American Income Life

Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Life Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

They called me telling me I applied online, I did not. I said, "is this a sales type job? If so, I am not interested." They said, "Well, we have sales jobs, but there are other jobs available, so why don't you come in and check it." So needless to say, I believed her and came in. They did a seminar, showed you the great potential of what you can do there. That you can make all this money, with basic effort. But with a lot of hard work, you can make a lot more.

Interview Questions
  • What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?   View Answer
There was no negotiation phase. You basically take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Life Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

Well to start off, I found their add on Craigslist which was pretty vague and didn't even tell me who the actual company was. It just mentioned briefly about being a part of Torchmark. But I decided to send them my resume, and during the same day I received a response back saying that my resume matched what they were looking for. So I scheduled an interview for a couple days later and sat down with a manager for about 10-15 minutes where he asked the basic interview questions. For example: Why would you be a good fit, What's most important to you in a career, etc. Then they have you sit in on a company overview with the other candidates and also answer all your questions. Then they have you fill out a questionnaire at the end of the overview. They say that they will review it and if they like it they will call you back about a second interview. The second interview for me only lasted about 10 minutes before they offered me the job and then immediately after asks for $200 for their licensing class without mentioning anything ahead of time, so it caught me off guard. Lastly they give you your schedule for the next week so you can start your licensing class. Just be careful because they will throw money in your face, about all the potential there is, but they avoid mentioning that there aren't any guarantees.
     Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    There really isn't any negotiation seeings that the job is commission based so you can't negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Income Life in December 2012.

Must be able to learn quickly, follow process, take feedback, work smart and hard, willing to give time to get the rewards

Interview Questions
    open and honest as to how to grow the monetary rewards