American Income Life Interview Questions

1.7

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

I was called by a young man named Oliver and was praised on my resume and when I stated that I was looking for management positions I was told there were management positions available. I was invited to an interview with Charmaine (who I never met). When I arrived I was asked to complete a form and wait to be seen. I was then placed in a room with 10 other candidates to be delivered a 45 minute sales pitch by a very competent speaker about becoming an insurance agent. You will be told that there is no cold calling and that you work with Union members to provide them insurance. What you are not told is that customers expect you to be giving them free child safety kits when you arrive at the appointment, as part of a union benefit. It will then be your job to coerce the customers into buying insurance (after you have gained referrals for a 'free child safety kit'). This is know as bait and switch. I am sure that some individuals in this organisation earn $100k+, that is because the turnover rate is extremely high and those that stay to become 'managers' continue to earn the residual income from the sales of those that have left. As you are paid only commission and have to pay for your own licenses, gas money etc. then this is a no lose for the company for you to join, make sales and then leave within a year. If this sounds like a job you would like then I wish you the best of luck for your bank account and your soul.

Interview Questions
    • It was a sales pitch. "Can you breath and speak English".   Answer Question

Very unethical business approach.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

Read any review, its all a scam to get you to come in, as long as you come in through the doors, and if 1 percent of you get hired, they win. they could care less if you get fired, care less if you bleed out financially. Its cattle call hiring, they will tell you its not, again and again, but the doors continue to revolve year round. Please, consider this, Do you really know what the job is ?

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals, what separates you from other people? Why do you think you'd make a great fit? What kind of experience do you have in management.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

It is a group interview for the initial which was a little off putting at first but then I got to meet with the hiring manager one on one and I will say it was nice to get all the info right up front.

Interview Questions
    • knowing that we all have things that we could improve about ourselves what are a couple things you was like to improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume on monster or careerbuilder -- i can't remember which one -- and she gave me an overview of what the company did and asked if i could come in for a group interview a few days later. I went in and the manager had a presentation that explained everything that they did and how they did it.

Managing General Agent Interview

The hiring process is very unique. We look for people who want growth within themselves and not waiting for the company to promote them. When you come in for your interview keep an open mind and look for the opportunity this company provides and you will see the opportunities are endless as it has changed my life!

Interview Questions
    • most difficult question I find that people find hard to answer in my interviews are: what are you looking to avoid?   Answer Question

"Union Service Representative" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

Over the phone they don't tell you what the interview is about. They act so interested in your resume and make job seem so easy and profitable without saying what it really is.The group orientation is ran by someone who talks so fast that you can't follow or ask questions. They do special training for the people who do orientations. They make the cons of the job to hard to follow and fluff up the position so you feel like even the dumbest person can do this job. They train people who to use psychology to make you feel that this is the perfect job. Looking back, I feel like I was almost brainwashed into committing to this.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing at all. It was basic.
      "How much money do you want to make a year?"
      "Do you ever want to move up in the company?"
      "Why should I hire you:"
        Answer Question
    They make the job seem so desirable, but they hire anyone

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Income Life.

Interview was short and straight to the point. The manager was very nice and polite. I received a call within the next week saying I was hired if i was still interested and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • None at all. Questions were easy and very much expected   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

There is a multi-step interview process. But I was told this over the phone and during my first interview.

My over the phone interview was positive which was the reason I came in. Following that, I met with a member of the senior staff who took about 1/2 hour for our interview. Which to me seemed normal. I was invited to the next step of the interview process where I did learn a great deal about the company, its values and the services it provides. I was invited back to meet with the partner of the firm and was offered and accepted the position. I can see by reading through the posts below that some people didn't have the same positive experience as I had. With that said, I thought I would share my experience as it was different and feel as though the company and people at the company are bright, positive and successful. For me, it was a good fit. .

Interview Questions
    • Knowing that we all have areas of improvement, what would mine be at this time.   Answer Question

AIL Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

I was initially contacted from a recruiter who had found my resume online. They told me they were interested in having me come to interview for a benefits coordinator as well as a manager in training role. I spent my only day off driving to their office to find that there were 10 other candidates sitting in the office waiting for their interviews. One by one the receptionist called us into a conference room for a group "interview". The manager of the branch came into the room and talked about how great their company was and left the room to have us watch an hour long video on the company. After the movie was over we filled out a 5 question questionnaire asking simple questions like why they should hire us. In NO way was this an interview for either a benefits coordinator or manager in training role, it is simply a sales job with no salary . commission based only. The receptionist called me within an hour of leaving the office claiming that I was one of the only candidates picked even though you could tell everyone came back for a second interview. I declined the position due to being so frustrated with the misleading qualities of the interview process and position.

Interview Questions

There is no salary and the position was severely misled. waste of time.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

Do not come here if you can find any job. They first invite you to an on-site screening to ask you simple questions for 5 mins. Then you come in for the next interview, but surprise... it is not an interview. It felt like a one hour+ seminar describing them as a great company. If I have known this was a 100% commission-based position, then I would not have came to their company a second time. They fail to tell you anything about the company until the presentation. Even then, they are vague about your assumed responsibilites and duties.