American Income Life Interview Questions

1.7

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

There is a multi-step interview process. But I was told this over the phone and during my first interview.

My over the phone interview was positive which was the reason I came in. Following that, I met with a member of the senior staff who took about 1/2 hour for our interview. Which to me seemed normal. I was invited to the next step of the interview process where I did learn a great deal about the company, its values and the services it provides. I was invited back to meet with the partner of the firm and was offered and accepted the position. I can see by reading through the posts below that some people didn't have the same positive experience as I had. With that said, I thought I would share my experience as it was different and feel as though the company and people at the company are bright, positive and successful. For me, it was a good fit. .

Interview Questions
    • Knowing that we all have areas of improvement, what would mine be at this time.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Home Office Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2014.

I went to a career fair and I got a call from them about three days late, telling me that they wanted to interview me. I went in to their office and I had a bad vibe going into. I was brought to an office and ask me a few questions then was taken to some conference to listen to a presentation that lasted about an hour, claiming that you could make $4,000.00 a month which to me sounded to good to be true. Then if you're lucky you'll get call for a 3rd interview but by that point I just wanted to get out.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in June 2014.

Received a phone call from a director at AIL and was invited for an interview the next morning at their Woburn location. The person indicated that they had found my resume interesting and wanted to see if I could be a "good fit". At their offices the next day, I found that they had lined up nearly 50 interviews as well, all for sales positions. The interview itself was short and superficial. The discussion did not touch on my previous experiences and/or background. The interviewer only wanted to gauge whether or not I could work with "blue collar" clients. The interviewer suggested that I meet his own director in order to advance my candidacy further. I declined to do so and thanked his for his time.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about your ability to work with blue collar clients.   Answer Question

I think the AIL lacks gravitas and prestige.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2014.

The interview was an open cattle call. The interviewing manager called me dude, I'm over 50 with vastly greater experience the the interviewer. He also asked me my age which is not allowed. If this manager offers a glimpes of their corporate culture, I want no part of it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, except my age.   View Answer

The interview was a cattle call. They are looking for bodies to go out and hope some stick. Target blue collar union employees. Mostly work in evening. In home sale aggressive sales tactics. Not my style.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview was short and straight to the point. The manager was very nice and polite. I received a call within the next week saying I was hired if i was still interested and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • None at all. Questions were easy and very much expected   Answer Question

Managing General Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

interviewed at American Income Life in July 2014.

Got a call saying they saw my resume online and were interested in interviewing tomorrow. I did my duty to investigate the company and position on glass door and I do not feel it necessary to even call them back to decline the interview I have bunch of slimeballs. Check out their practices but its a pyramid scheme, insanely easy interview process in which you pay them 700 for training and insurance license then you are 100% commission even tho they tell you its for a management trainee.

"Union Service Representative" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life.

Over the phone they don't tell you what the interview is about. They act so interested in your resume and make job seem so easy and profitable without saying what it really is.The group orientation is ran by someone who talks so fast that you can't follow or ask questions. They do special training for the people who do orientations. They make the cons of the job to hard to follow and fluff up the position so you feel like even the dumbest person can do this job. They train people who to use psychology to make you feel that this is the perfect job. Looking back, I feel like I was almost brainwashed into committing to this.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing at all. It was basic.
      "How much money do you want to make a year?"
      "Do you ever want to move up in the company?"
      "Why should I hire you:"
        Answer Question
    They make the job seem so desirable, but they hire anyone

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cape Coral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2014.

Called by a recruiter. I was asked to come in for an interview which was a cattle call type of affair. I was one of maybe 30 people they interviewed that day. I was asked to take a course mandatory 40 hour course to be eligible to take the FL insurance test. They split the cost 50/50. I then had to take the FL test which there was no reimbursement to me. I passed the test. Then I had to come in for training and learned I would have to memorize a script they came up with verbatim to be eligible to sell their product. I also learned I would have to come into their office twice a week to book appointments. They would have remote access to my computer. I would be required to get 10 leads or more per sales call no matter what and they would monitor this even though they don't pay me a thing unless I make a sale. I call it being self employed and being micro managed by someone who only profits from my sales and has no other expense or vested interest in my future. Also they expect a 6 day work week. Management only works 5 . Also if you leave they keep your accounts. So really you are working for them and they have zero risk but the same is not true for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really most insurance companies that are 100% straight commission will allow you to sell their product since they never really hire you since you are on a 1099 basis. If you pass the State Insurance Test they will appoint you if you can walk, talk, dial a phone and have a drivers license. They have nothing to lose you only get paid if you sell some thing. You carry the risk they have none.   Answer Question

They wanted to micro manage me with no monetary incentive to do so.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life.

I was called by the company as they found my resume online. The initial interview is just a screening tool. Its very brief. After passing that you are immediately given a personality survey & brought into a presentation to a group. The presentation details what the company does & what the benefits structure is. After a couple of questions as to why you would best fit, you are done with the second part. They call back those they want to conduct final interviews with. The final interview is mainly to ensure you have the drive & desire to do the job. If an offer is extended, be sure to have enough money in your account to pay for your licensing course (usually about 150).

Customer Service Interview

First Interview is a group meeting, where you answer a bunch of questions. They ask you back for a second interview before reading your answers as long as you say you are still interested, and then the sales pitch begins. They pitch the job to you like they are selling it to you.

Interview Questions
    • They just want your questions more than they ask their own.   Answer Question