had a handshake at all and spoke so low I didn't catch his name. I was escorted to an office and asked simple questions and the guy really seemed sleepy and bored. I was in there only a few minutes (I assume that was the interview) when I was escorted to a conference room to be part of a bigger group session, probably more than 20 people, to hear about the company history and benefits.

It was over an hour of the history of AIL and how much money you could make in insurance sales going to people's homes with free leads, how only the best of the best would be hired (I won't be hiring everyone in this room today), saying they had to make sure you were GOOD enough for them to LET you work for AIL (arrogant much?). All this work would be done during the hours of 1pm to 9pm... maybe not the best hours but if you can't sacrifice some evening time with your family and skip some weekend BBQs with your friends then you were probably not going to be successful anyway because you were not willing to make sacrifices..(sheesh!...really?!)

Seemed like a big stretch from Benefits Coordinator to insurance sales so once the presentation was over I found the receptionist at the back of the room, chewing her gum, and told her this was not going to work for me. She looked a bit disgusted and said 'k so I excused myself and left. The remainder of the folks were completing another sheet and were being asked back by those same "managers"...I guess for interview #2...I just couldn't subject myself to anymore of what they were offering.

Very Easy Interview

Benefits Coordinator American Income Life=- Carvajal Agency- SAN Antonio, TX Interview

Benefits Coordinator American Income Life=- Carvajal Agency- SAN Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2014.

Interview Details – I got called into this interview because they found my resume online. The man who recruited me said the base salary was $40,000 and the hours are flexible. He also described the position as a benefits coordinator that went out to meet with it's union members that are already clients and speak to them about their benefits and renewals. When I went the the interview it was an orientation for other people regarding the history of the business and why this career can make you successful as a SALES REP (selling insurance). The initial phone interview was misleading, and this is a pyramid scheme. The try to sell you on the opportunity of moving up and owning your own office. No thank you.

Reason for Declining – This is commission based- and you must buy into this as an investment.

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Income Life in March 2014.

Interview Details – Three interviews, all of them ridiculously easy, they tell you about themselves a lot but never really go into asking you questions besides "are you ok with that?". I found out later that they mainly just hire anyone that can meet their requirements.

Interview Question – They asked no questions, in three interviews.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent

Interviewed at American Income Life

Interview Details – Do not worrying about not getting a job here, they will literally hire anyone. They do this so you can sell to your friends and family then fire you after you realize that you can't sell to any of your leads because they all have been called already.

Interview Question – Will ask basic questions, pretty much questions you can find on the internet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation all commission base.

Hiring Manager Interview

Hiring Manager
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – Consisted of an initial phone interview, followed by an invitation to a personal interview later that week. Upon arrival, you are asked to fill out a sheet pertaining to your experience, salary requirements, and general information. The personal interview was standard interview fare: Get asked questions about your accomplishments, qualifications, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing was really out of the ordinary. The usual questions you hear in interviews.   Answer Question

Supervising Agent Interview

Supervising Agent
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very informative and professional. They were happy and excited to have us there. It is a very good company to work for and they are very accepting of all people from numerous backgrounds.

Negotiation Details – It was on me to succeed or fail to get started. They gave me everything I needed to succeed but you have to achieve it for yourself.

Manager Interview

Manager
Tacoma, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in January 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in with my wife who had received an offer for an interview. We did the first initial interview and were invited back for the second. The second interview was more of a group interview with two other people there for other positions, and instead of testing us or asking us questions, they simply expounded on the wonders and benefits of selling life insurance for this company. Immediately after this, they pulled both my wife and I aside into the Branch Manager's office for a third interview. This consisted primarily of general chitchat and stories about Montana. I was offered the job, and told to come in for the fourth and final interview, where we determined that the extreme workload would not be fitting.

Reason for Declining – 80-hours + per week with no immediate benefit.