American Income Life

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2014.

Interview Details – Lied about position I'd be interviewing for, person I would be interviewing with, and that the position would be salaried however was actually 1099

Interview Question – None it was a joke   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No interest in working for a company that begins a relationship by lying

Agent Interview

Agent
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – First you get a phone call/prescreen to set up your interview. The initial interview is a typical group presentation geared toward hyping you up to the possibility of making a lot of money. This is followed by a one on one screening and then a continued group presentation. This is largely necessary because less than 1% of the new hires actually go on to make it work. After this, a follow up and final interview with your proposed Senior or Master General Agent and then an offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell Life Insurance?   View Answer

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied online and interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Explain why we should hire you.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

Interview Details – While this position is title account manager in reality you are selling life insurance policies. Your income is commission based on the number of policies you sell.

Interview Question – As your sales increase you become responsible for other agents who are selling the same product as you. You earn a commission from their sales as well.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – too much like multi level marketing for me.

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process at American Income Life makes the average joe feel like he has stumbled upon a gold mine. In fact this job is nothing more than selling life insurance to people using the very common leads and referral process. I worked at one of the South Florida offices and was quite disappointed by the organization of the agency and the support systems.

Interview Question – There are not too many difficult questions to ask, they basically look for people who have drive and need money badly enough to be driving to different homes all day and try to sell insurance.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Bangor, ME

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2013.

Interview Details – They bring you to the office for an Interview, they put you in a room with several people and the guy tells you how much money he makes selling insurances the. Gives falls numbers to tell customers to get them to purchase more life insurance,

Interview Question – When I was called for the interview after they found my résumé on line, it was 90 min away, I asked where the job would be, I was told I would work from home, at the interview I was told my training would be 90 min away for 6 weeks, 9am to 11pmI had to pay for all of my training materials and testing. Then be working 90 min away in another city   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the feeling I got from him and the distance was not doable

"Benefit Specialist" Aka Sale Agent Interview

"Benefit Specialist" Aka Sale Agent
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – I would like to start by stating these comments are not a reflection on the company as a whole nor their product, which I believe both have merit. But, this is a review of the recruitment process.

I applied for a position online under the guise of this being a client service/customer service position. The details listed were, I assume, intentionally misleading. There were two postings for positions listing, one stating sales and one stating customer service. The customer service position stated “base pay of $40,000”. Roughly a day or two later, I received a call where they asked a few general questions about my experience and afterwards was told that I would be taking calls for only union representatives and members. This appealed to me due to my experience in account management. The HR Rep set a date for a 2nd Interview with a manager. This too was intentionally misleading as when I arrived for my interview I was with roughly 30 other people. I completed a personality questionnaire and quickly found out that this was not an interview but a presentation that merely discussed the company, their philosophy, and the financial rewards of becoming a Sales Agent. The meeting had a feel straight out of a Jordan Belfort speech from “Wolf of Wall Street”. After the meeting they explained that they would be reviewing your questionnaires and requested that you send an email responding to additional questions that same day. There was no real opportunity given to determine if only sales positions were being offered.

A few days later, I received a call from a HR Rep requesting a 2nd “interview. Again, I asked if this was only for a sales position and the Rep stated that those determinations would be explained at the interview. I accepted this interview. When I arrived, I completed another questionnaire. Again, this was not a 1:1 interview but yet another meeting, this time with only two other people. There was more information about the Sales Position and the cost to get started, which requires that you pay upfront to get your insurance license, background check, etc. totaling in the neighborhood of $300+. At the end, we were told if we were ready to commit the time for training, and of course the money, we were being offered the position of a Sales Agent but needed to contact them by week’s end. Again, I asked about the Customer Service position and was given no information. A day later I reached out to the HR Rep to get clarification on the Customer Service position and was advised that the only positions being offer were the sales job or P/T HR jobs the paid nearly minimum wage.

If you’re looking for a sales job, the product seems interesting, but I feel that the deceptive practice of getting you in the door for a standard Amway-style presentation with the impression of a completely different position should be addressed. In other words, I believe that unless you’re looking for a sales position look elsewhere. I believe that I completely wasted time in my day meeting for a position I would have never applied for had I been given honest information, which is most likely their goal.

Interview Question – No real interview questions. Just basic question like what kind of person are you, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was misled on the position that was being offered

Entry-level Management Interview

Entry-level Management
Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – Responded to a job posting online. A recruiter called me to screen me, asking me a few questions such as, "How many people have you supervised?" "How would you describe your management style?" and "What would be the one word people would use to describe you?" I was then scheduled for an interview a few days later.

Interview Question – How many people have you supervised?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – It was billed as an administrative position, as it was posted in the administrative section. However, when I scanned the company I found out it was a sales position. When I called and asked the woman said it was indeed a sales position. I just couldn't work for a company that was so misleading and dishonest right out of the gate.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Metairie, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a MANAGER position on line and Recruiter Angie called me, barley asked any questions, set me up for an interview, and ask that I "dress professional". I have been a Manager for over 12 years no one needed to tell me how to dress, this should have been my first sign. After reading some bad interview stories on glass door I called the office in Metairie and asked if this was a management position not a sales position, I was again lied to and told yes. I went in the next day and sat down with a gentleman for 5 minutes who looked over my resume. I also asked him if this was a management position not a sales position, was told yes and they would explain more. I was brought into a room with 20 other people and listened to and hour and of a gentleman go on and on about how great the company was all while he threw in at least 5 times if this wasn't the position for you it was better then making $12-$15 an hour which was completely degrading. I am currently employed and do not make $12-$15 an hour, I'm sure other people in there would agree. I also learned he makes $160,000 a year. $7,000 his first month, he has a lot of money (which he said at least 5 times) yet the company isn't just about money. He is friends with Reggie Bush and someone else I guess we were all suppose to be impressed by. This was a typical sales pitch presentation. Lie to get you in there. Also, The free vacations are a very cheesey approach to get people to work here also!!!

Interview Question – No one really asked me any questions.   View Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – I was contacted on the phone for a position I didn't apply to for what I was told was "The Fung Company." I was told that the company focused on working with unions to provide life insurance and that I would be considered for a management position. I found horrible reviews of the company online, but I gave them a shot. The interview was oriented around a "pitch" as if they were trying to sell me the job, and after everything I found out that my "management" position would only be realized after months of working 12-hour commission-only days.

Interview Question – All the questions were designed to lead me into thinking I was "perfect" for the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It's an extremely suspicious and shady company, and I just can't trust them as an employer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Income Life